• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

jmdaire27 ITB 2018

This is how I felt about the envy as well. I was super excited to try it as it sounded right up my alley, as I throw lots of forehands and backhands.

I was very disappointed when I actually threw it. It seemed like I could throw every shot it covers with my wizards/judges or harps/zones. It also seemed fast for a putter, which is why I stopped bagging the Pure. Too fast for short throws at times.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, it's a spectacular mold. It's just quite niche! I could see a minimalist who doesn't throw mids bagging Envies. Say Envy/Teebird/FB/Destroyer. But it could be a difficult squeeze in standard bags.

Two rounds today for the LSO, one more tomorrow. Playing MA2, 25 in the pool. Was back one stroke after round one (16 hole course, +1). I'm up 7 after second round (22 hole course, -3). I'm currently 911 rated. Played very well my second round. Consistent. Fun.

4 Trespasses (3 Fuz, 1 Luc)
2 Machetes (both Z)
4 Undertakers (1 ESP, 3 Z)
5 Truths (all Lucid, 1 EMac)
2 Zones (both ESP, 1 Puddle)
4 Judges (3 Prime, 1 Lucid)

It rained a lot. Was drenched by the end. Cleared up for our last ~5 holes, though.

Same bag for last round. Started slow... gave up a few strokes but finished strong, finishing with the same 7 stroke lead. Shot a 55 (par 56, 17 holes as one was omitted cuz the weather). First big win, although it is technically my second win. I believe this may be my last tourney as an MA2, but we will see. I'm hoping for a big jump in rating since all three rounds were pretty good.

Picked up a tourney stamped color glow (teal) rhyno, max weight in players pack. I won't throw it. It may make it to the MP, but if you are an adoring fan and want first dibs, let me know. PP, but Looking for another lucid judge, also.

Last edited:
Same bag for last round. Started slow... gave up a few strokes but finished strong, finishing with the same 7 stroke lead. Shot a 55 (par 56, 17 holes as one was omitted cuz the weather). First big win, although it is technically my second win. I believe this may be my last tourney as an MA2, but we will see. I'm hoping for a big jump in rating since all three rounds were pretty good.

Picked up a tourney stamped color glow (teal) rhyno, max weight in players pack. I won't throw it. It may make it to the MP, but if you are an adoring fan and want first dibs, let me know. PP, but Looking for another lucid judge, also.
I'm thinking about playing the LSO next year

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about playing the LSO next year

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Don't just think about it, do it!

It's a very fun event. I missed last year, and wish I could have made it work.

Although it's no fault of the tournament, the passed two years have been plagued with rainy weekends. Last years, I hear, was worse than this year. We got rained on pretty good Saturday, but it was manageable. Sunday was very nice, though! Regardless, everyone has a great time!

The courses at Mont Du are top notch, and now there are three that all compliment each other so well! I would recommend it, for sure. So, see you next year ;)

Averaged 960 golf this weekend (953, 964, 964). Wish I could maintain that kind of consistency! Anywho...

Really going to embrace the 6 mold set up I've established. Having played in pretty bad conditions in three courses that required a lot of different shots, I feel confident with what I've got!...

z7Hfa5Tl.jpg

.. and I have a few backups

Same bag. Played Lincoln Park and aced hole 9! Third ace, first in a couple years.

Blind hole, so a buddy was spotting. Heard chains as I was walking off the box, and him shout "ace!" It's a shorty I hit with a Zone backhand.

Spirit Mtn tonight. Played well, shot my best there at 52 (idk par, but there's one legit par 4, so we will say 55).

4 Trespasses (1 Lucid, 3 Fuzion)
2 Machetes (2 Z)
4 Truths (Lucids, 2 PrEmacs, 1 EMac, 1 NoMac)
2 Zones (2 ESP)
3 Judges (1 Lucid, 2 Prime)
And a Mika!

Playing my best golf ever right now. Hitting putts, lines FH and BH. I gotta get another tourney in soon

Spirit Mtn tonight. Played well, shot my best there at 52 (idk par, but there's one legit par 4, so we will say 55).

4 Trespasses (1 Lucid, 3 Fuzion)
2 Machetes (2 Z)
4 Truths (Lucids, 2 PrEmacs, 1 EMac, 1 NoMac)
2 Zones (2 ESP)
3 Judges (1 Lucid, 2 Prime)
And a Mika!

Playing my best golf ever right now. Hitting putts, lines FH and BH. I gotta get another tourney in soon

That's a good round at Spirit! Keep it up!

Mika and I played through Hidden Meadows (mont du) twice through this afternoon. Fun course (same one played first round at the LSO). First time through was a bit rough, shot a 53. Pars 50. Second round I didn't feel like I was playing much better but shot a 48. I'll take it.

Took the C out, so..

3 Trespasses (Lucid, 2 Fuzion)
2 Machetes (2 Z)
4 Undertakers (ESP, 3 Z)
3 Truths (EMac, PrEMac, Lucid)
2 Zones (2 ESP)
3 Judges (Lucid, 2 Prime)

Well, first time I missed having a) Verdict and b) Envy... played league at a shorter course. Did not shoot well. Lots of OB. May try adding some discs back in... bah.. idk.

So, I bagged the Envy and the Verdict for leagues yesterday and both did me well. Parked the Verdict for the CTP, and ended up taking first last night. I find it silly I wasn't bagging at least one of each of them... I guess it isn't noticeable on longer courses. Either way, heres what I threw (although I bagged more)

Trespass - Lucid - getting a little flippy..
Undertaker - FRZ - good HSS, for hyzers
Undertaker - FRZ - super flat, and pretty OS, bigger hyzers
Truth - PrEMac - workhorse on the short course
Verdict - Lucid - Short hyzers
Envy - Neutron - short off the tee shots
Judge - Prime - putts, did ok

Been playing some ski-hill golf (Spt Mtn, Eagles Peak) lately to prep for next event, King of the North at giants ridge. Looks like:

Trespass (a few for D)
Enforcer (one for big downs, flexes)
Undertaker (a few cuz they're awesome)
Stal (a couple for overstable FWs)
Roadrunner (in case...)
Truth (a few, old and new, cuz workhorse)
Verdict (one for OS Truth)
Zone (one or two, ups)
Judge (a few, do it all Putter)

I'm digging the set up. Just got a Lucid-X Trespass. Gunna be scared to throw it for a while... but it'll work.

Feel like I haven't played an event in forever... bah!

Idk how often this thread gets perused, but I offer a question: how many color 'snobs' are out there?

Do you like all one color? Refuse to bag only a [few] certain color(s)?

Do you like to have a rainbow? Mids are one color, drivers another, putters another?

You don't care what the color is, as long as you like the disc?

Just curious... could be Poll worthy, no?

I currently only bag 'colorful' discs, i.e. no whites, blacks, greys. I don't much like green. So, my bag is lots of orange, red, pink, blue.

Cheers

Idk how often this thread gets perused, but I offer a question: how many color 'snobs' are out there?

Do you like all one color? Refuse to bag only a [few] certain color(s)?

Do you like to have a rainbow? Mids are one color, drivers another, putters another?

You don't care what the color is, as long as you like the disc?

Just curious... could be Poll worthy, no?

I currently only bag 'colorful' discs, i.e. no whites, blacks, greys. I don't much like green. So, my bag is lots of orange, red, pink, blue.

Cheers

In most cases, I feel like color doesn't bug me. My least favorite disc colors are purple and orange and I am willing to throw both of those. White is generally my favorite color for base plastic and star, but its not a sticking point.

I found a couple green GStar Sidewinders that I like and I bought a stack in the same color. Everyone I play with hates looking for them. Ditto for my JK Valkyrie that is the color of dead leaves. I've had people threaten to steal it and dye it for me.

KIng of the North at Giants Ridge is this weekend. Playing in MA1. Pretty excited. Hope my putting can come back to form. My mechanics have been off lately but I've been trying to rest some muscle soreness...

Gunna go back to the 6 mold bag. I don't throw anything beside my core bag anyway... and Zones occasionally. So:

Trespass - Lucids(X), Fuzions
Machete - Zs
Undertaker - (FR)Zs, ESPs
Truth - (Pr)EMacs, Lucids
Zone - ESPs
Judge - Lucid, Primes

I like the simplicity, and should cover all I need. Especially in an open course.

IDecided against the minimal bag for the two day KotN. Happy I did, too, especially for Sunday as the wind was howlin.

Shot... ok for the tourney. A 74 and 71, par 69, 21 hole layout. Unofficially averaged about 930. Maybe more representative of where I should be, opposed to the 934 I am now. Upper MA2/middle MA1.

Finished tied 13th, out of 38 I believe. Not shabby. Not great. Putting was way off Sat, but improved Sun. Bagged:

Trespass (~5, Lucid X, Lucid, Fuzion)- go to
Enforcer (Bio)- FH downhill, hole 18 drive
Undertaker (FRZ, Z)- not too much use
Felon (Lucid, Fuzion)- couple shots
Heat (Z)- uphill stand still
Truth (Lucids)- couple woods holes, smart
Verdict (Lucid)- downhill
Zone (ESP)- upshots
Judge (Lucid, Primes)- putting....

Threw a fresh trespass and got a little more flip than I wanted. Considering options for a contender against it for main DD. Got a Lucid Defender in the Mail, but that'll be OS.

*I request some thoughts!*

Played in the 2018 MN State Tourney. It was at bethel university, a course I really enjoy. They crammed 100 people into a 20 hole (18 +2 temps) layout... so 5 on each hole. Both rounds took loooooong. Anywho, bagged similar as before:

4 Trespass (L-X, L, 2F)
1 Enforcer (B)
3 Undertaker (2Z, E)
Stal (2K1)
1 Heat (Z)
4 Truth (4L)
1 Verdict (L)
1 Zone (E)
3 Judge (L, 2P)

Couple things from the tourney:
- I wish I had more consistent distance. I feel like more form is decent, but not getting the D I want..
- Simplified my putting stroke this event and it helped a lot. Semi-straddle. Less moving pieces.
- My distance FH isn't bad. Maybe just clean up form a little bit, eliminate errors.
* Bagged the stal > Felon this time, but that's a bit of a revolving door, atm. May change back. Thoughts?
* Been debating swapping out dist drivers for something faster (maybe Defender/Crank vs the current Enforcer/Trespass). Picked up a couple of each with the funny money. Idk. Thoughts?
* Kind of want a more comfortable throwing putter (not as deep feeling as the L Judge). Leaning kinda towards Proxy or Pure, but both are pretty quick. Thoughts?

I finished 7th/24. Not shabby. Not great. Averaged (unofficial) 935.5 golf. ~my wheelhouse, I believe. Scramble game was either real bad, or awesome. I gotta learn to just take my medicine and get take a 4...

No more events for the year. 5/year seems like a good number. I like playing the bigger As/Bs too. I think when both of these last events get factored into my rating I'll still be in the mid 930s. I like that. Good place to end the year.

Here are my thoughts on your predicaments:

1) Go Felon - Easily replaceable. Although I personally prefer the xxx and ahti as they are more overstable.

2) I love the D1/D2 combo. I know a lot of ppl dont like prodigy, but I have loved their distance drivers. The D1 is very consistent and flies like a force or xcaliber. The D2 is the closest thing to the old destroyers that actually flew -1 turn and 3 fade. Not to mention, the plastic is amazing.

3) I threw the pure as my throwing putter for years and grabbed an envy to pair with it. They both feel amazing in the hand being shallower putters. Both are amazing flyers as well. The problem lies in the fact that they are very fast. I found they overlap too much with mids. I have used the fossil wizard and recently the lucid judge as my throwing putters, and really enjoy both molds. They don't overlap as much as the pure/envy. I also like carrying the judge, as I putt it as well. Good familiar feel.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts