• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

KC for a week

osborne

Par Member
Gonna be in KC for a week taking training. Anyone want to show me around? should be available after 5 each day to play. I may just jump on a bunch of leagues but im not sure where I am in relation to those courses.

Go to Oklahoma Joes!! It's an amazing BBQ place, and it has tons of discs for sale! It's on the Missouri side of KC, though!

Ok joes is a waste of time. Who wants to wait in line for an hour+ for mediocre bbq. Arthur bryants or gates all the way. I would say rosedale down under if you want a fun quick memorable round or water works if you want to play a local and pro favorite.

Forget OK Joes ... just go straight to Gates or Jack Stack (the latter is now the most highly rated BBQ in KC). Make sure to hit Rosedale and Waterworks.

Gonna be in KC for a week taking training. Anyone want to show me around? should be available after 5 each day to play. I may just jump on a bunch of leagues but im not sure where I am in relation to those courses.

Sounds like fun. Try not to throw yourself silly.

If you want old school BBQ go to Bryant's. Meat is cut right there at the counter, slapped on a plate and slid on tray to the register. At either Bryant's or Gates be ready to order or they'll move right past you to the next person in line. If you want more "modern" sit down style Jack Stack's, which used to be known as Smoke Stack, is it. I worked at the original Smoke Stack in Martin City, MO in High School and I think it's still the best one. In all honesty, having grown up in KC and moved away any BBQ place there is better than almost anywhere else.

Oh yeah courses, Waterworks and Blue Vally are musts. Swope Park is good but play there in the daylight. If you have time up in Smithville, MO is complex of 3 courses in the same area. Just opened last year. Very good courses. I like Wilbur Young in Blue Springs as well.

KC Suggestions

My son and I spent this past weekend in Kansas City. We played the Water Works course Monday morning before heading back to Minneapolis. Water Works Park, Jack Stack BBQ and Boulevard Bully Porter are all must trys!

Attachments

• WaterWorks Disc Golf_2[3].jpg
    WaterWorks Disc Golf_2[3].jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Come out to one of the many leagues! Water Works, Swope and Rosedale have the highest turn out. Don't forget to visit Disc Golf World and Dynamic Discs for some primo plastic.

And for OK Joes, just call in your order on the 15th hole and get a Z-Man to go. Bam!

leagues-2013-500.png

Arthur Bryant's? Blech. Ate at the one out at Ameristar once and had the nastiest pork sandwich ever.

OK Joe's burnt ends FTW.

So the week in Kansas City (to clear up any confusion) was pretty stellar. hit up 3 league nights and went to both DD and disc golf world. Got in water works league, swope league and rosedale league. No BBQ (no time by the time leagues ended I needed quick food so I could hit the sack) but still had fun. Just wish my bag had included some windfighters. None of my truly overstable stuff made it in the travel bag and the scores showed it. Best score of the weekend was a 59 at waterworks.

Latest posts