• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Left hip pain from lack of follow through

tu-f-o

Double Eagle Member
I'm getting left hip pain after just practicing approaches RHBH.

I guess I wasn't following through on most shots since they were more focused on accuracy than distance.

Do you guys keep both feet planted the entire time if approaching standstill?

Or do you slightly lift up your rear leg

I'm getting left hip pain after just practicing approaches RHBH.

I guess I wasn't following through on most shots since they were more focused on accuracy than distance.

Form review ;-) <3

No. Please don't do that.

Depends on what you mean.

I guess it depends on distance a bit, but I'm struggling to think of where I don't lift the rear leg at least a little. Maybe nose up approaches just outside putting range.

Certainly for anything past 80' I'm getting my weight on my front foot, and my rear is either lifting a bit to come forward or just sort of turning and dangling (like a baseball or golf swing rear side).

Leg comes up even on putts. You can definitely wrench something out of place if your torso rotates without deloading your drive leg.

Second the suggestion to film yourself and put it in the form review thread (after you've recovered, of course).

Upshots.
A form video would help for sure.

But being relaxed and really focusing more on the follow through will help with the accuracy and keeping your shot fluid.

The idea that stopping your arm would improve accuracy is nonsense.
It's driving the kentic chain to the correct point of release. but to do that, you have to think about swinging through the chain, not stopping at the chain finish.