• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Low fade

Try an Escape.

I own 5 of them and they're the straightest 9 speed drivers I've thrown.

Going to be a harder disc to find the higher the speed. Also depends on your power level and style. Lots of options though if you hyzer-flip them.

Buy one of those suggested drivers that have very low fade but not quite no fade used. The fade gets beaten out of them. I have an Avenger SS that been in my bag for a few year that has no fade left. It's worn in well and is straight as an arrow when thrown with a little hyzer.

Not possible, not made. Your best bet is to get an understable disc like a Roadrunner and Hyzerflip it.

Eyyyeeeeep. Only way to laserbeam a high-speed driver is hyzer flipping it. Anything in that wide-rimmed speed range will either have to be massively understable to have that low of fade, or will still have higher fade/LSS. A Discmania CD, Prodigy D4, Discraft Crank SS, Dynamic Escape, Innova Tern, Katana, Valk, or Krait, or a Westside Sword all do beautiful jobs hyzerflipping, depending on the speed you're looking for.

Honestly though, if I want straight more than anything, then a mellow Teebird (ie. not a beefy champ) is a great option. They don't have much fade and go surprisingly far for speed 7.

I'd still go back to the first response in the thread. A seasoned TL or River. Will flip, go straighter, longer and less fade than a T-bird of similar condition.

Slightly seasoned or lighter weight stable molds like volt/pd/tesla all are capable of flying on a frozen rope type shot ala deeeee longer teebird which also has fade when new.

Like normal most these people are just talking crazy.

What I've found is, for drivers on laser lines, it's hard to do with a high speed driver thrown to speed. You have to manipulate the shot out of the disc. Like, hyzer flip an US driver into a slight turn, or put a slight anhyzer on a more stable one. It's a higher degree of difficulty shot to repeat consistently.

I have better results with a slower driver with good HSS, and just 'overthrowing' it. Throwing it beyond it's speed rating, in other words. I get OK results with Servos or Clashes.

The closest driver I've thrown to this are a few Amps I have that molded up with higher PLH than most. They fly like Volts with some of the fade beat out of them.

But working on getting mids out there is the best option. I throw neutral mids when the top shot requirement is a straight finish.

Last edited:
Must finish straight?
R pro Roc :)

or

Roadrunner hyzerflip
sometimes leopard, but RR is easier to throw strait for me.

It's amazing how far you can put those midranges.

Hatchets are great for this. The fade number is listed at 2 but I think most would agree it's closer to 1. Easy distance with minimal fade.

Latest posts