• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking to improve

Hershyzer drill. You are planting your rear foot/leg way too far backwards to load/turn into the rear hip and instep.

Yeah that really looks off now that I've noticed it. Would you say that's related to my griplock issues at all?

Yes, because your rear knee is fully extended before your weight really transfers you over rotate. Your rear knee and hip should be flexed/loaded(squat) to drive forward. Your weight slams forward instead and your rear foot/leg gets dragged flat footed. You need to settle your weight more into the front foot so it can provide more resistance from the rear leg driving forward.

Drives are feeling better. Still focusing on the rear leg. Noticed my posture is bad and I'm pretty sure I'm still rotating through way too much which seems to lead to my misses to the right. How much should I slow/close the rotation? there seem to be a lot of differing opinions on the matter. I would love to put an end to my grip-lock issues but don't want to be focusing on the wrong aspect of my form or going about it the wrong way. It seems like something that could lead to injury. Thanks :thmbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7_pnfHi6eA&feature=youtu.be

Your head and lower spine is balanced on the wrong leg. You need squat into your rear leg and to stop extending your rear leg before you plant the front foot/leg and transfer your lower spine forward from behind you(FROM BEHIND YOU - watch weight shift video) so your posture remains dynamically athletic/stacked. You can see how your front should gets so far forward with your head and effectively have no shoulder turn. Your spine rotates around so your arm swings down into the ground. Look at Erin's spine, perfectly balanced on the front leg and upright, his spine rotates around to the arm swing is level/parallel to the ground and even slightly upward trajectory.

Camera angle is a little off, but you are sliding to the left and opening right before you plant instead of striding straight and keeping your front hip closed. Note how the guy on the left has his front shoulder braced/stacked over the front knee and ankle, your shoulder is out ahead of the knee and ankle and the knee is collapsed past the ankle. The rear knee should be forward of the hip, yours is behind it. Guy on the left is pulling right through his center core, you are pulling high and outside the center core. A few frames before this pic, you rear butt needs to be stacked right over your ankle to push yourself targetward, your butt is well to the left/falling toward your toes.

Hey again. Haven't posted because I still feel I haven't fully applied all the information I've been given so far, but have been experiencing some annoying shoulder soreness for the past month or so.

I'm going to take a week or two off but was wondering if any of my form flaws may be the culprit here.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Uw-u9fEnc
Thanks.

Still swaying your hips/body to the left side of the tee pad, so you aren't quite using your hips. You also want to keep your swing under your shoulders throughout the whole time, you finish with your arm higher than your shoulder plane which is adding stress to your shoulder. You will notice Will is more upright in the finish as he has posted up on his front hip and his arm is lower or under than the shoulder plane.

Latest posts