• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Lion

I would love to see a slighly overstable beadless mid to compliment the mako3. Something that flies like a shark3, but without the uncomfortable (to me) Shark rim.

:hfive: good to see you post man! When we gonna battle it out again?

I wonder if this is the actual Mako3 with a bead?

I saw some of these when Infinite tested them out for what eventually became the Chariot. Looked like a Roc sized bead. Unfortunately I wasn't interested at the time and never threw one.

What is funny is that the Infinite guys thought they were getting a beaded Mako3 when Innova made the Chariot for them.

I am hopeful that this is that full size beaded Mako3, would make a pretty good disc. From what I hear the testers liked it.

Really anxious for this mold based off the profiles.

I really dig the Vroc bottom so Ill definitely give this one a go.

Looks pretty similar to the Infinite tester beaded Mako3.

Would be hard to tell the difference between a VRoc bottom and a Mako bottom with a bead I bet.

Pics were on reddit if anyone is wanting to look (I'm late for work or I woulda linked them).

Looks pretty similar to the Infinite tester beaded Mako3.

Would be hard to tell the difference between a VRoc bottom and a Mako bottom with a bead I bet.

Didn't see the pics, but a true Mako/3 bottom with a bead should be less convex than a V-tech bottom rim.

Got 2 Star Lions in the mail and finally got them out in the field today. They feel exactly like a Mako with a big bead. Slightly domey as well.

And boy are they more stable than I expected. Fighting out of anhyzers and riding long hyzers, they flew more like a fresh Champ Roc3. Except that they went significantly farther. They were gliding past my Champ Roc3 by about 40-50' every time. I think I had them maxing around 350'.

Not what I was expecting at all; was hoping for Innova to have finally made a Comet but oh well. It's a good replacement Roc is you love the feel of a Mako.

I've never bought a disc based off the stamp but this is pretty cool...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lion.jpg
    Lion.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 530
I've never bought a disc based off the stamp but this is pretty cool...

attachment.php

Dangit, I literally just ordered from DGU and would've added this to my order had I seen it. Sick stamp. Is it normal for DGU to get a new innova release before innova proshop? Also, I find it strange how little marketing/information has been put out for the lion. Surprised how fast these went. Wow

Looks like a vroc3. Maybe they decided to change the name for the production run.

Lion video. One interesting comment in the comment section was how Innova seems to be replacing Discmania discs, possibly anticipating a split between the companies? (commenter's speculation, not mine)

I also note this seems like a midrange Bullfrog, perhaps for the Innova pros...

Lion video. One interesting comment in the comment section was how Innova seems to be replacing Discmania discs, possibly anticipating a split between the companies? (commenter's speculation, not mine)

I also note this seems like a midrange Bullfrog, perhaps for the Innova pros...

What discmania Disc does this replace? I didn't know that had a big bead flat top midrange?

That stock stamp is awesome! But still not replacing my Emacs.

What discmania Disc does this replace? I didn't know that had a big bead flat top midrange?

I'm not sure what mold that commenter was thinking about. I drew attention to that comment because of molds like the Firefly coming out as a possible P2 replacement....

I'm not sure what mold that commenter was thinking about. I drew attention to that comment because of molds like the Firefly coming out as a possible P2 replacement....

I get the Firefly thing but 1 disc replacement doesn't signal a split for me. 3 is a pattern.

I get the Firefly thing but 1 disc replacement doesn't signal a split for me. 3 is a pattern.

If you want a pattern: Sexton apparently giving up P2s for the Firefly; McBeth was using the FD3 but would only call it an 'overstable fairway driver' when he was doing commentar, and then he dropped it (and later went to Discraft, of course); Eagle now giving up the Gator, and there are other examples that are not coming to my mind at the moment. It's been talked about for a while that companies are wanting their players to use only one brand name of disc; even the Trilogy people have done it (like Paige Pierce saying she throws only DD). And with Discmania now reaching out to Lat64 and the Chinese DG company, a shuffling of company alliances might be happening. Time will tell...

If you want a pattern: Sexton apparently giving up P2s for the Firefly; McBeth was using the FD3 but would only call it an 'overstable fairway driver' when he was doing commentar, and then he dropped it (and later went to Discraft, of course); Eagle now giving up the Gator, and there are other examples that are not coming to my mind at the moment. It's been talked about for a while that companies are wanting their players to use only one brand name of disc; even the Trilogy people have done it (like Paige Pierce saying she throws only DD). And with Discmania now reaching out to Lat64 and the Chinese DG company, a shuffling of company alliances might be happening. Time will tell...

I would consider a pattern 3 new innova mold that mimic discmania discs. Eagle still throws a MF Max, Perkins throws a firebird, Jerm putts with p2s. Just becaus they want their captain to use all Innova discs does not signal a split for me.

I haven't really paid attention to the release of the Lion until seeing that video.

Roc3/Mako3? Yes please.

Latest posts