• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Locking your practice pin?

It weird, there's very little REAL crime here like murder (ok, ok... Jon Benet was like 15 years ago), armed robbery, car theft, etc... but petty crimes due to drunken college kids are pretty common. I don't ever worry about locking my home or car at night, but wouldn't leave a bicycle, or my practice pin unlocked. Hell, I haven't locked my pick up truck in years in hopes that someone would steal it so I could cash in on the insurance policy... no luck yet on this.

Ah, see that's where you are going wrong. Want to prevent drunken college kids from ripping off your stuff? Think like one. Distract them from the basket with Heineken mini kegs or bikini clad girls on a cardboard cut out or something.

It weird, there's very little REAL crime here like murder (ok, ok... Jon Benet was like 15 years ago), armed robbery, car theft, etc... but petty crimes due to drunken college kids are pretty common. I don't ever worry about locking my home or car at night, but wouldn't leave a bicycle, or my practice pin unlocked. Hell, I haven't locked my pick up truck in years in hopes that someone would steal it so I could cash in on the insurance policy... no luck yet on this.

maybe give the keys to a drunk college kid and let him steal it:D

Its not cheap but if you want a hardcore anchor:
kryptonite stronghold anchor

I'd probably go the route of two chains or cables. The more layers a thief has to get through the more likely they are to walk away from it.

What about some thing like this?
http://www.bicwarehouse.com/dog-tie-out-stake-00002.html
You could even dig down about 6 inches, screw it in, hook your chain onto it, bury it leaving the chain hanging out so you can lock your basket up. I think it would be a big enough of a pain in the ass to keep some one from stealing it. If nothing else they would make alot of noise, and it would take alot of time to tear that thing out of the ground. It wold be a cheap option as well.

if you want scary get mike vicks old dogs:D

Most of those dogs were rehabilitated. They're not scary any more.

Instead of developing techniques to keep punks from running off with your basket, why not catch them in booby traps? A punk kid may be watching out for a big scary dog, but I bet he won't be expecting a nice toothy bear trap or a well-concealed pit in which you've carefully placed a wolverine.