• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What are some low HSS, high LSS shot-shaping monsters?

For max D, broken in Mayhems cover this role well for me. My backhand has a lot more power than my forehand, so the same Mayhem that flips over and holds the turn to the ground backhand is a glidey straight to fade disc for my flick.

Moose just brought the ogopogo to my attention, 9 4 -2 5 I haven't thrown one but they are in a super soft plastic apparently, the mammoth and Buffalo are firmer plastic clocking in at 9 4 -1 5 (same mold)

For max D, broken in Mayhems cover this role well for me. My backhand has a lot more power than my forehand, so the same Mayhem that flips over and holds the turn to the ground backhand is a glidey straight to fade disc for my flick.

Have you (or anyone else) tried a Streamline Jet? I have a stiff domey Neutron that has been collecting dust. Pulled it out today and am blown away by the feel, especially when my hands are dry. It feels perfect in my BH grip. Not sure how it flies currently but I'm going to add it to the possibility mix since I've been wanting to add an understable 2.1-2.2cm disc to my bag, something flippier than my flippiest wraiths (beat echos and Pros). I think the Jet could be the one. Pretty sure the Jet is going to flip but I'm not sure about its LSS. 11, 5, -3, 2 are the numbers. Nemeses have a 1.9cm rim fwiw. I've been busting out my calipers a lot lately. Pdga specs say the Nemesis is a 2.0cm rim. It's not. In fact many discs i own have rims narrower than pdga specs. My wraiths and jet are a few of the outliers that are actually accurate to rim width spec.

Last edited:
Check out the Reptilian Iguana (formerly the Black Zombie Crossbow). Essentially the mid version of the Reptilian Chameleon described above, flight-wise.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142402

Appreciate the recommendation. I do love the Repto stuff I have, so it may be time for another order. My Stego now goes a whole 5' after leaving my hand before diving for the earth, so it's probably time to replace it with something less broken in. :p

Have you (or anyone else) tried a Streamline Jet? I have a stiff domey Neutron that has been collecting dust. Pulled it out today and am blown away by the feel, especially when my hands are dry. It feels perfect in my BH grip. Not sure how it flies currently but I'm going to add it to the possibility mix since I've been wanting to add an understable 2.1-2.2cm disc to my bag, something flippier than my flippiest wraiths (beat echos and Pros). I think the Jet could be the one. Pretty sure the Jet is going to flip but I'm not sure about its LSS. 11, 5, -3, 2 are the numbers. Nemeses have a 1.9cm rim fwiw. I've been busting out my calipers a lot lately. Pdga specs say the Nemesis is a 2.0cm rim. It's not. In fact many discs i own have rims narrower than pdga specs. My wraiths and jet are a few of the outliers that are actually accurate to rim width spec.

I haven't thrown the Jet, or the Nemesis for what it's worth.

I've thrown 1 Jet. I'd put it at something like 12, 4, -2, 3. Bit of a flat disc, which seems to limit glide somewhat. Decent initial turn followed by a dumpy, inelegant late fade. OK disc for S curves, but it isn't a max distance bomber for me.

I've thrown 1 Jet. I'd put it at something like 12, 4, -2, 3. Bit of a flat disc, which seems to limit glide somewhat. Decent initial turn followed by a dumpy, inelegant late fade. OK disc for S curves, but it isn't a max distance bomber for me.

Interesting! My Neutron Jet has a solid dome. It legitimately might be my only MVP manufactured disc with dome. I'd give it a 5-Somewhat Domey on the OTB scale. Attached a pic.

I also can no longer assume that flat discs are glideless after throwing the Nemesis. Everything I thought I knew is wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_20230619_162133.jpg
    IMG_20230619_162133.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 9
Interesting! My Neutron Jet has a solid dome. It legitimately might be my only MVP manufactured disc with dome. I'd give it a 5-Somewhat Domey on the OTB scale. Attached a pic.

I also can no longer assume that flat discs are glideless after throwing the Nemesis. Everything I thought I knew is wrong.

Honestly, for what the Jet showed I'd throw an Enigma instead. Way better glide, and it holds turn longer and fades less.

Even a Paradigm is better than the Jet.

Air Justice is decent if you're not needing much distance.

To me, there is hardly a thing as a disc that turns a lot and also fades a lot. I read about, searched for, and field tested many.

At the distance I can generate, 300-325 BH, discs that do turn will fade less. Discs that don't turn fade more.

The only discs I've tried that seems like it MIGHT of had big turn and still significant fade were a beat base plastic firebird and beat base plastic volt.

Didn't get too much experience with either because they just started seeming squirrely
(inconsistent and hard to control) until a late release that right turn worsened put them in thick rough with endless vines.

Throws that did kind of work out weren't as good as I hoped for and I got more out of just trying to make slightly US discs fly nice. Something like a premium plastic SW or valk will have moderate turn and fade. Usually plenty to work some zigzag magic

I always had trouble accepting the concept that I use the same disc for straight and S curve.

But for me, SW's gonna go overall straight by scooting right of that mid-fairway trouble and fading back enough given slight hyzer and not too windy

I haven't really found a holy grail yet, but the one group of discs that are more "prone" to this kind of flight are the blizzard / air discs. The light weight discs (generally) come out a bit faster so you can get them to turn, but they also slow down faster meaning the fade will kick in stronger.

In my bag closest thing to what the op is looking for would be a really beat-in Hybrid Felon that has some turn but still a strong fade at the end.

When I asked a similar question some years ago, the winner seemed to be Eagle though I haven't thrown one.

I haven't really found a holy grail yet, but the one group of discs that are more "prone" to this kind of flight are the blizzard / air discs. The light weight discs (generally) come out a bit faster so you can get them to turn, but they also slow down faster meaning the fade will kick in stronger.

In my bag closest thing to what the op is looking for would be a really beat-in Hybrid Felon that has some turn but still a strong fade at the end.

When I asked a similar question some years ago, the winner seemed to be Eagle though I haven't thrown one.
lightweight Eagle.

Flippy at high speeds and OS at low speeds. S curve monsters. This is such a unique shot shape that I've recently discovered that I had already in the Legacy Nemesis, a disc I hadn't thrown since I was a beginner. The numbers are 10 6 -4 2 but my honey bee pinnacle flies like a 10 6 -2 2 and my legend flies more like 10 6 -3 2. They are not too flippy and even perform adequately in the wind. Flat profile helps. I also play from 4500 to 6500 ft so that probably helps as well. Anyway, they are amazing.

My game has been transformed by this disc and I need more discs like it stat!

Looking for any molds/runs of molds out there with this capability.
The most extreme disc I've come across with the flight characteristics described is the Aerobie Epic thrown on a conventional forehand or backhand. At high speeds it is extremely flippy. At low speeds it has a big fat meathook of a fading finish. I would also put a 150 Flick into this category, but to really get as extreme as the Epic it has to really be seasoned from a few years of play.

How long must I wait to get my paws on this little slice of heaven?
They are available now with F2s(that have very tiny flaws if mine are any example) for $11!

And they are very good, a little extra beef and I've been parking holes with it all week.

Latest posts