• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McGlow Roc3

Anyone finding these to be pretty straight out of the box? Powered down it will hold a hyzer but on a full rip I'm seeing less hook up than I expected. Not a bad slot to have, just didn't start as OS as I thought it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone finding these to be pretty straight out of the box? Powered down it will hold a hyzer but on a full rip I'm seeing less hook up than I expected. Not a bad slot to have, just didn't start as OS as I thought it would.

Every Roc3 I've tried, including Metal Flake Champ Roc3s, have been not all that overstable. Usually straight with a fade at the end. I haven't tried a Glow Roc3 (yet), but it does not surprised me at all that it's relatively straight if flown flat.

I havent thrown it that much, but it flies like all my other fresh McPro Roc3's. Ever-so-slightly more stable all around than a DX. Thats just how the Roc3 flies.

I was surprised that mine were not any more stable than last year's model new. I think they will take longer to ear though.

Mine was very straight out of the box, thrown a good bit of rounds with it and it has yet to change it's flight.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I love the DX. They get flippy real quick but are great if you have a clean hyzer throw. The glide seems to increase with every tick of stability lost. I keep a few around that I beat in a little and swap them in when I lose or might lose a good mcpro that I am in tune with.

Regarding the glows, I am not seeing much difference from the standard mcpro (which is a good thing) except that the plastic definitely is a bit more durable and the top is more my style (flat across with sharper shoulders instead of a little dome in the middle). Mine has already lost a lot of LSS but isn't flipping up flat as easily as my previous main mcpro thrower yet. I think a few more scrapes will help it glide more and flip earlier. I traded an early run mcpro for two more of these so I have enough to throw now. The current thrower is definitely staying in the bag and will replace the last non-glow mcpro once it's done. Hopefully it lasts a little longer.

ALso just to brag on this mold in general, Mcpro r3's are a perfect compliment to my KC pro rocs. The KC's perform well at closer to full power and the mcpro's can shape similar lines with less height or power if needed. If I need to finesse something, I throw the r3. If I need to trust something, I throw the KC. Good stuff.

Seems like just as good as any thread for me to ask this, but can someone tell me when mcbeth uses a mako3 vs a beat roc3?

In his In The Bag videos, McBeth has called the Mako3 his most understable midrange. I remember him throwing this mold on hole 10 at the Vibram Open, a 90 degree dogleg right that goes steeply uphill to the "castle" green. For this hole, the player wants to give the disc some height and get the disc to turn right while moving up the hill. Any fade at the end of the flight will most likely lead to a bad result. I suppose it is the disc that he has the most confidence in when it must definitely not fade out.

Ive been sampling the roc3. Mostly to have a comparison between the lat 64 mace and anchor.

The McGlows have been straight new.. Wish they had the stability of the KC pros..Disappointed yes.

If I wanted a KC pro that's what I would have gotten

Seems like just as good as any thread for me to ask this, but can someone tell me when mcbeth uses a mako3 vs a beat roc3?

From what I've seen on videos, McBeth throws the beat Roc3 when he wants the disc to gently turn over, or "drift" right, for lack of a better term. He throws the Mako3 when he wants an anhyzer shot that he can put into the air and it will curve to the right.

I got 2 and they both feel like dx plastic to me. Not what I was expecting.

Yeah for the price I expect more stabilty and better than dx plastic. Otherwise, yeah I would have been ecstatic.

I throw both the mace and anchor both clones of the roc3 or vice versa. They all get switched out time to time depending on conditions. My maces in tourney are light (about 170g) and still very stable. The anchors in opto are heavier and more os. A good windy warm day option. Problem is they don't offer them in a KC like plastic.

Also, I just bought two factory store star roc3's low 170s. Very os. But they slip in the hand from time to time. That is why the KC pro plastic was a crowd pleaser so to speak. It would wear nice and had optimum grip.

Having cut my teeth on the KC pro Rocs believe me I know the rocs. The roc3's are retooled, better in the wind, a hair longer and come out of my hand a touch better.

Otherwise, I would stick with the old rocs. When their is an improvement in a great mold I don't hesitate to adopt it.

Last edited:
Got one of the 2018's, and yeah, it feels just like DX plastic. More slippery than my Champ (and obviously more slick than a G*). Seems to fly a tick less stable than Champ too.

If anybody doesn't want theirs or is willing to trade for something I am extremely interested