• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 MVP Open at Maple Hill

Realy poor performance from the lead card in R4. . 20 players shoot better than the best player on the lead card. . .and that was Eagle who was by far the best player on the lead card!!

I don´t know if this i tru ,but i sure feels like Kristin is WAY better on the F9s than the back the last tournaments.

If my math is correct Kristen avg 999,5 in MVP open, or will that low rated 961 R3 round be scratched?

Last year at MVP Open she avg 986.

Realy poor performance from the lead card in R4. . 20 players shoot better than the best player on the lead card. . .and that was Eagle who was by far the best player on the lead card!!
True, true. However if you only look at the positions gained/lost, Eagle actually gained one spot. They just all got beat by a chase card wonder. And I'm glad they took a beating, and not lost by only 1. 4 strokes for the winner shuts everyone up. At one point I was hoping for a more than 2 players playoff but this one dude was just unstoppable.

Big props to Orum, the dude has not won a big one in 20y. .the pressure he must have feelt on that B9 must have been huge. . .all those thought about "beeing close" . . .and he pulls of an insane B9!! . ..

If my math is correct Kristen avg 999,5 in MVP open, or will that low rated 961 R3 round be scratched?

Last year at MVP Open she avg 986.
961 will stay. She is only dropping rounds ~930 and below due to STDEV.

Still has USWDGC to maintain/improve her rating. She didn't shoot much above for MVP Open but next update will drop '22 Worlds, Butler County, and GMC rounds + '23 PCS and EO rounds drop to single weighted. I have her at needing ~1004 average over the USWDGC to get to 999.5.

Cool to see another 'new' winner in MPO. He shot really consistent golf and really didn't lead in any one category out there. Top 10 in a bunch of the UDisc stats for the event.

Way to go Matty O!!!!!! So happy for that guy. Always pull for him. The wonder kid with the Yankees jersey from '05 Worlds has pulled through - and from the chase card makes this even more special. Props to Callaway for a great tourney - like to see him play well. Also, how 'bout that Gavin Babcock with the -10 final round!

Pretty emotional finish there. Props to Gatekeeper for just letting the cameras roll and the crowds roar.

Matty O hold my D

Uhhhh, I am just now noticing this: What, in all that is holy happened to Anthony Barela?! He ended with a +20! Is Maple Hill just not his kinda track? Anybody see any of his rounds?

Uhhhh, I am just now noticing this: What, in all that is holy happened to Anthony Barela?! He ended with a +20! Is Maple Hill just not his kinda track? Anybody see any of his rounds?
I would imagine he's just fine with most of the shot shapes required on that course, other than like hole 6 maybe. If I had to surmise, I would say that the randomness of this course probably got into his head to the point where he lost focus. Sometimes it feels like the course is against you and AB seems to run hot when he has the momentum but can get chilly when things get hairy (looking at you hole 17 @the beast). I could see the wind messing with his putting as well. He had top 10 locked up already for the Tour Championship and would've had to place better than 10th just for it to count toward his standings.

If you look at his DGPT finishes this year, his MVP Open performance is basically in line with his season, top 10 or way back:
T8th,
T51st
T2nd
2nd
T13th
T15th
T6th
T20th
T5th
T11th
T3rd
T39th