• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a critique, please

Plastic_Chukker

Bogey Member
Hello all, this is my first time asking for a critique here. I've been playing something like 7 years now, and the last couple weeks, I've been really working hard on the stuff from the form video that nate sexton and paul mcbeth put out a while back.

There are a couple things I already noticed in my form, like how early/far I turn my head, and it looks like on the pull through I'm curling my wrist.

But anyway, here is the video. Please excuse the phone quality and the dog, he's a good boy though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auvSGnid7jg&feature=youtu.be

Thank you everyone, any advice is welcomed.

Yep, classic strong arming, it's going to feel way different. You are throwing yourself forward without creating torque from the ground up on the front leg. Need to shift weight from behind/closed, brace, then swing the arm/disc from the shoulder and hips. All that forward momentum left over in your follow through is not being transferred through your front side to the disc. You should be swinging through much lower through your center and keep the arm and disc on a plane. Get a hammer or sledgehammer and swing it around back and forth, let your lower body do the work.

Markus finishes balanced on the front leg, not falling forward after release, so he is transferring his forward momentum out into the disc instead.

I guess I'm still not understanding this concept well. I've tried swinging a hammer, and it's done nothing for helping me feel what I'm supposed to be feeling.

As far as strong arming goes, I'm not understanding the concept of "pulling through" Or at least how to get your arm to that cocked position with the elbow leading if I'm not physically my arm through.

Back to the field, thanks for the critique.

I guess I'm still not understanding this concept well. I've tried swinging a hammer, and it's done nothing for helping me feel what I'm supposed to be feeling.

As far as strong arming goes, I'm not understanding the concept of "pulling through" Or at least how to get your arm to that cocked position with the elbow leading if I'm not physically my arm through.

Back to the field, thanks for the critique.
The disc needs to have momentum separate from you. If you accelerate your lower arm from a bent elbow and neutral wrist(don't pre-cock), extending the elbow bringing the lower arm forward, the hand/disc should lag and bend/load your wrist back, it should be a heavy feeling like the weight of a hammer.

I took this out to the field today, and I think I'm getting closer to what it should be (I was unable to get video, so I can't tell) by my arm was acting more like a whip than me pulling the disc physically with my arm.

I also worked hard on planting on the right leg and trying to get my weight behind it, rather than over and through it.

I did manage to pull a muscle. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing (using muscles I wasn't using before) but the discs are coming out faster, also, I can feel the disc ripping, rather than me trying let go of it.

One final thought, it feels like starting all over.