• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

Bringin' this thread back. Has anybody ever flat-topped a river? My 170 GL is really domey and kinda overstable. I want to make it a hyzer-flip machine, but it's kind of unpredictable when it chooses to flip up.

I've seen alot of comments about most rivers are Domey which they are, but I have a flat " lava " River that is understable that flies soooooooo straight its nasty! My flat River flies almost like a test run river, but with more distance.

Bringin' this thread back. Has anybody ever flat-topped a river? My 170 GL is really domey and kinda overstable. I want to make it a hyzer-flip machine, but it's kind of unpredictable when it chooses to flip up.

Yes. I have.

I had an Opto 171 that I flattened to be more like my 165 GL. Sucker developed immediate turn and flies much more like a lighter GL than it used to. Still has strong fade at the end, but definitely more turn.

I've never tried to flat-top a GL. All the ones I've owned have been flat to start.

There was a run of flat GL rivers. The 2 pearly whites I have are super flat and flip up and turn right from a slight hyzer. I also had a couple of redshifts that were flat as well. They seem to be a softer blend of GL as well which may account for them molding up flat.

My favorite Rivers are the moderately domed older run opaque pink optos. Nice s curve flight that finishes straight.

I have a pearly White 172 GL River. It's really straight with some fade I use it more like a longer mid, for long and glidy touch shoots where my mids can't reach, sort of like a longer Fuse.

My favorite Rivers are the moderately domed older run opaque pink optos. Nice s curve flight that finishes straight.

That sounds like mine, but if released flat it just tracks right with no fade, but if released hyzer it just holds the hyzer without flipping up.

might be, but i've spent a lot of time with it and every throw is like that. I focus on form on every throw and it still flies like that. I guess that it really is exactly as advertised 7/7/-2/1. But ill be damned if i can hyzer flip the thing. It does hold amazing anny lines though.

Tossed my River for the first time today. MAN this lil guy is glidey!!!! Used it for three tight holes and pretty much went on the line I was going for. One throw was a wee bit too low but it picked up and scooted right under the basket. From the few throws I would say to me this is like a faster, more glidey skeeter. This is an awesome thing, but maybe it is just me. Excited to try out my saint.

I got reacquainted with my river tonight. I threw every tee shot with it working on shaping lines, and had some really great throws. My issues with not being able hyzer flip it were coming from putting too much hyzer on. It really is a super versatile disc when it's not windy. It feels good to be stoked on this disc again!!

well did an experiment on one of my opto rivers yesterday. Flattened that sucker!! Holy smokes that is what the river should fly like. much less stable and a downwind bomber. Glide was still there. This rover was closer to a tee bird, now its like a valk on steroids!!! Nose down and nice smooth throws were getting me close to 380. For me that is huge. Now the river/saint combo is becoming my go to for all my drives. Don't know where this is going to leave my leopards, but the flatter river is a blast!!!

Haven't figured this disc out at all yet. Someone said it's like a longer Leopard, but my new 168 opto River flies pretty hs stable with hard fade at the end, nothing at all like my DX Leopard, which is understable with little fade.

Might be the DX part of the Leo comparison. My GL River flies like a longer version of my Star Leo.

That is the problem with the Rivers. The original run of Rivers lighter than 170 were very Leopard like, but Rivers over 170, especially in the upper weights like 177, we're very close to TeeBirds. They were a little less HSS, especially if over-powered, but when you hit it right it had the exact same lines, but tremendous glide and distance for that lowered powered.

However, the newer runs of TeeBirds are very hit and miss. I have five Optos of these newer runs. The blue 172 flies pretty close to my older, beloved 177 Gold Lines. However, my Day Glow 175 flies almost identical to my Mambe, just better glide. For a while I thought I was just over throwing this River and that I have out grown this mold. However, I then purchased to yellow Glitter Optos at 177. They are incredibly HSS while maintaining a decent glide for a River, flying almost identical to a TeeBird.

So, basically the new Rivers seem very hit and miss. This, unfortunately, seems to be the same trend that is happening in the Striker line.

Latest posts