• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Reko

Has anyone heard when or if Kastaplast is going to be making and releasing more Reko's? They are mostly out of stock everywhere and I want to load up on some next time they get a batch of white K3's. Best feeling putter in my hand of all time!

Discsport restocked today or yesterday, they're in Sweden and get frequent restocks of Kastaplast. So I'd at least imagine some were made recently.

Discsport restocked today or yesterday, they're in Sweden and get frequent restocks of Kastaplast. So I'd at least imagine some were made recently.

Sorry, should have been specific, I meant stores in the US. Sorry

Just got two with the new K3 with the new stamp, both had quite terrible flashing
I have a big stack of REKOs in all plastics and they have always felt nice

Wonder if they are making them "to fast" and the Quality control have to suffer

Just got two with the new K3 with the new stamp, both had quite terrible flashing
I have a big stack of REKOs in all plastics and they have always felt nice

Wonder if they are making them "to fast" and the Quality control have to suffer

Your statement made me think that disc manufacturers could start releasing discs in two versions, untrimmed and trimmed, where the untrimmed (straight from the molding machine) version costs a bit less. This saves the manufacturer a step or two in the finishing process, saving time and money. Skip the stamp, and ship them in bulk boxes to retailers for folks that are willing to finish up the trim work themselves.

I don't know if there is a particular step in the manufacturing process that typically gets bottlenecked up, slowing subsequent steps in the process. But, trimming flashing seems like an annoying step that companies might be happy to bypass.

Your statement made me think that disc manufacturers could start releasing discs in two versions, untrimmed and trimmed, where the untrimmed (straight from the molding machine) version costs a bit less. This saves the manufacturer a step or two in the finishing process, saving time and money. Skip the stamp, and ship them in bulk boxes to retailers for folks that are willing to finish up the trim work themselves.

I don't know if there is a particular step in the manufacturing process that typically gets bottlenecked up, slowing subsequent steps in the process. But, trimming flashing seems like an annoying step that companies might be happy to bypass.

I bought a color glow Jen Allen Sig Teebird and it was only trimmed about 3/4ths of the disc. It's horrendous and I think I should contact the Proshop and see what they do. Usually if the flashing is just on the bottom and outer edge it's fine with me but this is so bad I can't really do it by hand with a razor blade. I'll have to sand it down and try and match the rest. The part they missed is a significant portion that'll take probably 20 minutes to fix.

As far as the Reko, do people like these for putting. I had a K1 for throwing and it was decent until I lost it. What does it compare to putting wise?

I bought a color glow Jen Allen Sig Teebird and it was only trimmed about 3/4ths of the disc. It's horrendous and I think I should contact the Proshop and see what they do. Usually if the flashing is just on the bottom and outer edge it's fine with me but this is so bad I can't really do it by hand with a razor blade. I'll have to sand it down and try and match the rest. The part they missed is a significant portion that'll take probably 20 minutes to fix.

Innova will probably tell you that they have a guy with a super sharp knife trimming them all evening following his day job of shucking oysters. ;)

If the average joe wants to do a decent job of trimming without unwanted wear and tear, it will probably require a good deal of elbow grease to sand the flashing from that Champion plastic disc, as you already are anticipating.

Innova will probably tell you that they have a guy with a super sharp knife trimming them all evening following his day job of shucking oysters. ;)

If the average joe wants to do a decent job of trimming without unwanted wear and tear, it will probably require a good deal of elbow grease to sand the flashing from that Champion plastic disc, as you already are anticipating.

I'm sure they have some machine setup, but whoever did it did it poorly missing a good portion. Not just normal flashing either it's the outer lower edge of the outer wing. It's probably the worst flashing I've had on a Innova disc too and I've bought hundreds. So it is really poor. Not what I'd expect either for a 20 dollar disc.

As far as the Reko, do people like these for putting. I had a K1 for throwing and it was decent until I lost it. What does it compare to putting wise?

Reko's don't really have a comparable disc. They are without equal! :D Best Putter ever!

I use them mostly for putting, as they get a little too flippy when thrown with 70-90% power in the K3 plastic. But if you use it for softer shorter approach shots, then it's really nice. They also work amazing for soft little approach FH's. Comes out of the hand super clean.

They are crazy straight and have a soft landing. Perfect amount of glide. It gets to the basket and usually doesn't take off or glide too much. But that's just for the K3 plastic, which is a base plastic that feels very similar to the new Discmania Exo Soft. It's got a soft velvet like feel to the plastic, and is not too soft or too hard. I love it!

I'd imagine a Reko in the K1 or K2 plastic is a little more stable and not prone to flipping over as much on harder throws? But not sure as I don't have any in those plastics yet.

The only putter I've tried or felt in my hand that is even close to a Reko is the new Discmania Link. But the Reko really doesn't have a bead (even though it says it does). It must be a micro bead or something because I can't even feel it. BEST feeling putter in my hand ever! Nothing compares.

And it just comes out of your hand more perfect than any other putter I've tried or used. I remember when I got my first K3 and was warming up with it, and just marveling at how amazing it felt, how easy it came out of my hand, and how many putts I was making with it! It has less wobble and comes out much flatter with more spin and stability than any putter I've used. I was a horrible putter before I got my Reko's, now, I'm getting better each month with them. Can't recommend them as a putter enough.

Reko's don't really have a comparable disc. They are without equal! :D Best Putter ever!

I use them mostly for putting, as they get a little too flippy when thrown with 70-90% power in the K3 plastic. But if you use it for softer shorter approach shots, then it's really nice. They also work amazing for soft little approach FH's. Comes out of the hand super clean.

They are crazy straight and have a soft landing. Perfect amount of glide. It gets to the basket and usually doesn't take off or glide too much. But that's just for the K3 plastic, which is a base plastic that feels very similar to the new Discmania Exo Soft. It's got a soft velvet like feel to the plastic, and is not too soft or too hard. I love it!

I'd imagine a Reko in the K1 or K2 plastic is a little more stable and not prone to flipping over as much on harder throws? But not sure as I don't have any in those plastics yet.

The only putter I've tried or felt in my hand that is even close to a Reko is the new Discmania Link. But the Reko really doesn't have a bead (even though it says it does). It must be a micro bead or something because I can't even feel it. BEST feeling putter in my hand ever! Nothing compares.

And it just comes out of your hand more perfect than any other putter I've tried or used. I remember when I got my first K3 and was warming up with it, and just marveling at how amazing it felt, how easy it came out of my hand, and how many putts I was making with it! It has less wobble and comes out much flatter with more spin and stability than any putter I've used. I was a horrible putter before I got my Reko's, now, I'm getting better each month with them. Can't recommend them as a putter enough.

I'll have to pick one up. Yes the K1 Reko for throwing was nice. It was maybe closest to a Prodiscus Jokeri in flight. Stable and a mild fade, not much glide but more then some.

I would rate the K1 Reko at 3/3/0/1.5

Biggest difference between k1 and k3 reko is that the k3 has a puddle top while the k1 ranges from flat to a mild dome.

Biggest difference between k1 and k3 reko is that the k3 has a puddle top while the k1 ranges from flat to a mild dome.

Hmmm, interesting. Neither of my K3's have a puddle top. Just dead flat. Wonder if that changes from production run to production run?

Hmmm, interesting. Neither of my K3's have a puddle top. Just dead flat. Wonder if that changes from production run to production run?

Interesting. I have 3 K3 Rekos and they all have concave domes. Puddle top was an exaggeration, but mine are definitely concave. I 100% notice a flight difference based on the concave dome vs the flat K1 dome.

My first K1 Reko had a decent dome and I did not like throwing it at all, which was strange since I putt with K3 Rekos and love throwing them as well. Eventually picked up another in K1 that was puddle topped and absolutely loved it; still my favorite disc in my bag. Not only will the flight of a domey Reko be different, but the dome throws the whole feel/grip off IMO; puddle topped Rekos fit perfectly in my grip with Opto Pures a close second and domed K1 Rekos just feel too deep. The only time I've ever come across domed Rekos has been with K1, but I'd imagine that any domed K3s that ever make it out of the factory would probably work better for those who've said they don't like push putting with the Reko. The puddle top/shallowness definitely favors a spin/spush putt.

Been waiting for the K3 hard ever since the hard Berg came out. Hope they do Kaxe Z and Kaxe as well in K3 hard.

Available where? Any place in particular, or just check my "favorite online retailer" on Thursday???

Excellent question. FB just says release date. I'm not overly savvy with this stuff. ParPlastics (US Katsta retailer) is in my town, so I'm just gunna hit them up. I believe it is a wide spread drop, so I imagine "your favorite retailer" should have them also.

Getting two pairs tomorrow. It's kind of a mixed feeling, as I've been doing just fine with Judges for the last, oh idk, 5-6 years…. So the switch wouldn't exactly be warranted. But I've been tinkering with more of a spin putt, and something a little more shallow could benefit from that (almost pulled the trigger on some Maidens a while back).

Maybe they'll be throwers, too, though I tend to only throw premium plastic, even in putters. Shrugs. We will see where this takes us.