• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 field comparison

n8director

Recently picked up a 167 Gold Line Fuse to be a turnover disc, to complement the buzzz (straight), and Wasp (stable) already in the bag. Threw the Fuse and it's perfect in that role. Peaked my curiosity and picked up some more Lat 64 plastic. Took it out to the football field in the park behind my home.

For some context: I play doubles twice a week, and play advanced am in tournaments current rating is about 930-935. Throw strong, but not "Big Arm" strong. Here's what played out on the field, with little if any wind:

167 g Gold Line Flow-More stable and a little slower than I expected based on the ratings. No turn, then pronounced fade when thrown hard and flat. Kind of like a slow destroyer maybe.

168 g Gold Line River-Speed, turn and fade seem pretty consistent with the ratings for the disc. Possibly a bit more stable than rated. Nice glide, nice disc.

167 Gold Line Fuse-Thrown flat, steady turn and holds it at end. Thrown hyzer, flips flat on holds a line like on a rope-little to no fade at end. 300 feet with glide that's fun to watch. This stays in the bag!

170 Opto Line Fuse-Predictably, a little more stable and slower than the Gold Line.

168g Bolt with 2011 PDGA Pro World stamp- WOW! Throws like a Fast Beast. 350 feet throwing from the grass-that's stepped off and not inflated. For such a wide rim, comfortable to throw. Thrown Flat and hard, it turns but comes back predictably at the end. I threw it hard anny, it held it for a long time, then fought back at the end. Seems less touchy than my Vulcan and may replace it. Flight rating seem spot on.

Hope this helps. Apologize if it's repetitive.

Very cool. Thanks for the new Lat fan input. Some of us old converts may be a bit biased.

hey - could you take a pic of your GL Flow? or a description of its color and swirliness would be just as good. Your flow sounds abnormally stable for a GL, and I want one (or send me a pm if you'd like to sell or trade :))

hey - could you take a pic of your GL Flow? or a description of its color and swirliness would be just as good. Your flow sounds abnormally stable for a GL, and I want one (or send me a pm if you'd like to sell or trade :))

Sounds like it's a brand new one with flashing still on it. ;)