• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Look into my bag and tell me what it is you see....

livextreme9

Birdie Member
I had to update my bag since I am now throwing all shots (other than putts) LHBH, although I am working on putting LH as well. I hurt my right shoulder during my deployment last year and it's only getting worse. I was only able to throw 1 drive RHBH the other day. :\

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 1 year with a few months of bag tags (LVDGC)
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: ambidextrous
Throwing Style: only LHBH until my right shoulder heals
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: LHBH - Suspect: 200/240'; Truth: 250/290'; Tern: 300/350'

quantity > disc > shot type > condition

Putters:
(2) KC Pro Aviar Factory Second ~ 175g (putting in the circle) 7/10
(1) KC Pro Aviar ~ 175g (jump putts or understable upshots) 6/10
(1) Champion Glow Aviar BB ~ 175g (stable/overstable upshots) 8/10

Mids:
(1) Biofuzion Suspect ~ 172g (used as a driving putter) 8/10
(1) Champion Glow Gator ~ 175g (skip shots or hyzerbombs) 7/10
(2) Lucid Verdict ~ 180g (overstable) 9/10
(1) Moonshine Truth ~ 178g (stable) 9/10
(1) Moonshine Truth ~ 175g (straight/flex) 8/10

Fairways:
(2) Star Leopard ~ 174g/175g (understable) 7/10
(1) Champion Teebird+ ~ 168g (straight lazers) 8/10
(1) Champion Teebirds ~ 175g (stable) 8/10
(2) Star Eagle X ~ 171g/172g (line shaper or overstable) 8/10

Drivers
(1) Champion Glow Firebird ~ 172g (skip shots or hyzerbombs) 8/10
(1) Champion Tern ~ 171g (line shaper / max d) 9/10
(1) Champion Sidewinder ~ 171g (straight to understable) 8/10
(1) PFN Champion Sidewinder ~ 170g (understable) 6/10

Seems like a lot.....that mixed with throwing righty and lefty just seems like a lot? It's a constant battle to keep the bag simple for me, but score better by knowing how to make the most out of some favorites.i watched an interview with Paul where he gave the hole by hole breakdown of his round. He Threw the same driver on almost every hole. You know it wasn't he same distance , conditions, distance or shape on all the drives. Personally, I just try to stay away from "one trick pony" discs as I feel they r just dead weight. Carry as many , or as few , as you want. If you feel your missing something, carry some more.

Some discs are only in the bag to get beat in (1 KC Aviar, 1 Leopard, 1 Eagle), but I see what your saying. I have found that I prefer a little less stability LHBH due to not having enough snap. I also like to have options depending on how I am throwing that day. I am trying to minimize a little without dropping down too much. Maybe with a little more practice LHBH and I will find my groove.

Some overlap with overstable mids with the Suspect, Gator, and Verdict, especially considering the Truth is your straight driver. Yeah, I've thrown them all and know they're all a little different, but there is some overlap if you wanted to cut down on molds. The easiest to drop would probably be the Gator or Verdict.

I don't see any understable mids. You could cover those shots with a putter and a Leopard, however, so this isn't a huge hole.

Fairways look good.

Do you feel you need a distance driver that's a bit more stable than your Tern? (Firebird doesn't count, that's a utility or fairway disc). Something like a Boatman, Destroyer, Wraith, or PD to give you some distance into a headwind.

All in all the bag looks good.

The suspect is weird as it's not overstable at all. It''s hold any line for driving putter situations. That's all that it is used for. The Gator comes out in the wind, short skip shots and I like to throw spike hyzer upshots with it. It is very dependable. The verdict is for everything else. Open fairway shots, short dogleg drives or windy short drives. The Gator is more overstable than both Verdicts. I honestly use these 3 discs the most during a round.

Depending on the hole I can usually get away with my understable putter or Leopard, but I can also anny my 175g Truth.

I actually threw in a 175g Champ Boss last night. It's a flat top 13, 5, -1, 3. It'll hold a hyzer very well and can also be flexed a little if needed. I do want to find something different though as I want something a little lighter with a slighty slimmer rim.

Thanks for checking out my bag.

Aside from the OS mid overlap, your bag is pretty solid. I would recommend taking out the Suspect and work on the Gator or Verdict as for driving. As an idea, you should beat in one of your truths to have a nice straight and slightly understable mid. Also consider a max D OS disc to add in your bag. It would help a lot for spike hyzering over lefty crippling obstacles (Hole 13 Mtn. Crest)

I see what your saying Hybrid. I think I may start using the Verdict in place of the Suspect. The Gator is too overstable. I am working on beating in the 175g Truth for the spot your were talking about. I was thinking about taking out one of the Sidewinders and Boss to try out an Trespass/Enforcer for the stable/overstable driver slots. How would you rate the Trespass as I see you have it in your signature? How far do you throw it?

Vitals
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps: right shoulder injury limits throwing during a round
Other sport proficiencies: baseball and hockey
Years playing/experience: almost 1 year (5 months competitive)
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: ambidextrous
Throwing Style: LHBH, RHBH and RHOH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: LHBH - Suspect: 200/230'; Truth: 240/270'; Patriot: 280'/310'; Volt: 320'/350' D3: 350/380' ; Rampage: up to 400'
RHBH - Suspect: 200/260'; Truth: 270/320'; Patriot: 330'/370'; Volt; 380'-420'; D3: 430/475' ; Rampage: up to 500'
Dislike about bag: putters seems to not stick sometimes. Thinking about soft Judges or 300/350 PA3
Short/long term goal: putt more consistent and gain distance

Bag
quantity > disc > shot type > condition

Putters:
(2) KC Pro Aviar ~ 175g (putting in the circle) 7/10
(1) KC Pro Aviar ~ 175g (jump putts or short upshots) 6/10

Mids:
(1) Classic soft Suspect ~ 175g (used as a driving putter) 8/10
(1) Fuzion Suspect ~ 176g (up shots with small skip) 8/10
(1) Champion Glow Gator ~ 175g (overstable/OH) 8/10
(1) Classic Fugitive~ 178g (understable) 6/10
(1) Classic Truth ~ 178g (straight/stable) 8/10

Fairways:
(1) 400G Proto F2 ~ 175g (understable) 7/10
(1) Pinnacle FR Patriot ~ 173g (straight lazers) 8/10
(1) 400G Proto F2 ~ 169g (stable) 8/10
(1) Opto Trident ~ 175g (overstable/OH) 9/10

Tweener:
(1) Neutron Volt ~ 165g (straight/stable) 8/10

Drivers:
(1) 400S D4 ~ 171g (understable) 8/10
(1) 400G D3 ~ 166g (straight) 7/10
(1) 400S D3 ~ 168g (stable) 7/10
(1) Pinnacle Rampage ~ 172g (bombs/overstable/OH) 8/10

Comments, opinions or advice, let me have it. Thanks for checking out my bag.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 3 years - rated 951
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: 90% right handed with 10% LHBH upshots to take pressure off my right shoulder
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH and LHBH
Bag: camo Grip AX15

Putters:
(2) P-line P2 ~ 175g (putting in the circle)
(1) P-line P2 ~ 175g (jump putts or understable upshots)
(1) S-line P2 ~ 175g (stable/overstable upshots)
(1) XT Nova ~ 175g (upshots that need to sit)

Mids:
(1) P-line MD3 ~ 180g (understable)
(1) C-line MD3 ~ 180g (hyzerflips with power, standstills)
(1) C-line MD3 ~ 180g (stable)
(1) domey Glow MD3 ~ 180g (overstable)
(1) Champion Glow Gator ~ 175g (skip shots, wind, forehands or big hyzers)

Fairways:
(1) Champion Leopard3 ~ 175g (turnovers/quick rollers)
(1) Star Leopard3 ~ 168g (hyzerflips with power, standstills)
(1) Champion Twelve Time Teebird ~ 175g (stable)
(1) AJ Star Teebird ~ 175g (overstable, wind fighter or forehands)
(1) C-lineFD3 ~ 175g (skip shots, forehands or hyzers)

Drivers:
(1) D-line TD ~ 175g (big turnovers or long rollers)
(1) S-line TD ~ 171g (straight to understable, max distance without wind)
(1) G-line PD ~ 175g (same shots as S-line TD with a little more finish)
(1) S-line PD ~ 165g (stable distance, max distance with wind)
(1) C-line PD ~ 167g (overstable distance shots)

I have throwing shoulder, right knee and back issues. On days where I am feeling good and throwing well I bag an Xcal and a pair of DDXs (1 S-line and 1 C-line).

if you have all these issues why wouldnt you carry a bare bones minimalistic bag

if you have all these issues why wouldnt you carry a bare bones minimalistic bag

I have good days and bad days. On the good or better days I can throw every disc in my bag. On the bad days I reach for the understable stuff and play conservative. Just because I have ailments doesn't mean I have to only carry 5 discs. My bag is setup so I can play any course at any given time whether I am feeling good or not.

I have good days and bad days. On the good or better days I can throw every disc in my bag. On the bad days I reach for the understable stuff and play conservative. Just because I have ailments doesn't mean I have to only carry 5 discs. My bag is setup so I can play any course at any given time whether I am feeling good or not.

what bag is your small bag? im in the market

I like your bag construction. Seems like even though you carry quite a few discs, you have them pretty well organized. I like to carry the same mold in different plastics. Your bag has changed a lot since 2014 but its still kinda the same idea. Nothing too terribly fast either which I also like.

what bag is your small bag? im in the market

I don't necessarily have a small bag. My secondary bag is a Innova Super Heropack. I got it from a tournament I played in. If I want to carry only around 8-10 discs I will carry that since it has a divider in the disc compartment.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 4 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right handed
Throwing Style: 70% RHBH, 30% RHFH
Bag: Grip AX15 or Voodoo ST3

Putters:
(2) p-line P2 ~ 175g (putting in the circle)
(1) KP2 ~ 170g (jump putts or understable upshots)
(2) c-line P3 ~ 175g (stable/overstable upshots or forehands)

Mids:
(1) p-line MD3 ~ 180g (flippy/understable)
(1) p-line MD3 ~ 180g (hyzerflips with power, standstills)
(1) Eagle glow MD3 ~ 180g (stable)
(1) c-line MD4 ~ 180g (overstable and forehands)
(1) c-line MD5 ~ 175g (skip shots, wind or big hyzers)

Fairways:
(1) Pro Teebird-L ~ 175g (turnovers)
(1) Champion "Twelve" Time Teebird ~ 175g (hyzerflips with power, standstills)
(1) Champion Eleven Time Teebird ~ 175g (stable or forehands)
(1) C-line FD3 ~ 175g (skip shots or hyzers)

Drivers:
(1) Metal Flake PD ~ 175g (overstable distance shots)

I do carry some PD2s, but I prefer to throw control drivers most of the time. I do not throw as far as I used to, so I often do not see a big advantage from throwing my distance drivers. P-line PD2s do help for max distance forehands though when my shoulder is feeling up to it.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 4 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right handed
Throwing Style: 70% RHBH, 30% RHFH
Bag: Grip AX15 or Voodoo ST3

Putters:
(2) p-line P2 ~ 175g (putting in the circle)
(1) KP2 ~ 170g (jump putts or understable upshots)
(2) c-line P3 ~ 175g (stable/overstable upshots or forehands)

Mids:
(1) p-line MD3 ~ 180g (flippy/understable)
(1) p-line MD3 ~ 180g (hyzerflips with power, standstills)
(1) Eagle glow MD3 ~ 180g (stable)
(1) c-line MD4 ~ 180g (overstable and forehands)
(1) c-line MD5 ~ 175g (skip shots, wind or big hyzers)

Fairways:
(1) Pro Teebird-L ~ 175g (turnovers)
(1) Champion "Twelve" Time Teebird ~ 175g (hyzerflips with power, standstills)
(1) Champion Eleven Time Teebird ~ 175g (stable or forehands)
(1) C-line FD3 ~ 175g (skip shots or hyzers)

Drivers:
(1) Metal Flake PD ~ 175g (overstable distance shots)

I do carry some PD2s, but I prefer to throw control drivers most of the time. I do not throw as far as I used to, so I often do not see a big advantage from throwing my distance drivers. P-line PD2s do help for max distance forehands though when my shoulder is feeling up to it.

Latest posts