• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Making the switch. What pairs/compliments well with the Buzzz?

sparty4

Par Member
So I've been throwing Rocs for as long as I can remember and they haven't treated me poorly by any means, but last week I threw a few of my friend's Buzzzs and they just feel so much better in the hand.

SO...I've made a few trades and got a nice 10th anniversary coming my way courtesy of MasterJoda (Thanks by the way).

What pairs well with the Buzzz? From the throws I had, it had some nice stability to it but I need to figure out what will pair well?

Understable: Is there a Buzzz in a different plastic that can fill this slot?
Stable: Buzzz

an overstable compliment of a drone or a hornet wouldn't be a bad idea.

I use a seasoned Comet for stable/understable, a Buzzz for stable, and a Hornet for overstable. I also use an overstable putter (usually Zone, testing out the Pig), but I could get away without it.

Wasp (flat of course), Hornet, Drone (if you can find 1 that makes weight lol good luck)

A Buzzz SS is similar to a buzzz in feel but it's understable. Good to have in the bag since it feels like a Buzzz and will beat up into something more flippy.

Really though, you could get a Ti Buzzz, Z Buzzz and a Light Z buzzz to cover all the shots lol.

Comet, Buzzz, Drone is a great combo platter.

Really though, you could get a Ti Buzzz, Z Buzzz and a Light Z buzzz to cover all the shots lol.

Will a Ti Buzzz be more stable than the Z? I like the idea of having minimal molds in the bag, so this would be great.

Also, picked up a DD Suspect and am loving it so far. Not sure how much overlap that would have with the Zone/Drone recommendations

My suggestion would be Meteor & M3. (if you feel the meteor is too understable you def want to look at a M4).

- i got to test throw a suspect few times today, and it is fairly similar to Zone, but I feel M3 will give you more distance if you are looking for that. Suspect/Zone/drone will be shorter and dump harder than a Wasp or M3.

Last edited:
You really can't go wrong with Discraft's midrange lineup. Meteor, Comet, Buzzz, Hornet, Wasp, Drone. Everything you could need.

Vector/Axis/Tangent are mighty tasty too.

Will a Ti Buzzz be more stable than the Z? I like the idea of having minimal molds in the bag, so this would be great.

Also, picked up a DD Suspect and am loving it so far. Not sure how much overlap that would have with the Zone/Drone recommendations

It will but only so much. I'd suggest getting a Flat Z Wasp in addition. OR a Hornet. I use a hornet instead of a flat z wasp because flat z wasps can be annoying to find.

The suspect will be about the same as a zone, zone is a tad more overstable, and since it's so fast for a tweener, I think it could overlap with the drone a little bit.

Don't buy a Zone or Drone if you already like the Suspect. I'd say a Z Wasp and Buzzz SS or Meteor if you're looking for bookends to the Z Buzzz.

Thanks everyone for such quick feedback and advice, this is extremely helpful. From the recommendations I've been getting, this is what I'm leaning towards as my mid lineup:

Understable: Buzzz SS
Stable: Buzzz Z

Thanks everyone for such quick feedback and advice, this is extremely helpful. From the recommendations I've been getting, this is what I'm leaning towards as my mid lineup:

Understable: Buzzz SS
Stable: Buzzz Z

I'd suggest holding a hornet and flat wasp. Hornet has a microbead if at all. Wasp has a bead like a roc, but just like rocs, if they aren't flat they aren't super stable lol.

I'd suggest holding a hornet and flat wasp. Hornet has a microbead if at all. Wasp has a bead like a roc, but just like rocs, if they aren't flat they aren't super stable lol.

Just when I thought I had it all figured out haha. I think the lack of bead on the Buzzz is what drew me in, so the Hornet way me the better option. Stability wise, how much more stable is the Hornet compared to the Wasp?

Get a heavy GL Fuse for a less stable compliment. It will feel similar in your hand, and hit magical analyzer and turnover shots with glide the Buzzz doesn't have.

Since the flat wasp's are kinda rare these days, I personally went with the drone. The hornet was also an option but it just didnt feel as good in hand and on the release. BUT recently I have replaced the drone with a Vibram Obex which I really dig since it throws like a wasp but is a tad bit more stable, and they are commonly flat from the factory so you can pick one up easily and doesn't need any break in.

Just when I thought I had it all figured out haha. I think the lack of bead on the Buzzz is what drew me in, so the Hornet way me the better option. Stability wise, how much more stable is the Hornet compared to the Wasp?

A hornet is basically a flat z wasp, maybe a tick more stable. Not much. Drone is the overstable goodness out of discraft except they are overweight.

I've tried pairing it with other things, but it never works for me. Right now, I have a Z and an Elite X. I'll probably add another Z soon, though, because mine is starting to beat into straight without fade.

I also have a Zone, but I don't really consider that as being paired with my Buzzz. It resides in its own category within my bag.

Most people will probably tell you some of the following are good for matching with Buzzzes. They are listed by my personal preference. A question mark means that I haven't thrown it personally:

Overstable:
Zone
Hornet
Nebula
Drone?
Wasp?
Pain?

Understable:
Buzzz SS
Meteor
Fuse
Tursas?