• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Longer Sidewinder?

Strong Island

My go-to is star sidewinder. I am looking for more distance for an open field shot. I throw wraith and tern also. Looking for that extra 20 feet. What do you suggest? Doesn't have to be Innova.

welp, tern should do it.

20 feet isn't going to come from using a different disc really but improving technique.

My "sidewinder" is a MVP inertia and can hit 350' golf lines with it consistently while able to touch 400' but something faster and more understable could yield easier D just not as consistent results...

Maybe something like a Vulcan/mamba/unlace/nukes/bolt/katana etc if you want some added distance over your sidewinders for wide open long drives...

How much distance are you getting with the Sidewinder? How much with the Tern? If they are similar, another disc won't help.

Better question, how far are you throwing putters? Do they turn over on you when you try to drive with them? I'm not advocating discing down, it's just a great indicator of form.

Yea the Tern should be the answer to this question. In my experience the Ternshould go quite a bit further than your SW and have a bigger sweeping turn (which requires a bit more room to really work its magic).

I find the Vulcan to be a long SW, Tern an Katana are great discs but in my experience even though they have a similar turn they keep their fade a little longer.

Sidewinder is also my go-to. For a little extra distance I go with a Vulcan. I get the SW out to about 270/280', the Vulcan to about 290/300'. I would get more but I have bad form. :eek:

I used to be a big sidewinder fan. They all sit in my garage now. MVP Inertia > sidewinder.

If you cant get your tern further than the sidewinder then id say you need to work on your form.

Latest posts