• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Long Range Putter, Putter Driver and Placement Approach Disc

djjeremiahj

Double Eagle Member
The bottom portion of my bag is as follows:

175 Champ Roc - All Purpose "Everything"
171 E.Z Buzzz - Straight to a fault. Slightly Redundant with Roc
170 Rhyno - Driver, Forehand, Controlled Impact Placement
170 Gator - "When it's gotta be dirty" this disc always saves. (maybe i should put a picture of Jesus on it?)
169 DX Roc (my main putter) - I like the extra glide and speed.

I'm looking for a disc in the range between my Buzzz and Putter. I want to use it in a very controlled, fast (non-floater) method. I love my rhyno, but it's a rhyno and the lack of glide is death for what i am seeking. The DX Roc is a suitable stand in, but it doesnt. quite fit. I am considering buying a Dart (for the 3rd time). I need more control in the 40-75' putting/attack ranges and a better Putter (as a) Driver Solution.
Precision placement, control and a faster flight (i throw kinda timid in this range) is key. I want a disc that i can throw hard, remain straight, has good glide, and hold a line in the speed 2-4 ranges.

I'm not going to replace my putter (DX Roc), but i am looking for a one disc solution and addition. Currently, i am managing with my Roc and Rhyno.

Dart? (Had a floppy one, i think i'd get a harder plastic in this round)
Ion? (Had one, really liked it, but it was too heavy for me to maximize it's potential.)
Skeeter? (I had such successes with this disc that i then bought my Roc's and it became obsolete. Too fast also)

Forget it all and just go practice more with my DX Roc?

i just got a Latitude 64 Spike. it feels like it fits between a rhyno and a buzzz. picture a beadless rhyno.

i've also heard Classic Rocs are very buzzz-like putters

IMO there is not a better putter than a rhyno off the tee. i'd go with AP on this one and say the spike. it is sort of tweener mid/putter. but personally, for shots 40-75 ft idk why you couldn't just use your rhyno regardless of its glide. unless you have a low ceiling. but in your post you said you want to use it in a fast (non-floater) way. and right after that you said you won't use the rhyno for the lack of glide??? anyway, try the spike or a magic or an apx or a beadless aviar or a warlock or ... even a mako?

Latest posts