• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Looking to bring some MVP/AXIOM to my bag (partial conversion)

Depends what you're looking for. The alias is sorta like a short buzzz. Maybe even a tiny bit less stable.

I've had 4 Aliases. I would say they are more HSS than a Buzzz, but maybe a bit less LSS.

To the OP, the Alias is my favorite mid. Max weight will be straight with some fade, but not a huge amount. It's very controllable though, if you put it on a hyzer, it should ride it, throw it with some anhyzer, it will hold it.

Also, Inspire is not Glide. Haven't thrown a Relay, but it sounds more Glide like.

Haven't thrown a Glide, but either way the Relay is better than the Switch and Inspire. From what I've read of the Glide, I agree that it would be closer, too.

The Resistor could take the place of a shorter fairway and midrange in one. It's meat hook goodness would take the place of your Gator and Whippet.

Ditto what everyone is saying about the Envy and Proxy. They are both great drving putters, and shallow to fit your needs.

I'd say that the Tesla is closers to a Thunderbird, I have a partial MVP/Axiom bag with 2 tesla (ones over stable the second just stable) an Inertia as my semi understable and a couple Inspire for the super understable. They pretty much cover all my shots, have a resistor and phase too for utility but don't break them out often. Round out my setup with two tensor one beat to hell for turnovers the second is fresh. Only thing I can't seem to find is a replacement for my destroyer it's just the right amount of beat in and it seems like it takes forever to beat in MVP discs. Still haven't found a putter I like either.

A Theory or Tangent will be most similar to the Glide. No MVP/Axiom disc can really emulate one, the Glide is a pretty unique disc. Note that I have never thrown the Relay so perhaps that's what you want?

Yes the discs I mentioned are 3mm smaller as far as rim thickness goes but the Glide is definitely more of a very-fast mid than a true fairway driver. YMMV?

I'd say that the Tesla is closers to a Thunderbird, I have a partial MVP/Axiom bag with 2 tesla (ones over stable the second just stable) an Inertia as my semi understable and a couple Inspire for the super understable. They pretty much cover all my shots, have a resistor and phase too for utility but don't break them out often. Round out my setup with two tensor one beat to hell for turnovers the second is fresh. Only thing I can't seem to find is a replacement for my destroyer it's just the right amount of beat in and it seems like it takes forever to beat in MVP discs. Still haven't found a putter I like either.
160's Photon replaced my Destroyers

Ya that is surprising for sure. My 167 N flies like my beat in Destroyer. HS Turn and late minimal fade. Max weight proton has new Destroyer beef for me