• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Limited Edition Somerset WI 18 Hole Course & Tournament

E_Rock25

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hey Minnesconsin! I have been helping with the design and installation of Somerset Disc Golf Course for the last 4 years and I am happy to say we now have a Limited Edition 18 hole course. This has been almost a 100% grass roots disc golf course (we had a little help from the city the first year). It has been a ton of hard work but it is really starting to show and we can finally play a full 18 for a limited time.

We got a kick in the butt this spring when Disc Golf 365 a new shop in Eau Claire, Wisconsin asked us to be a part of the Western Wisconsin Point Series on July 6th 2014. We had 14 holes roughed in but needed to have a full 18 to host one of the stops for this event. Many of our regular league players chipped in to expand the course in a short amount of time. The new holes are a bit rough and will need more work as time goes on. We do not have permanent teepads or long baskets or tees yet but it is playable and very fun.

We need people to come out and play the course so it can get some foot traffic to knock down some of the brush and clean the roughs up just by playing. If you have played the course before you know that the course is really fun and challenging and the new holes won't disappoint. If you haven't played the course and are near the area you should give it a try.

We are hoping to have the course fully complete by spring 2015 with 18 holes that have two teepads and two baskets for each hole. We have a handicap league every Monday night at 6:30pm and all are encouraged to come out and play. The group is very friendly and we have players of all ability levels. Unfortunately we will only be able to play this layout for a few weeks because of some upcoming road construction so come play it while you can.

The city of Somerset is expanding a road during the months of July through mid to late September and it will effect this 18 hole layout and we will have to close hole 15 till the road is completed.

I will try to post a map of the current 18 hole layout later today. If you have any questions feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

Here is a map of what we hope the final 18 will look like. As of right now it is just short pins and pads on everything after hole 10. Hole 15 is actually in an open field with the pin tucked back in the woods but this is what it will look like after the road work is done.

Latest posts