• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] LONGEST DRIVER YOU'VE THROWN

Longest Driver you've thrown

• DD2 Frenzy

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Crank

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Nuke

Votes: 37 9.9%
  • Nuke SS

• Ape

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Boss

Votes: 30 8.1%
  • Katana

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Tern

Votes: 70 18.8%
  • Dominator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katana

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Vulcan

• Halo

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Havoc

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Bolt

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Rampage

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Cannon

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Quasar

• D1

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • D2

• D3

• D4

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • D5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lace

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • UnLace

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • King

Votes: 26 7.0%

• Total voters
Gold line bolt and champ tern are battling it out. excellent max d discs

For me, little beat up (kinda flippy) Xcal, Goes forever and ALWAYS hooks up. Big sky tunrover shots, star boss or flippy echo star destroyer (gotta have an open field for that though)

Also i find it hilarious i was lookin at the disc forum main page and tern is one of the top topics. Read the first couple pages and its people talkin smack about how its gonna be a newby frolfer burn out, i see the results of this poll is different haha

So far it was my star boss, hole 12 lakeside La Mirada. GPS put the shot at 485 +/- 4 ft on a FH route

Looks like the Dominator is an Epic Fail. I found one this spring and it did suck. It wasnt longer then a Teebird for me. Innova should just discontinue the Groove and Dominator and do Noobs a favor.

Looks like the Dominator is an Epic Fail. I found one this spring and it did suck. It wasnt longer then a Teebird for me. Innova should just discontinue the Groove and Dominator and do Noobs a favor.

I think they just need to make the Dominator in better plastic, It flies nice but that run of champ plastic sucks.

I tried a 172 Champ Tern and it did fly amazingly far. At first I was reluctant to throw it too hard and was getting some longer straight flights like a sword. Once I stepped into it more it really boomed, moving laterally right during a huge portion of the flight. Glide was insane! Reminded me of a much faster Z XL.

One thing though, I did not like the droopy wing!

I think they just need to make the Dominator in better plastic, It flies nice but that run of champ plastic sucks.

Yeah the plastic wasnt great but the disc itself just didnt go far. It looked nice in the air but was shorter then I expected. I really didnt like it.

I have had 3 throws go over 500', each was a different disc. A Nuke, Boss, and Flow

I have an 813' throw with a DX Banshee. Of course it was darn near tornado winds and I was throwing down a very steep hill.

I voted for the Tern because they go a ridiculous distance for me. I did switch my distance drivers a lot between destroyers bosses nukes etc.

The thing that most impresses me about the tern is it's ability to not flip in a stout headwind. Anyone else notice this? I'm not saying they do not turn but if you throw a Nuke into a headwind it wants to cut roll or stall out. A tern will still do it's thing.

I tried to limit it to speed 13 drivers.

To vote Destroyer or Wraith vote in thread! :hfive:

Also was limited to 25 choices.

Plus this is the discing up thread.

Throw your speed 13's!!! :D

Higher speed does not necessarily equal more distance.

Tailwind: Halo no doubt. They just go forever with tons of glide.
Headwind: Prodiscus Legenda. Very underrated disc.

this whole poll is skewed because not everyone can throw the same distance

someone who can only throw 300 max will vote differently than someone who can throw 500 because less stable discs help out the weaker arms.

try throwing a lace or D4 over 450'... turn and burn all day before it makes it even 300', at least thats my experience with the lace/d4 i have tried. even a D3 needs hyzer on the release at full power for me.

My max distance is 475, with a lightly used D2, has a little turn.

Most people will get more distance out of a D4 or Lace if your not able to throw very far yet.

someone who can only throw 300 max will vote differently than someone who can throw 500 because less stable discs help out the weaker arms.

try throwing a lace or D4 over 450'... turn and burn all day before it makes it even 300', at least thats my experience with the lace/d4 i have tried. even a D3 needs hyzer on the release at full power for me.

Most people will get more distance out of a D4 or Lace if your not able to throw very far yet.

Both those discs could easily be pushed beyond 450' on a sky anhyzer. I have a couple flat-topped Orcs that are flippy on a low line but when I have room to air them out they go forever on a tall flex shot.

Last edited:

Add hyzer, throw higher, etc. There are plenty of ways a D4 can be thrown 450'+. I would say that it has more distance potential than any disc I throw regularly. I just wouldn't use it on the golf course so I don't try to use it in the field.

The first time I threw one, I parked a 440' hole with it luckily. I threw it on a route that I wouldn't consider any other time than just a casual round with my buddies.

Last edited:

Latest posts