• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill

Jeronimo said:
ZOMG I cleared the pond on hole 1 from the blue tee! :mrgreen:
NICE. I've had the distance to do it several times but haven't had the balls to go straight over. Throwing LHBH I go over the trees on 2's fairway and hyzer in hopefully by the 10down sign.

Dig It said:
How long is that hole?

A 480' drive is required to clear the center of the pond. Clearing the center of the pond gives a look at a risky birdie three. In 2009, the pin was moved back about 70 feet into a peninsula green. To punch into the peninsula green means a good shot at birdie. To go for the birdie and trail off left or right means a good shot at bogey as the green is surrounded by OB. Maybe you should settle for the par 4 to start your day. Welcome to Maple Hill.
Hole 1 Airplanes / 760 Feet / Par 4

From the VO website

That is a seriously intimidating hole from the tee, I had jitters before and during the flight. I was even saying my farewells to my ESP Force just before throwing.

I love the tee sign..."Get over it"

That's one hell of a throw, making it over the pond. I didn't have the distance, and certainly not the balls, so I laid up near the edge.

Oh yes, its also one of those holes that says "are you sure you want to play the blue course?" from the get-go.

I still haven't played the new pin position. Furthest I've landed from the blue was about 30' past the white basket.

nice drive kid said:
I still haven't played the new pin position. Furthest I've landed from the blue was about 30' past the white basket.

And you throw BOMBS. Just think, I saw Avery put one 100 feet up the road on the other side.....right in the freekin middle.

Latest posts