• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs Phenom

I'm not sure I get where this would fit in my lineup. Are people going to drop their Patriots to add this? Honestly I don't see the need for a dedicated "slightly understable" driver in between my fairways and max distance discs. The Patriot is versatile enough that it already kicked this slot out of my bag. Patriots are already sneaky long for a disc in their speed class.

Dang I like the flight, just when I was getting stocked up on Patriots and Bandits. I definitely like to try one.

So whig disc is closer to a Thunderbird? Nemisis or Phenom?

I should have some new stuff to test out soon. So I'll be able to give some better reviews.

Just based on the profile(TL type) it is probably going to be a side-to-side mover. That is what the video showed as well.

The patriot is better suited for holding flat lines and locking into them. The Phenom should want to track, glide out, and fade back. I've heard its longer than a Patriot from some people, but it may just be that the side-to-side distance gives them more potential distance. Won't really know until I get my hands on one. I think its only supposed to be a 7ish speed.

I love legacy, but I have moved on to 150 class discs. Just waiting for legacy to make some of their drivers around 150 so I can start throwing their discs again.

Yep just checked the specs, speed 7. For some reason I was thinking this was speed 9. Makes more sense now.

I should have some new stuff to test out soon. So I'll be able to give some better reviews.

Just based on the profile(TL type) it is probably going to be a side-to-side mover. That is what the video showed as well.

The patriot is better suited for holding flat lines and locking into them. The Phenom should want to track, glide out, and fade back. I've heard its longer than a Patriot from some people, but it may just be that the side-to-side distance gives them more potential distance. Won't really know until I get my hands on one. I think its only supposed to be a 7ish speed.

Yep just checked the specs, speed 7. For some reason I was thinking this was speed 9. Makes more sense now.

So, aside from talk of other discs and in4d's false info, this is what we really know from this thread. Thanks for the good info, guys, it's much appreciated. From the looks of Rico's throws, it looks like it'll flip up from a hyzer fairly easily. I wonder how fresh the ones in the video are?

Thanks for the info zj. You're dead on with the comparison to the Patriot. I hope to play some longer shots with it and compare it to the Patriot and Valk, but it seems to flex out and glide quite easily. Bad form may even make it to flippy for some.

thanks for all the info guys.. sounds like something i will prob hold off on for now.. dont get me wrong id LOVE to throw one but prob save my limited funds for the Nemmy and Protege Ghosties

thanks for all the info guys.. sounds like something i will prob hold off on for now.. dont get me wrong id LOVE to throw one but prob save my limited funds for the Nemmy and Protege Ghosties

Hopefully that's what is being released today!:clap:

Thanks for the info zj. You're dead on with the comparison to the Patriot. I hope to play some longer shots with it and compare it to the Patriot and Valk, but it seems to flex out and glide quite easily. Bad form may even make it to flippy for some.
What plastic did they run these in? It looks like Icon in the videos.

Here are the discs from the player pack. I plan to get profile pics comparing them to Icon and Legend Rival / Patriot. I only have pinnacle versions in my car, though, do I'll have to dig those out!

uploadfromtaptalk1433167359786.jpg

The phenom in the icon looks like the stiff, early versions of the plastic. How did it feel Badger?

Last edited:
^^ its a clozer

Yes sir, Protege Clozer. I was hoping for Hunters...but hey, I got 2 unreleased Phenoms, so who's complaining. :)

The phenom in the icon looks like the stiff, early versions of the plastic. How did it feel Badger?

Nope, not stiff. The red batch from the Christmas mystery packs were much more stiff than this. This has a nicely flexible top with a little flex in the rim when you grip it. I like it...it reminds me a lot of the white Icon Patriots I had from early 2014.

Latest posts