• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lightening a disc's color

smarkquart

* Ace Member *
I am a color snob when it comes to my tournament bag, and finding this particular disc in yellow is next to impossible because the disc is OOP.

However, I already have three of them in a lighter green. I am wondering if there is a way to lighten this green enough to possibly pass as chartreuse.

Straight-up online research yields little as most help is in regards to removing yellow from white plastics or stains from clear. So, before I dive into an experimentation of hydrogen peroxide, or bleach, or quick acetone baths (I already know the results of prolonged baths), I am hoping someone already has experience in this matter.

Otherwise, if you know someone with a yellow ESP Nebula, contact me privately.

I've found that chartreuse worm dip can turn blue plastic to a bright green. The overall value (shade) is lighter. It may not turn your green plastic completely yellow/chartreuse, but it will make it lighter/brighter. It is acetone based so you wouldn't want to soak it but I've found spin style application works great for quick drying coverage.

Great tip on the worm dye. I can't seem to find any unscented worm dye online though. Do you know if they make unscented?

Last edited:
I've purchased the unscented spike it dye online from the spike it website. Also got a variety of colors of the Quick coat worm dip at Jans netcraft .com it's a fishing tackle supply place. Just make sure you get worm dip and not lure dip. Worm dip is acetone based dye and the lure dip is actually a paint for hard plastic baits.

Online is really the only place you find it....? Any local fish tackle stores often just carry scented.

http://www.lurepartsonline.com/Shop-By-Category/Lure-Dyes/Quick-Coat-Worm-Dye-4oz.html

The pink makes even light green discs pink. I assume yellow is potent just takes time for richest color and will ruin stamps.

Alright, I purchased a bottle of the yellow and will see how it works. The discs are going to be throwers, so I have no concern about the stamp.

Gave it a try, but it barely did anything. I have no doubt I likely screwed it up somehow, but I do not feel like spending more money to find out.

Just toss ur discs outside for a month and let the sun work its magic.

Latest posts