• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] LONGEST DRIVER YOU'VE THROWN

Longest Driver you've thrown

• DD2 Frenzy

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Crank

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Nuke

Votes: 37 9.9%
  • Nuke SS

• Ape

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Boss

Votes: 30 8.1%
  • Katana

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Tern

Votes: 70 18.8%
  • Dominator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katana

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Vulcan

• Halo

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Havoc

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Bolt

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Rampage

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Cannon

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Quasar

• D1

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • D2

• D3

• D4

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • D5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lace

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • UnLace

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • King

Votes: 26 7.0%

• Total voters
I don't understand the Tern votes. The one Champion I have acts massively overstable with a hard fade. I just assumed it was too much disc for me. I thought the numbers were way off. The numbers are supposed to be similar to a Katana but it acts more Boss like for me.

Ditto. Until I through my katana properly today it acted the same. It's just us. Same could be said of a Cannon. I think they like a flat release and turn instead of a hyzer flip.

Add hyzer, throw higher, etc. There are plenty of ways a D4 can be thrown 450'+. I would say that it has more distance potential than any disc I throw regularly. I just wouldn't use it on the golf course so I don't try to use it in the field.

The first time I threw one, I parked a 440' hole with it luckily. I threw it on a route that I wouldn't consider any other time than just a casual round with my buddies.

The more power you use to get it up, the less power you're using to get it forward. People also get better power from different angles. I like to throw anhyzers for distance. I get similar distance between my Nukes and Forces. If I'm throwing hyzers, my Nukes go a lot further.

Eh. I had a Champion one that felt decent, but didn't fly consistently for me. Sometimes it would turn over and not come back, sometimes it would s-curve, and sometimes it wouldn't turn at all. I don't have awful OAT or anything, either.

I lost that Tern (partly due to its inconsistency), but I decided to give a Star Tern a try. It's more consistently understable, but still not what I would call reliable. I also don't like the way it feels in my hand.

Lots of people like it, though, so it's probably worth checking out.

Ahhhh. But did the star fly as far? I have a champ tern I was feeling the same about and was considering a star myself as I figured it was a little more under stable And wouldn't have to be thrown as hard to get it to work. Probably less glide?

I've parked that hole when it's in the palm trees LHBH but when it's down the hill forget about it

It was down on the side of the hill. I put the drive down by the sidewalk about 20 ft from the water lol. I flexed a FH over the trees and around the palms

this whole poll is skewed because not everyone can throw the same distance

someone who can only throw 300 max will vote differently than someone who can throw 500 because less stable discs help out the weaker arms.

try throwing a lace or D4 over 450'... turn and burn all day before it makes it even 300', at least thats my experience with the lace/d4 i have tried. even a D3 needs hyzer on the release at full power for me.

My max distance is 475, with a lightly used D2, has a little turn.

Most people will get more distance out of a D4 or Lace if your not able to throw very far yet.

All the D4s I've thrown have had 450' potential, easily.

I tried to limit it to speed 13 drivers.

To vote Destroyer or Wraith vote in thread! :hfive:

Also was limited to 25 choices.

Plus this is the discing up thread.

Throw your speed 13's!!! :D

Blizzard Destroyer around 425 on FLAT surface. I would never use them in game, to unpredictable. Pro Destroyer is my normal go to distance driver and I reach 300-350 on FLAT.

Another vote for the surprisingly popular Tern. Although I've actually thrown my Wahoos, yes Wahoos, further than my Champion Terns.

And I have two brand new Factory Second Starlite Terns in my closet that I just haven't gotten to throw yet. I am really looking forward to it, though.

So in my opinion, based on the comments, I would say that the Destroyer won this one, regardless of whether or not is was made an option

Again though, for me, it was the Epic, which is no longer in my bag

I haven't thrown any of these discs but I am very curious about the Tern. I have been looking for something that I could BH on a slight hyzer that could go even further than my Stalker. The Stalker does bomb though and does pretty well in the wind if snapped on a hyzer. Would a 175g Champion Tern hold the a long hyzer line well in a decent headwind or go all over the place?

So in my opinion, based on the comments, I would say that the Destroyer won this one, regardless of whether or not is was made an option

Again though, for me, it was the Epic, which is no longer in my bag

I counted the Destroyer votes at 12.

Tern 38 > Destroyer 12

The only disc on that list I have thrown was the Nuke. That didn't go very far for me though. The farthest I've thrown was with a striker. I cant throw high speed discs very well.

I haven't thrown any of these discs but I am very curious about the Tern. I have been looking for something that I could BH on a slight hyzer that could go even further than my Stalker. The Stalker does bomb though and does pretty well in the wind if snapped on a hyzer. Would a 175g Champion Tern hold the a long hyzer line well in a decent headwind or go all over the place?

All over into a head wind most likely. Conspidering to get the most out of it, it needs to be throw it On the edge of turning all the way over and having it turn laterally a good distance before fading. That's why people only throw it into an open field. Super touchy and if you dont get into enough or in the sweet spot. It acts entirely different and super overstable at lower speeds. Like a cannon. Super long, but touchy and not very easy to throw other than max D.

Definately Not. The tern will flip over and hold an nice little anhyzer when thrown with hyzer when there is no wind. Into a headwind it just rolls.

I will pass on the Tern then. I just need to work more on my Destroyer BH bombers.

It was down on the side of the hill. I put the drive down by the sidewalk about 20 ft from the water lol. I flexed a FH over the trees and around the palms

I can get it around the trees but anything i'm usually flexing that far is gonna fade back right hard and end up near pin high and 30-35 feet short , if i make the putt that's awesome but if i miss it's rolling .

Latest posts