• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeth re-signs with Adidas, for money!

^ I'm pretty sure Paige mentioned leaving her Keen's in AU, because they stunk and she could get all the new ones she wanted once home.

They need to make a wide model now.
I was going to post this. I would definitely wear Adidas if they made wider widths. I wear Keens and their standard widths are fine, but Adidas shoes have always been too narrow.

Keen already sponsors several top pros, including Nate Doss and one or two other big names. They also had a pretty big presence at 2014 Worlds, with basket ads and large banners stuck along the walkways between holes
This is how I first heard of the brand, just happened to notice they were a USDGC sponsor. I'm on my second pair, the red Japan Open Kozos. And let me tell you, wearing red shoes takes balls.

^ I'm pretty sure Paige mentioned leaving her Keen's in AU, because they stunk and she could get all the new ones she wanted once home.

Merrells with the antimicrobial treatment are the only shoes i have owned that don't stink..

Not a very shining endorsement of the product. :\

Any shoe will stink after awhile if you play a lot of disc golf in adverse conditions.

A shoe smelling says nothing about the actual performance.

I left a disc in my friends car who smokes. When I grabbed it from him, it reeked of cigarettes. Had it been an MVP disc, would I have been right to say that the disc was inferior?

Last edited:
Any shoe will stink after awhile if you play a lot of disc golf in adverse conditions.

I left a disc in my friends car who smokes. When I grabbed it from him, it reeked of cigarettes. Had it been an MVP disc, would I have been right to say that the disc was inferior?

...and some peoples biology makes them smell worse than other peoples.

I love Keen shoes, but I don't buy them. So comfy, for about a month for me. Then they're worn out.

It's just weird that she would say that. "The shoe was stinky, but it's ok because they can give me another pair." (Paraphrased since I have no idea what she actually posted)

So basically she is thankful for the opportunity to be sponsored and have more shoes available should she need them. I'll admit her break with Prodigy has left me wary of what she says about sponsors, so this is all good.

^^ I also found her comments to be cringe worthy. First, as you mentioned, it is not much of an endorsement. Second, it came off as though she was taking advantage of her sponsor. Throwing away 2 pair of shoes, because it would have been inconvenient to travel with them, seems a bit much. Lastly, it just wasn't very endearing. Anybody who says they just throw away clothes/shoes, just because they can, comes across as a jerk imo.

In regards to Paul, good on him. He earned his money. As someone who owned a pair of the Terrex prior to him signing with Adidas, and has now been shopping for a new pair recently, I can say the demand is much greater now. Prices are much higher, and it is near impossible to find a sale, since the product is moving just fine at full retail. Hopefully this will set a precedent, and some other shoe manufacturers with follow.

I think sponsored athletes do that sort of thing all of the time. If someone was wearing disgusting shoes/jerseys/etc. from their sponsor it doesn't just look old and unappealing, but you start wondering why the athlete doesn't have new gear. Sponsored athletes don't need to wear out their equipment until there's nothing left, although most of us do. They need to show that the stuff works and looks good, including looking new and appealing. If I was sponsoring someone I'd rather they had crisp looking equipment rather than a run down version that doesn't attract attention. Look at how often pro disc golfers get new backpacks, compared to how long most of us use ours and are completely happy with them.

This is how I first heard of the brand, just happened to notice they were a USDGC sponsor. I'm on my second pair, the red Japan Open Kozos. And let me tell you, wearing red shoes takes balls.

Yeah, unless Adidas either comes out with a Wide cut version of the Terrex or there's a killer sale on them again when I'm in the market for a new pair, I'm going back to a derivative of the Marshall (I think it's called Saltzman now, or the Nasu's) because they're so much more comfortable. I'm also not the biggest fan of the Adidas tread pattern until it's been worn down a bit; makes the shoe too unstable on teepads for my liking.

Just got my terrex swift r in the mail. They are a little tight in the toe box. Pinky toe is a little squished. They def need broken in (they are very stiff) before i know if they will fit well or not. The shoe length is fine.

Im worried about the speed lacing system as well. Seems a tad flimsy and could possibly loosen during a round. They also dont feel/look very breathable (i didnt get the gore tex version).

Shoe looks amazing though and feels very solid. I wouldnt pay over 100$ for these. If you can find them for 80$ or under i think thats a good price point (i paid 66$ shipped)

Just got my terrex swift r in the mail. They are a little tight in the toe box. Pinky toe is a little squished. They def need broken in (they are very stiff) before i know if they will fit well or not. The shoe length is fine.

Im worried about the speed lacing system as well. Seems a tad flimsy and could possibly loosen during a round. They also dont feel/look very breathable (i didnt get the gore tex version).

Shoe looks amazing though and feels very solid. I wouldnt pay over 100$ for these. If you can find them for 80$ or under i think thats a good price point (i paid 66$ shipped)

I was also skeptical of the lacing system at first, but now I love it. They have never came loose while I'm wearing them.

Are you guys playing a ton of wet rounds? The GTX didn't breathe well enough for me and we don't get many rainy days in Socal.

I don't usually play rain rounds unless it's barely raining or I'm in a tournament, although I do play after rain a fair bit. That being said, this isn't the main benefit of having a waterproof shoe IMHO; it's being able to step in shallow streams to get my disc back or cross the stream in a more direct manner. My home course has a stream which runs along a fair few holes, and having a waterproof shoe has made it so much easier to get my discs out of the stream. There are also several other courses I've played rather frequently where this was also a huge benefit. It's just so much more convenient to be able to either just stand and reach my disc in the creek, or get way closer to fish it out with a branch.

Latest posts