• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

In my short career ive probably found something in the neighborhood of 20 discs that had names and numbers on them. Never have I called, because I'm not trying to take my a$$ to the post office or drive out of my way. And I truly believe if you go to a course, and abandon a disc, its no longer yours. I mean, you know the risk your taking and sometimes risk prevails.

I myself have lost about 40 discs with my name and number n never once got a call about a disc. That's also part of the reason I'm sour about returning discs.

N I recently lost my favorite disc, an Orion LF that was PERFECTLY beat in. It wasn't in the water either, but in the rough. I might have been able to find it, but I wasn't driving and had to play on, due to timing. It's been long enough now to where I know someone has already found it and decided not to call.

Karma or coincidence??

**I swear to the disc karma gods that if you return my Orion, I will ALWAYS try to return a found disc!!!**

Last edited:
I myself have prolly lost a couple hundred discs in my career and had 2 returned. Both were when I lived in NC. Since I've lived in TX, not a single person has contacted me about a found disc and EVERY one of mine have name and number. The vast majority of the discs I find have no info. I did keep 1that did but like the previous poster, I am sour about some of my discs I've lost.

In my short career ive probably found something in the neighborhood of 20 discs that had names and numbers on them. Never have I called, because I'm not trying to take my a$$ to the post office or drive out of my way. And I truly believe if you go to a course, and abandon a disc, its no longer yours. I mean, you know the risk your taking and sometimes risk prevails.

I myself have lost about 40 discs with my name and number n never once got a call about a disc. That's also part of the reason I'm sour about returning discs.

N I recently lost my favorite disc, an Orion LF that was PERFECTLY beat in. It wasn't in the water either, but in the rough. I might have been able to find it, but I wasn't driving and had to play on, due to timing. It's been long enough now to where I know someone has already found it and decided not to call.

Karma or coincidence??

**I swear to the disc karma gods that if you return my Orion, I will ALWAYS try to return a found disc!!!**

8484252.jpg

De-friends Scumbag 164StarValkyrie...

I played Carousel Park in DE for the first time yesterday. Really a nice place.

On hole 16 I drove over the trees in between the tee and the basket, then my disc faded hard right and went into the small patch of trees that runs along the green. Couldn't find it for the life of me. Clear/red tie-dye Champion Roadrunner :(

left my teebird plus somewhere at sedgley. its got my name and number on it

Practicing in some headwind off the first tee at glen hilton in hickory nc and a griplock of mine sails over the cedar trees on the right of the fairway and into the backyard of some houses on the other side. I walk through the hedge and see my disc in a backyard. So I head to the house to ask if I can get my disc out of their yard and the old man says sure thing and lets me into the yard. But when we get there, no disc. I'm like, dude I saw the disc in your yard and he responds that there is nobody else there but his elderly sister so I must be mistaken. Total scumbag steve because I saw the disc and decided to be polite instead of jumping the fence into his yard. I would have felt better if he had just been a grumpy old man but lying to my face took balls. A plague upon his family I say and RIP favorite 11x teebird, you will be difficult to replace.

Karma or coincidence??

Wow... There is no way I would ever return a disc of yours... even a piece of crap Orion. Maybe it was ran over my a mower.

De-friends Scumbag 164StarValkyrie...

Scumbag? Well F you too then!! I've lost at least 40+ marked discs and never got a call, so i'm no different than 99% of the people out there. Everyone knows the risk they're taking when they throw their discs around thick rough or water. If you don't like the game, get the hell out!

Wow... There is no way I would ever return a disc of yours... even a piece of crap Orion. Maybe it was ran over my a mower.

Cool! You wouldn't be doin anything different than ANYONE who's ever found one of my discs. N you've obviously never thrown an Orion LF, for that im sorry!

You people can cry all day long about my idea on found/lost discs. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Ive lost at least $500 of marked plastic in my time and never got ANY of it back. On the other hand ive only found and kept like $150 of marked plastic. So sorry I never call. But if even 10% of the people called me back for my discs, I would probably call for every disc found. But until then, i'll keep sticking my hand into the same pot that ive already contributed so much too.

Last edited:
Scumbag? Well F you too then!! I've lost at least 40+ marked discs and never got a call, so i'm no different than 99% of the people out there. Everyone knows the risk they're taking when they throw their discs around thick rough or water. If you don't like the game, get the hell out!

8513018.jpg

That meme generator seems to be getting a work out.

If this is going to turn into an internet fight make a new thread so at least this one doesn't get locked.

8513114.jpg

At the end of the day; it's up to you to do the right thing. It's obvious that you and I don't agree upon what the right thing to do is.

99% of people are not bad. That is just a cop out. People make up stuff like that all the time to do what they want to do without letting a silly thing like their consience get in the way.

At the end of the day; it's up to you to do the right thing. It's obvious that you and I don't agree upon what the right thing to do is.

99% of people are not bad. That is just a cop out. People make up stuff like that all the time to do what they want to do without letting a silly thing like their consience get in the way.

I agree that giving a disc back is the right thing to do in most cases. It's just hard to go out of my way to give it back when no one else does for me. I'm not a complete a$$ though. I've given countless discs away to beginners who needed them more then me. And that's what I usually end up doing with almost every disc I find (Phone number or not).

I said earlier that if I got my Orion returned to me I would Always call for found discs. I will change that and say: If I get a disc returned to me (NO MATTER WHAT IT IS), I will always call on found discs for now on.

Last edited:

Exactly Sir, just because no one (hard to believe) has ever returned any of your disc's does not make t right for you to not attempt to return someone elses disc. I just so happened to find two disc today on the course... Called both right then and there and had them back to them before my round was over. Now I have two new people that one day might find a disk I lose and the first thing they will do is call me... Give it a chance, you know niceness.

...no one (hard to believe) has ever returned any of your disc's...

It is almost hard to believe isn't it? Especially considering the number is at like 40-50. It's true though.

...Give it a chance, you know niceness.

Still waiting for that first returned disc to lower my sour level. When/If that call comes, this will be the first place I let it be known. And then i'll become an honest disc reviver like you.

Last edited:
Still waiting for that first returned disc to lower my sour level. When/If that call comes, this will be the first place I let it be known. And then i'll become an honest disc reviver like you.

Sometimes you have to give to get... and sometimes you just have to give and not expect. That's generally when the getting starts. If your expecting someone to do the right thing for you with the attitude of not doing it for others then it will probably never happen. And if you have lost 40-50 disc and no ones returned any well that kinda sucks but maybe its a little karmic justice... who knows.