• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast

My question is how different is it from the svea? Asked Goodpasture in a facebook comment section. He thinks its a good comparison but he needs more time with the Stig to really know. That sounds like pretty darn similar so I dont know yet.

Slightly faster Svea did not seem like a hole in their lineup like a flippier Z did before.

Been throwing the Stig for a few days now, trying to figure it out.

It's the same rim width as the Kaxe (haven't measured just felt and eyeballed), which is about 1mm narrower than a Leopard. It's moderately deep, feels slightly deeper than a Kaxe, but that may be due to the dome.

When you hit this disc right it just goes; my max distance golf line is around 430-440' and I got the Stig out to 380' on a pretty tight hyzerflip line, probably more distance potential than my Leopards.

That said, if the one I got is representative I will not be bagging it; it doesn't take power well at all and I'm way more consistent throwing a Proxy hard than being touchy with this disc. Out of the box it's somewhere between my two flippy Pro Leopards in stability, definitely flippier than the one I've been beating in for almost a year but not as flippy as my hyzerflip roller Leopard.

TL;DR: Same speed as Kaxe, kinda deep, kinda domey, long but very understable. My numbers: 6/6/-3/1.

If they retool the kaxe to be more stable/overstable, people are going to miss the Z even more...

I wish they had done this and _kept_ the KaxeZ.

Oh well - If they screw this up entirely I still have 3 with the stability I want before I have to switch back to my stack of Truths.

I wish they had done this and _kept_ the KaxeZ.

Oh well - If they screw this up entirely I still have 3 with the stability I want before I have to switch back to my stack of Truths.

I agree. A good K1 Kaxe Z Had the stability of a barely broken in Kaxe. I would have loved just a little more space between the two and not have to throw K3 when I was bagging Kaxe.

What's the issue with the stability of the Kaxe? I'm out of the loop because I've stuck with throwing the first runs this whole time, which are perfect to me.

I think they are great, especially the earlier ones. Aside from an occasional oddball run (2021 glow maybe) they have just gotten less and less stable. I had some Hybrid (softish K1) and reg K1 KaxeZ that were more stable than some recent runs of Kaxe...

If you are sticking with legit first runs (mint ones), I assume you are aware of their value? Even 2nd runs (Big K stamps) are fetching $100+ new, and $50+ inked and abused...

Yeah, I'm aware that I'm somehow out on the course tossing plastic worth a grand, lol, but I was a big proponent of these discs from day one so I'm not gonna stop now. I haven't liked the release on the K3 as much as I thought, so never really drifted away from the FR, though I have a few glow stashed away that I haven't used yet.

I don't know what I think about a "new" version of the Kaxe, but I guess if the rest of the runs have been all over the place, then that makes sense. I'll just be holding onto the remaining 4-5 FR I have with a death grip, lol.

Yeah, I'm aware that I'm somehow out on the course tossing plastic worth a grand, lol, but I was a big proponent of these discs from day one so I'm not gonna stop now. I haven't liked the release on the K3 as much as I thought, so never really drifted away from the FR, though I have a few glow stashed away that I haven't used yet.

I don't know what I think about a "new" version of the Kaxe, but I guess if the rest of the runs have been all over the place, then that makes sense. I'll just be holding onto the remaining 4-5 FR I have with a death grip, lol.

Its been one of the more consistent discs, but trended a little less and less stable as time went on. Not a mold I imagined would be changed, unless something happened to the old one or lat64s machines needed something changed?

I was lucky enough to try all the first runs through the Gote, never held on to too many cause I preferred yellow or pink... Oh well. I don't even try with the newer stuff, I don't need to keyboard race or buy with markup. I can wait till later runs. Strangely enough I was nearly all kasta in 2019 and now even the berg is booted.

Grym X

Time to talk about the Grym X a bit. I had thrown the regular Grym before, but not the X... until today.

Grym X is K1 glow plastic. Good stuff. Slightly gummy, grippy, and shiny. Not very domey, but not flat either. Unknown weight, but feels over 170g.

The Grym and Grym X don't seem very similar to me. The regular Grym is flippy, and seems a speed slower than the X.

From the first throw I found the Grym X to be a great driver. It reminds me of a broken in Destroyer with a slightly slimmer profile. Thrown hard hyzer it would pop up and drift right a little before fading out late. The Grym X is a little more understable than the numbers indicate. I was able to make it turn without much trouble, and it'll flip entirely if you murder it with a flat release.

Top distance was 450'ish. The Grym X will easily keep up with most other drivers. It cuts through the air effectively, and flies a beautiful S curve.

Grym X is listed at 12, 5, -1, 3. I'd say it's more like 12, 5, -1.5, 3. IMO it turns easier than a Destroyer. It's not quite Enigma understable, but it's close.

Grym: 11, 5, -3, 2
Grym X: 12, 5, -1.5, 3.

Grym X is just better, plain and simple. It's faster, gets downrange better, and is far less prone to flipping.

I'd recommend the Grym X to anyone looking for a mellow Destroyer flight. Head to head it's every bit as long and fast as a Destroyer, just with a bit more turn. I liked the Grym X more than I expected to, after disliking the regular Grym.

Last edited:
old dude with a 350 ft arm review of the 1st run Stig close to sea level +-400 ft

threw it with a neutron crave and star hawkeye(fd - 7 speed)

I'd say its a 5.5/4.5/2/0, IMO its a bit slower that listed and not as glidey, I think those 2 helps it from being too understable like a Svea. The flight is a light turn right with a bit of hyzer with no fight back. I'd say its about like a MInt lobster or a wombat3. Im gonna get some more throws with those two to compare flights.

I threw them with the crave and hawkeye because are very glidey for me and i wanted to test glide and thats what i based my rating on. the hawkeye/fd lists 6 and has the full 6 easily. The crave is also known as a very glidey almost driver like 6 speed, the Stig is clearly not shaped like the crave. It feels like a mid to me and clearly the fd and crave are closer to fairway drivers.

I guess i was hoping for a bit more and not to have to pay 32$ for it, but its a serviceable disc, nothing spectacular and i think it will be interesting to see how its stacks up to a star & champ wombat3 and Mint disc lobster. From my initial throws it probably is closer to the lobster and about 1 tick more stable than the wombat3.

I'd be interested in a comparison between Stig and Polaris in feel and behaviour.

I used to throw an MPLS until it warped on a tree hit and became silly flippy. If the Stig is anything like a new or moderately played MPLS in premium plastic I can imagine it'd make for a great first driver.

My buddy has a Krut and it's a little less stable than the numbers. It bombs though.

Jus wondering HIW hard the new K1 Hard will be. . .the normal K1 is quite soft and the K1 soft is very soft

My daughter got me a Rask for Father's Day (it was her favorite color).

I threw one when it first came out and seem to remember more room between the inner rim and the internal rim.

I can barely fit my fingers in between with FH or BH.

Jus wondering HIW hard the new K1 Hard will be. . .the normal K1 is quite soft and the K1 soft is very soft

Was down at my local disc shop today and got to compare a regular K1 Krut with the K1 Hard one and it felt a little bit stiffer than regular K1. If I hadn't had two discs of the same mold side by side to compare I don't think I would've been able to tell the difference, it still has that good, grippy K1 feel to it. It's more like K1 Firm than K1 Hard. Also had my hands on a K1 Soft Järn, it felt great, really bendy as would be expected. I hope it's a little less dumpy than the regular K1 Järn.