• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Logo Contest & Raffle for free discs!

Birdie30

Alright guys NEW disc golf shop here in NE and were looking for a logo. So I thought I would throw it up for you guys to have a chance to win some sweet discs. I want to see what you guys think and maybe pick one to use as our logo. The one I pick will be the winner and will receive a brand new disc and a dryfit with the new logo! But just for entering your idea will put you in the raffle for a disc. Any questions?
You have a week to submit your ideas! Contest will end March 8th
Thanks guys and cant wait to see your ideas.

Heres what you got to work with:

Shop Name: Birdie 30 Disc Golf

Also added some pics of ideas.

Attachments

• THE ONE LOGO.jpg
    THE ONE LOGO.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 178
  • LOGO3.png
    LOGO3.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 165
  • basket_logo.png
    basket_logo.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 157
Pretty cool. I like that you're opening up to the community like legacy did to name their discs. I suck at drawing :wall: but I'll try anyway. :thmbup:

Thats too bad, Wayne is a ways from Lincoln. Hows the golf in Wayne I've never played that course?

Last edited:
Just got a disc from you on Friday :)

Do you want people to post their ideas here or PM them to you to keep designs private?

Logo entry:

574797_10151270792201315_508189705_n.jpg

Could use some reworking. Also, are we allowed to submit more than one entry?

It's ok, it's a short, technical course that's fairly wooded
Very cool! I really like wooded courses. If I get out that way I'll have to check it out.

Just got a disc from you on Friday :)

Do you want people to post their ideas here or PM them to you to keep designs private?
Yes! Thanks for the feedback. You gunna enter in the contest?
Pm's are great, that way no one can steal your ideas :)

Logo entry:

574797_10151270792201315_508189705_n.jpg

Could use some reworking. Also, are we allowed to submit more than one entry?

SWEET IDEA! I really like it. Thanks for your support. You can submit as many as you like. The more you submit the better chances you have for WINNING!

Hey man!

Thanks for putting on the contest. If you wouldn't mind, could you give us a little more information about Birdie30 by answering these questions?

How and when was it started up? What's the story?
Why did you name the shop Birdie30?
Is there a definitive slogan? If so, what is it?
Do you want it the slogan included in the logo design?
What type of style are you looking for?
How is Birdie30 different from any other shop?
Are you looking for more of an alternative look? Sleek and modern?
Are there certain colors that need to be incorporated?

Answering these questions could help big time with the branding process. Best of luck with the contest

Thanks!

Hey man!

Thanks for putting on the contest. If you wouldn't mind, could you give us a little more information about Birdie30 by answering these questions?

How and when was it started up? What's the story? We started up last year with the idea that we love disc golf and more people should be playing. So we thought if we could get discs out for a better price then most I could get more people involved and playing the sport. We started playing about 4 or 5 years ago and wont ever stop. Love the sport and the people that come with it.
Why did you name the shop Birdie30? The shop was named birdie 30 after a long time thinking about what the name should be. Have you ever heard the term beer 30? Same thing but with golf, its birdie 30 time. Only birdies WIN!
Is there a definitive slogan? If so, what is it? Yes, "You know what time it is?" Birdie 30! Or "Where you always know what time it is". Birdie 30! Just a couple we have going right now.
Do you want it the slogan included in the logo design?It doesn't have to be, but it wouldn't hurt to see what they look like together
What type of style are you looking for? Not sure on the style, kind of why we started the thread to get different ideas. We really want something new no one else has. Some thing that stands out, bold, something disc golfers would wear all the time when they're not playing. Some thing unique. Not much of a stlye i guess but something to work with.
How is Birdie30 different from any other shop? Thats a hard question to answer since I have only been to a few shops. But I feel there are some key things that set us apart. First were not in this to make a million dollars. Were willing to deal a little and make people happy. Thats what we really want is happy discers enjoying this great sport and getting more involved and maybe making some new friends along the way.
Are you looking for more of an alternative look? Sleek and modern? I think some thing alternative would fit real nice. Not saying a sleek and modern one wouldn't tho, because there are always exceptions.
Are there certain colors that need to be incorporated? Exact colors are not necessary but some colors that we like are: Blaze orange, Neon green, purple for the ladies and Black of course. But just black will do for now, dont be afraid to add color tho.

Answering these questions could help big time with the branding process. Best of luck with the contest

Thanks!

Mike thanks for the questions, I hope that helps. I hope I get to see one of your sick pieces of work soon. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Everyone if you have not seen Mike's Work please do he has some great pieces up for display. Check out the link!
http://www.mikeinscho.com/

Due to multiple request I am going to extend the due date for Logo entries until the end of March.

New due date: March 29th 2013 (in case you were wondering the year:) )

Thanks everyone who has submitted an entry so far.

you should probably up the ante a little bit.

I kind of agree with the above. I am in the design industry and definitely want to take a crack at this.

On the flip side, people who design logos and identities like this for larger companies often do so for hundreds of dollars. I understand you are a start up company, but a little bigger reward for the winner may entice more designers.

Thanks for extending the deadline!
I've got some stuff in the thumbnail stage but none have progressed further than that. This week has been freakin' insane.

I think a cool idea would be a gift certificate to your store. Birdie30 bucks or something. :D

Also if y'all need someone to handle credit/debit card processing Ive been with one of the larger companies out there for a lot of years and would be happy to get you taken care of on that end with some disc golf love pricing. We do small and inexpensive gift card programs too for start ups (inscho's "birdie30 bucks prompted this response in the first place :D). I do design work for them these days so I may also try to take a crack at your logo too if I can find the time. Love the idea here though, nothing but love in the DC community !

ok so i am a terrible artist, so i will give you my idea and maybe somebody will cash in on it.
Have a vulture/eagle/some other good size bird sitting on a roadsign or street sign with a disc in its mouth that says 30 on it. Maybe onthe street sign have ace way and Par Avenue.

you should probably up the ante a little bit.
What do you have in mind?

I kind of agree with the above. I am in the design industry and definitely want to take a crack at this.

On the flip side, people who design logos and identities like this for larger companies often do so for hundreds of dollars. I understand you are a start up company, but a little bigger reward for the winner may entice more designers.
Very true, but being small thats not always in the budget. But I'm always open to ideas? You never know I just my like your idea and have to use it. Would like to get more people involved if I can.

Thanks for extending the deadline!
I've got some stuff in the thumbnail stage but none have progressed further than that. This week has been freakin' insane.

I think a cool idea would be a gift certificate to your store. Birdie30 bucks or something. :D
No worries, take your time. Better have a beer when you get a chance :D.
Thats a real good idea. I wouldnt mind doing something like this. How much would the gift certificate be?

Also if y'all need someone to handle credit/debit card processing Ive been with one of the larger companies out there for a lot of years and would be happy to get you taken care of on that end with some disc golf love pricing. We do small and inexpensive gift card programs too for start ups (inscho's "birdie30 bucks prompted this response in the first place :D). I do design work for them these days so I may also try to take a crack at your logo too if I can find the time. Love the idea here though, nothing but love in the DC community !
Ya that sounds good might have to hit you up on that and see what you have to offer. What company do you work for? You can hit me up with a pm if thats easier.
Would like to see your ideas if you get the chance. Nothing but love for my DG Fam, thought the guys would like some free stuff. And you never know might find a logo I like.

ok so i am a terrible artist, so i will give you my idea and maybe somebody will cash in on it.
Have a vulture/eagle/some other good size bird sitting on a roadsign or street sign with a disc in its mouth that says 30 on it. Maybe onthe street sign have ace way and Par Avenue.
Like the idea, thank you! Might even be a good idea for a patch.

Thanks everyone.

No worries, take your time. Better have a beer when you get a chance :D.
Thats a real good idea. I wouldnt mind doing something like this. How much would the gift certificate be?

Idk, If I were to put out a number it'd be a 100 Birdiebucks. That's ultimately your call.

Still working up some ideas. I'll do that all the way up to the last few days :D
Most of us that are interested in this logo competition, appreciate the extension though.