• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] LAT64 disillusionment

I'm wanting to try more Lat 64 (I LOVE my Sinus), so I guess I"m hoping more people revert and put their sweet Lat plastic up in the marketplace ;)

I get really pissed looking for Rivers or any Lat64 disc in the low 160s, and sometimes even the just under 170. Thats fine for my Fuses I still carry but has kept me from flirting with going back to Rivers or trying a Vision.

Loved the Fuse. Problem was after I lost them already had a box of X comets and too cheap to buy another. :) Which I think has way more to do with quality, or even color. Just my bag is simple and no way i'll ever give up Destoyers, Teebirds, TL's, etc just because I've thrown over and over again and have them beat to differant stabilities. Love Lattitude plastic it feels exceptional and have not one bad thing to say about it.

Although
I have "reverted" lately to some westsides :)

Me too! The Westside discs are pushing some of the Lat 64 discs out of the bag. The Tourney plastic Sword is sooooooo sweet. Easy straight ahead distance with the Northman too.

Yeah +1 for the Sword
that is one slot that lat doesn't have covered.
Striker is similar...but has a tad more hs turn

Guy on my card had a Opto and a Gold Line Flow I think it was. The disc looked like a muffin top. The top was very domey, while his gold line was very flat? Anyone tell me anything on that as the differance was very, very dramatic between the two!

I don't know of many people that throw Lat64 in my area, but I do know one person that has a full Lat bag. I have only bought 4 Lat discs, and they are all in my bag. I bought a XXX to be my utility disc, a pair of Flows (one each opto and GL) to be my max distance discs, and a fuse for understable mid duties.

I don't see myself ever letting any of these go. Actually, to be honest, no disc in my bag has changed in almost a year except the fuse replacing an element.

Flat = less stable for most of L64's high speeds
Domey = more stable

I don't see why you can't dye them if they are hard to find. And I have seen some "autumn" colors on the Lat 64 rack, but I've also seen yellow, orange, pink, and white. It's not Lat's fault that you chose to buy a color that blends in with your course. I've seen plenty of green Innova and Discraft in stores. Not easy finding that in a field with tall grass on a bright day.

Guy on my card had a Opto and a Gold Line Flow I think it was. The disc looked like a muffin top. The top was very domey, while his gold line was very flat? Anyone tell me anything on that as the differance was very, very dramatic between the two!
My opto is really domey and my GL is flatter (has a shoulder, but nothing above that) as well. I think that is just the way the Flows come. It makes the flights different and it is nice to have both.

Flat = less stable for most of L64's high speeds
Domey = more stable

That is the difference I see from my Flows^

The colors tend to be dull and not really bright. So even the pink is understated and tough to find.
I didn't start the thread to criticize lat64 or to bash it. I've just noticed that after giving the discs a long term tryout many have taken them out of the bag.

I've collected quite a few Lat64 discs now and I do agree with the color point, yellow, orange, gold, bronze and color shift red are very difficult to spot in the fall and other times. And yes I can be blamed for getting those colors but I don't have a brik and mortar store near me that carries Latitude, so I'm left searching online shops.

My selection is limited and then I don't know if I'm going to be getting a domey, flat, pop-top, etc version. So if I end up with a GL River with a dome I like and in the right weight, Murphy's law says it'll be in a fall camouflage color.

Though now that I know what I want in these certain discs, I'm hoping to hit some of the bigger tourneys and find better colors in the flymarts or talk to a few of the online shops that I know will send me what I'm looking for.

Also from the "Latitude with attitude" thread, it looks like they are expanding their color line which should help.

The colors tend to be dull and not really bright. So even the pink is understated and tough to find.
I didn't start the thread to criticize lat64 or to bash it. I've just noticed that after giving the discs a long term tryout many have taken them out of the bag.

So to summarize:
Your thread tiled "LAT64 disillusionment" saying that you removed an entire brand due to color (or lack thereof) and for having too much glide, and in which you also imply your actions are a trend amongst "many" others, is somehow a 'non bashing', objective, informed observation of how things are?

L64 has been making opto discs brighter since Pain and Havoc were released (January) so that IS a legit issue. But in a quarter the time it took to conceive this thread you coulda dropped the offending optos in rit...especially if that was your main issue.

In spite of my overt man-crush on L64, I have zero problems with ANYONE else not liking them...but Arby's has thicker beef than your petty complaints.

FWIW
L64 is currently moving to a larger facility and increasing their output to keep up with the "many" people who are buying (and apparently shelving) all their plastic.

I have had the Vision in my bag since they released the gold line plastic. I had to order mine online because that was the only place people could get them. We now have a disc shop here in town and their Lat64 stuff floats off of the shelves. I didn't care for alot of the opto stuff due to color but recently picked up a Vision that has more pink in it so I can see it. It hasn't been thrown yet and sits in my backup bin. I did compare parting line and dome to my gl's before buying though.

Lat 64 dominates my main bag. Westside and Vibram round it out. Unless someone comes along with plastic as good as Lat 64/Westside or rubber like Vibram, I don't see that changing any time soon.

I was pretty late to the Lat 64 party. I gave the Opto River a fair chance about a month ago. It didnt take long to find a spot in the bag. I am not a power thrower so the extra glide has streched out my drives. I found the River to be easy to control. I added a Striker as a compliment to the River for when the wind picks up it has almost the same amount of glide so its an easy transition between the two. I have not had any problems finding the discs becouse of the colors but time will tell. As far as mold consistancy out of the 5 Rivers and 4 Strikers I own they all fly pretty close to each other. I have on River that is different from the rest its less stable than the rest and I use it for anhyzers and turnover shots. Like I said I am not a power thrower and dont carry a true distance driver so these two fit the bill for me. I just cant think of pulling these out of the bag unless its a disc that is clearly a step up.

Latest posts