• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 pro and phenix core?

Nice. Does the putter pocket attach on the bottom as well? I'm specifically looking for something that I can reach around and snag a putter out w/o taking the bag off for those gimme putts in a casual round.

it has a third clip on the bottom, if that's what you're asking. because when it's clipped on the front, you attach it on the top corners, and one in the center of the bottom. but, on the sides of the bag, there is no clip on the bottom to clip in to :\

stupid micro card reader doesn't want to work now :mad:

it has a third clip on the bottom, if that's what you're asking. because when it's clipped on the front, you attach it on the top corners, and one in the center of the bottom. but, on the sides of the bag, there is no clip on the bottom to clip in to :\

stupid micro card reader doesn't want to work now :mad:

Yeah, that's exactly what I was asking. Hmm, I wonder how easy it would be to mod a clip onto the bottom for it.

you could probably ask phenix to do it (if you're getting the x-liner). because the clip that is for the bottom of it, is actually UNDER the x-liner.

but, if you're not getting the liner, you can fashion one for sure.

Yeah, good call. I'm sure the X-liner is worth it, but I wonder if it's not durable enough w/o it.

i've personally never seen a Phenix bag without the liner. that's like their signature. the bags are pretty heavy until you pair them with some nice quad shocks. then you can barely tell you're wearing it.

Wait, are you saying you can't use Quads w/o the liner? I'm confused.

no, i'm saying the liner will add over a pound of weight. so the people who use shoulder straps and not quads are always saying "this bag is heavy!" to which i say, "...it's a phenix bag, get some phenix straps."

the bag feels WAY lighter when you're wearing it

I think he is simply referring to the fact that the liner adds a full pound to the bag. Fully loaded, it is really heavy without quads.

exactly. this bag is beefy; built to last. thus, it's pretty heavy*

*'pretty heavy' meaning heavier than your FADE bag for sure

Right, I got you. Now if I can get Craftsman to make a pitch for the Lat. 64 bag I'll be set. ;)

the lat bag will be cheaper, that's for sure.

with all the bells and whistles*, my bag totaled over $225. but i got it VERY lightly used for $125 :D

*x-liner - $40, quad straps - $35, putter pouch/rain pouch - $35(?), bag - $110

Yeah, if I go for the Phenix, I'm going the custom bag route sans x-liner so that I can be FABULOUS!

my cousin has a custom colored "core" bag. it's pretty sweet. he did orange/tan/black i believe. it's sweet looking.

you should totally get a rainbow one

Latest posts