• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Local Sportscaster at our Tournament

Dan39465

We held our first tournament at Tatum Trails DGC at Tatum Park today. Heather Cook from WDAM, the local NBC affiliate, brought a camera to take some footage.

Heather with the camera:
picture.php

Our President, Dale McVeay, being interviewed:
picture.php

Me and Heather:
picture.php

The story will air at 6 and 10 tonight. Will post a link to the website when they get it posted.

I don't really think she was on camera too much, and if she was, she was playing the part of casual for our casually competetive sport.

Very cool that she does all the video and everything herself, for some reason I was under the impression that she would have a camera and sound person with her.

Looking forward to seeing the video.

I don't really think she was on camera too much, and if she was, she was playing the part of casual for our casually competetive sport.

Actually, she was never on camera. Once she got back to the studio she edited it down. It was easily the longest story in the sports report. Even the main anchor mentioned it comming up before the comercial break that proceded the sports segment.

Very cool that she does all the video and everything herself, for some reason I was under the impression that she would have a camera and sound person with her.

Looking forward to seeing the video.

She was using a Leica digital video camera with a hand-held mic. If I had the equipment she used and the editing studio they have back at the studio I could make a movie.

Last Oct I was at a local JuCo football game. The sports director, from the same station, was at the game lugging one of the older (and bigger) cameras around himself.

When they get the video posted on the web site I will post the link here.

Yeah, she looks about five foot nothing.

She was tiny...

We used to have a real cute (and tiny) blonde reporter on one of our local news stations. My bud saw here in a gas station parking lot, one morning on the way to work. He got her to autograph his pink putter. That was a couple of years ago, and he still often says, "this one's for you Heather" and kisses his putter; prior to shooting. :)

there were times I rocked gym shorts under the desk when doing the news at school back in the day ... know local guys that do the same thing on Jazz Live, Powerhouse and other local sports shows ... shoes are optional

Latest posts