• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking to improve

Watching it frame by frame I think I see what you're saying. My shoulders are at neutral as my heal plants. What you're saying is that they should still be closed and loaded. Is that right?

Watching it frame by frame I think I see what you're saying. My shoulders are at neutral as my heal plants. What you're saying is that they should still be closed and loaded. Is that right?
After watching it again, I have a hard time telling the angle and the camera is moving. I thought that was all from a side view, but the second throw looks almost from behind you. It looks like your hips are swaying/falling right to left in any case though. You want your momentum to move more toward the target. A stationary camera view from behind or side will make things much easier to see.

Watch how the feet and knee and spine move. Your rear knee and hip is extended before the throw(tipping your spine over), you want to squat(load) more into your rear hip as you come down to plant. Also notice in the finish your posture collapses.

That's awesome. I knew something looked off, but couldn't figure out what the hell it was. I think that might be it. And the Brinster video is great to compare with.

I've been trying to focus on accelerating smoothly through the hit instead of smacking it at the hit. Not sure if that makes any sense but it's helped a lot. I feel like it's a part of why I got my distance back. Am I on the right track there?

I've also been experiencing some soreness in my elbow. I think it's something in my follow through or pull but i'm not 100% sure. From looking at my form, what would you say the most likely culprit is?

Thanks.

Your arm wraps around your body in the finish. When you swing on plane the arm will finish more parallel to the shoulders. It looks like your elbow gets too far forward, there's a disconnect of your arm swinging from your shoulder. Make sure your elbow doesn't fully extend.

Like me, you're too straight on your feet, I think. The weight has to be more on the insides, like you're ice skating sideways, kind of.

This is the first move/weight transfer from the toe strike to heel strike, notice how much further turned Marc is against his rear leg and his posture is fully inline from the head to the front toe. You tip over from a wide horse stance where marc is squeezing with his legs/riding the bull, keeping his lower spine braced against the front leg and the rear.

In the hit, you can see your shoulders and body are open, and the elbow is still quite bent, so it's moving to the right while the lower arm extends. Marc's shoulders are just beginning to open and the elbow moves down the line allowing the lower arm to extend much further.

The finish pic shows your posture folding over like a lawn chair. Marc's posture is fully upright in dynamic balance and extended. Marc's weight/full spine has moved forward while your lower spine and rear leg is still behind and your upper spine tipped over.

That's perfect. Thanks for taking the time to make that. It really helped some things to click (I think).

A friend of my dad's was hoping you could give him a quick critique. I wasn't sure if it deserved it's own thread so I figured I'd post it on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFnsxXbPNq4

He's been playing a couple months and has pretty good accuracy but maxes around 200-250. Any help would be great. Thanks.

He's stuck throwing off the rear leg axis and tipping over the front leg and flat footed. Don't let the rear heel touch the ground and keep some flex in the rear knee moving forward. You need to transfer your weight and spine to the front leg before you swing. It will also help to keep the throwing shoulder lower in the backswing so his balance should be more toward the toes.

On your BH you are moving way too fast and long to really use your hips and weight and not staying back with the shoulder.

On your FH you are moving forward with your leg and arm, you want to stride the leg forward and transfer your weight to the front leg before you start throwing with the arm.

Still working on the drive. Takes some getting used to. But after ruining yet another round with my awful putting I Thought I'd look here for help. My biggest issue is missing right. Most of the time because the disc caught one of my fingers. As a result I have zero confidence because I never know how it's going to leave my hand. :\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs4KUVi4KK8&feature=youtu.be (sorry about the angle in the first video)

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

I don't usually critique putting, but it looks like your energy fizzles out at the end instead of popping with rhythm from your whole body. Try slowing down the arm in the beginning, letting your body really move forward on your toes then try to pop it at the end without the wrist/hand breaking past the basket. I aim for the disc go through the apex window so the disc is chain high on the way down.
Read:
Craiggs corner

Back from the dead.

I'm still trying to get to the full hit 450 - 500+ range. the most noticeable issue there being slippage. Still hitting low 400's but it just feels wonky. Also if it's not a slip it's a yank to the right, without much distance increase which kills me on tunnel shots. Any help with either of these issues, or anything else noticeable would be awesome.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEgTXN1ho2M&list=UUNuDmS3cR-CiXsVysMPlSqg