• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marm O. discs

Damn that's actually pretty sweet. They need to hire you to redo their signature Wysocki Destroyers & Barsby Roadrunners

So I got some of my disc stamps in the mail. Three stamp designs received in two days! Fantastic week, for sure!
First up, the King Cobra stamp. Y'all have already seen this one but I think it's fantastic. She sure flies well; I got to play a round in the woods with her today. I love Cobras and this makes a great stable/overstable complement to the DX Cobras. And I love looking at the stamp :) Does that sound arrogant? I hope not.
king-cobra-photo-small.jpg

The next disc is another collaboration with Element Discs. This isn't my usual illustrative style, but I had fun doing it. If you get one with holographic foils, then the stamp just sings in the sunlight! I can't wait to do the other four elements (they count Spirit as an element)!
fire-mandala-photo-small.jpg

And finally, the one I poured my heart and soul into. The Gold Digger stamp. I usually don't like doing holiday themed stamps. I think most of them are kitschy. Some are well done, but those are in the minority. However, I felt there was enough fun to be had in this one that I went ahead and drew it up. Compositionally speaking, I left it all on the table; I worked really hard on the composition, probably the hardest I've ever worked on an illustrations's geometry. I think it works well as a whole, but I still like the black and white version better. There's something about black and white that just calls to me. Its tough for me to pick a favorite stamp I've ever done, but this one would definitely be up there. The King Cobra is pretty high, too... top 10 for sure. Gold Digger is in the top 3. Anyway. Rambles. Here it is:
greedy-leprechaun-photo-small.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Marm O., love that element stamp! Simply gorgeous. I see that Infinite recently posted a batch of Envies with it, but I'm curious why they're on Envies if you were commissioned by Element. How does that work? Understood if that's too much on the business side and you can't answer. Regardless, it looks like I'll be ordering another Envy that I don't actually need because that is just too pretty to pass up.

Also, just want to say that you NAILED that King Cobra. The new style of Innova stock stamps, similar to the Discraft Big Z style, are really not my preferred look but for what you were commissioned to produce you absolutely knocked it out of the park. Way better than the Ricky Destroyers and GB Roadrunners.

Hey Marm O., love that element stamp! Simply gorgeous. I see that Infinite recently posted a batch of Envies with it, but I'm curious why they're on Envies if you were commissioned by Element. How does that work? Understood if that's too much on the business side and you can't answer. Regardless, it looks like I'll be ordering another Envy that I don't actually need because that is just too pretty to pass up.

Also, just want to say that you NAILED that King Cobra. The new style of Innova stock stamps, similar to the Discraft Big Z style, are really not my preferred look but for what you were commissioned to produce you absolutely knocked it out of the park. Way better than the Ricky Destroyers and GB Roadrunners.

Thanks!
Background info:
Because the stamp is a three foil stamp, the owner of Element Discs (Keith) had to order at least x # of discs. Since he operates his company in a very grassroots style, he was concerned about being able to sell the entire run. Infinite was willing to step in and sell some so that he was comfortable ordering the stamp.

As it turns out, the stamp was very popular and Keith probably could easily have sold the whole run on his own.

The deal they struck IIRC was that Infinite got Envies and Keith got the stamp on several other molds spanning the MVP/Axiom/Streamline lineup.

The dies used to stamp the discs were sold; there will be no more of these discs stamped. However, when my workload permits, I'll do the next elements in the series.

If you want to stay on top of all this info, or if you want to find out about the next pre-order, you should join the MVP Fan Club Facebook group. It's a private group but they let everybody in.

Thanks for the compliments :)

...I'm curious why they're on Envies if you were commissioned by Element.
I don't think I ever answered your question; let me fix that.
You are correct, Element released models like the Chromium, Lithium, Iridium, etc. After many production and supply issues, Keith realized is was more fun to focus on custom stamps and let other manufacturers worry about the production logistics. The Element brand is all about custom stamps, clothing, and accessories right now. The disc lineup might return, but it won't be in the next month or two.

Hope this helps!

How can I find these Element stamps on infintediscs? Or where else would I have to look for them?

Unfortunately they are now mixed in with all the other Envies. After you search for "Envy" on their site, I think there are 15 pages of Envies to look through; the thumbnails will tell you which stamp is on the disc. I wish there was an easy-button for this but I can't see one.

EDIT: Page 9 is where they started for me.

Thanks Marm. Yes, to answer directly (sorry, haven't been on DGCR in a while)... We stopped manufacturing about 2 years ago I think... but we still love to put work out there, and we do a lot of custom stamping with artists and we do apparel (hats, shirts, sweatshirts, etc). The brand is still going strong, and we didn't feel like we needed to drop the brand as we transitioned out of our direct manufacturing and into more custom work on other established brands. Thanks for the question, and yes - cannot wait to Marm gets some time to create the next Mandala in the series...

Nice bud, you put together the logo for the name of the disc too? Good stuff

Disc Golf United released my Mako3 stamp today. For the first time ever, the Mako3 is now available in KC Pro plastic! It's truly a great mold and a great plastic. I'm hoping y'all think my stamp is great so that it completes the hat trick!

These will only be available at DGU from what I'm told.

kc-pro-mako3-photo-small.jpg

Great work on the disc and the KC Pro plastic! Received my two Mako3's and they are even better looking in person. Cant wait to get out this weekend and take them for a spin. :thmbup::clap:

Nice bud, you put together the logo for the name of the disc too? Good stuff
Yes, I designed the wordmark as well. I love typography, though isn't the greatest example. The next disc I post will prove the point a bit better wink wink :)

Great work on the disc and the KC Pro plastic! Received my two Mako3's and they are even better looking in person. Cant wait to get out this weekend and take them for a spin. :thmbup::clap:
Thanks so much! You just made my day :) They are great flyers for me. FWIW, HERE is a link to my field practice session with them. I found them to be a very useful stability and, if the Champs are as OS as others say, then a multiple plastic lineup might be a fantastic solution for the midrange lineup. Obviously, a true-OS mid would still be needed, but the rest of the stabilities should be covered with just Mako3s in various plastics.

Yes, I designed the wordmark as well. I love typography, though isn't the greatest example. The next disc I post will prove the point a bit better wink wink :)

Thanks so much! You just made my day :) They are great flyers for me. FWIW, HERE is a link to my field practice session with them. I found them to be a very useful stability and, if the Champs are as OS as others say, then a multiple plastic lineup might be a fantastic solution for the midrange lineup. Obviously, a true-OS mid would still be needed, but the rest of the stabilities should be covered with just Mako3s in various plastics.

Speaking of beefier champ Mako3s, the Sexton Shootout ones from last year are slightly domey and quite stable for a mako3. Possibly enough difference to bag alongside your KC Mako3s.

MVP asked me to do the stamp for the SE Plasma Motion. This plastic is SPECTACULAR! I'm in love! I wish every plastic could be this beautiful :) This disc has an iridescent sheen to it which is difficult to capture in-camera. The video which I loaded HERE does a better job than the photo.
se-plasma-motion-small.jpg