• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Just realized that my Green X-Avenger is missing out of my bag. It would have been at Sunset Park when I was playing with Avery last Thursday. I'm going to cry ...

Lost my Pro Beast in the snow on Sunday :doh:

But I went back to the park yesterday after work (and after it had been raining all day) and found it! It only had about an inch visible above the snow and it took like 20 minutes just to walk out there in the snow but it was worth it :thmbup:

i lost my pink opto river in the snow ;-(

I lost my reddish/pinkish champion boss somewhere along the line. I rarely throw it, so when I reached for it, I was like WTF??? It could have fallen out of my bag while playing Zebulon, Cedar Hills, Buckhorn, Cornwallis or Valley Springs, I honestly have no idea when it ran away. Now I'm missing the disc I never throw. :confused:

I plan on playing Cedar Hills tomorrow I'll keep an eye out for it. Though people tend to snatch stuff up pretty quick out there.

Sunday, on #23 I dug in the bag for my 11x Champ FB, only to find I had left it on the course somewhere. I hadn't thrown it for some time, and had no idea where it was. Boy, was I mad.

Today, a couple of my friends came over, and one says his wife found a red Firebird while walking the dog on the course yesterday.

Yup. My disc.

Small towns rule. :thmbup:

Lost my girlfriend's DX Aviar, its blue and 166g i believe, i lost it in the lake at Falcon Pointe dg course in Pflugerville TX on Mar. 5th, it is pretty much dead even with the basket just in the water. It has my girlfriend Cassie's name and number on it, if found please call the number

Freakin 25mph winds just lifting a 30 ft put and throwin it in the lake

Threw my pearly Champ TeeBird in the water at Limona a couple weeks ago, it was a terrible throw but wasn't too far in the water. The water has dried up since... and no TeeBird. It had my name and # on it, too.

Dirty rotten disc stealers!!!

lost my champ orc today while playing a course for the first time. Thats the second time I have lost that disc this year, but hopefully it will come back like it did last time.

Lost my Wolverine in the lake on Saturday. Wasn't too far out, but the water was very muddy and I could only see about 2' out. Tried with my golden retriever for a good hour, but had to give up when my hands went numb. Couldn't sleep thinking about it so I built a 3.5' wide rake out of PVC. Got it on the second toss. B-)

I also lost my swirly *FL in the lake a few weeks ago on a blind shot. The lake was mostly frozen, but there was a 2' section of thawed ice all around the shore. Must have snuck in there. My only fear is that it landed on the ice, slid across the lake, and then fell in somewhere I won't think to look. Gonna go back with my giant rake today and try to get it. I've never permanently lost a disc and I don't want to start now.

I was playing Hyland in Bloomington, MN. The course is built on an urban ski and snowboard area. Hole #18 is over 700', straight down the steepest slope on the property. Decide I want to unload my bag on the hole, just for the experience. It was AWESOME. until I threw

First throw, champ teebird, i dye (very pretty one). Try to turn it right a bit and choke hard. Threw it hard, but way too far up in the air. Takes a huge left turn and dives into some super tall grass on a non-skiiable area. So instead of going to look for it, I throw another

Oooh, great idea, throw a 161 champ monarch. Throw it, thing rises like a... um... tech stock in the year 2000 (I can hear Conan singing it now...). Stalls out, crashes into a grove of pine trees, right next to the grass

So I throw my mako. In frustration. It goes roughly 600' in the air, directly on line. No turn, no fade, glides straight down the hill and I manage a par...

if you don't count the 2 discs I couldn't find after about 20 minutes of looking through a knee high, allergy attacking grass patch. Lowest moment of my disc career (so far)

Lost a Glo Roc (Green Stamp) on #6 at Zebulon. Took the anny route and hit the tree that is almost completely straight. Disc decided to fly about 50ft+ do the left and I couldn't find it.

Bought one of the -- now out of stock -- test run R-Pro Asia Open Tanks. GREAT DISC!!! Thought I'd left it at a course one day, so I bought a new one., the test run R-Pro Las Vegas Gentleman's Club Challenge Tank. Well, my buddy ended up finding the Asia Open Tank under his seat. Cool beans. I got my thrower back. The L.V. Gentleman's Club Challenge Tank hangs on the wall in MINT condition.

So aaaaaaaannnnnhhhhhhways....

...super windy day at Greenbriar Comm. Center Hole #15. OB WIFF!!! over the sidewalk on the left. Complete slip out of hand, hits tree high, OB 30 ft in front of box.

2nd shot.....tank. COMPLETE WIFF!!! Flutters right and into the lake. 20ft out.

OOOOMMMMMGGGGGG.

We blind retriever for a while and my buddy's retriever gets snagged, totally stuck, and the nylon string breaks.

BAM!!!! Just like that, 50+ worth of stuff swimming at the bottom of the lake.

SWIM TIME!!! I jump in, taking dives and shuffling across the bottom. 8ft deep.

END RESULT----

1 Champ Firebird
1 Z Nuke
1 Star Wraith
1 "snapped off string" Golden Retriever
AND

Myyyyyyyyyy TANK!!!

WOOT WOOT

I threw my leopard from a tee at Audubon in DFW that's next to an overpass, and discovered a headwind we couldn't feel from the tee. My Leopard unexpectedly rose about 150 feet and did a 90 degree right turn up onto the overpass. LOTS of cars speeding across it. I wrote it off, but a gent we'd just met that day ran up there and got it, and it was not damaged at all! :)

Fairway Flyers DG Store, MN

Some bozo jaked my brand new Predator Z at Bryant and a month later some nice kid said he would turn it in at Fairway flyers as they provide that service... Well, my disc has my information on it as you can assertain and wouldnt you know it... When I called up to go get my property the people at this shop had no idea where it was... funny, what a little lighter fluid can do for a bottom line... More humorous still is what this practice does to one's rep. This isnt the first case of this theft going on here and it wont be the last.

Rude sales people and a proprieter who makes new clients as well as returning ones feel dumb... Avoid this place, its spendy and you will leave feeling like someone whom just had a leak taken on their shoes and had the owner has the guts to inform you it's only raining. :thmbdown:

kinda petty when all it was over was a hunk of plastic and a few bucks..:sick:

try fairway flyers... they have a way of coming up with other peoples things... sorry if this seems like bad mouthing them for my misfortune. But then again I dont see any Gotta Go Gotta Throw doing this type of thing.

I just started disc golfing again after about a 12 year absence. I take my 4 yr old son out with me to my home course (Maytag Park) and at the end of last season (late November) he lost my old-school Cyclone that was beat in and was a perfect roller. I was bummed since that was the first driver I bought back in the mid 90's. It had my name on it but I never got it back. So this weekend I played in a tournament in Oskaloosa (45 miles or so away from my home course) and in the 2nd round I noticed one of the guys I was playing with had a Cyclone that looked a lot like the one I lost. I told him I used to have one of those but I lost it. He told me he had found it on a course somewhere. I asked him if I could look at it and sure enough, there's my name written on the back. I asked him if he cared if I took it back after the round and he gave it back immediately. He also said he hadn't thrown it all day and just decided to throw it that one time since he wasn't playing very well at all. I was happy to get my old Cyclone back.

Latest posts