• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Aviar

I ordered an orange from the second release and they mailed me a black from the first release. anyone else get the wrong disc in the shuffle?

First release? Second release? Are you talking about the signature discs or the first release stamps?

i believe the "first release" is a stockpile they have, and release periodically until they are gone(like 200 a color at a time). The "proto" were the actually signed by Paul. You will continue getting a first release for a while if you order, until they announce second release.

Confusing, slightly annoying, but they don't affect the price, so it's cool by me.

And I LOVE these discs, just got a badass black one with green shiny stamp, instantly went into my bag.

pic:
C360_2013-02-11-17-37-441_zps7ecb19de.jpg

Last edited:
Gotcha. I actually managed to get myself 2 of the hand signed black ones as well earlier. I was referring to the first sell out vs the second introduction of first releases. Mine is identical to the lower right in your photo.

I was really intending to get the orange to be a thrower but it looks so nice in a bag next to the signed ones. I didn't intend to have a full compliment of blacks.

I have a question...For those who got the black aviars did you notice surface scratches and or small dings in your discs when they were shipped from innova? Maybe its because they are black or maybe its because the plastic in not the same as older aviars but mine for being mint I felt like they should have been in a little better shape. Thoughts?

I am sure since they have not been thrown that it wont affect the value.

Last edited:
Black discs show everything. . . Yeah, all mine show a very small amount of storage wear. No big deal

I have a question...For those who got the black aviars did you notice surface scratches and or small dings in your discs when they were shipped from innova? Maybe its because they are black or maybe its because the plastic in not the same as older aviars but mine for being mint felt like they should have been in a little better shape. Thoughts?
More so on my signed discs. The factory stamp one is perfect.

Yeah, mine look amazing but was a little disappointed that there was a small knick in one of my putters. If being thrown, no big deal but for now I am keeping them bagged up next to my two black KC pro putters. All four discs are black with a gold stamp which I thought was cool.

You all agree though it should make no difference when collecting stating the disc is new even though it does have a little storage wear from the Innova factory?

Also, if anyone has an extra black aviar they want to sell/trade me I would love one at a reasonable price.

Black discs show everything. . . Yeah, all mine show a very small amount of storage wear. No big deal

Glad to know. They feel a little more domey than other P&A discs but the hardness is awesome. Great disc...glad they made it.

I have a question...For those who got the black aviars did you notice surface scratches and or small dings in your discs when they were shipped from innova? Maybe its because they are black or maybe its because the plastic in not the same as older aviars but mine for being mint I felt like they should have been in a little better shape. Thoughts?

I am sure since they have not been thrown that it wont affect the value.

I don't know. I threw mine into my basket within minutes of opening the box, so they all have some marks on them now.

discgolfcenter.com has black ones for 15.99 and free shipping

wow, not bad if you are only getting a couple. luckily my orders at the innova pro shop were over the $75 subtotal, so i pulled free shipping, and only $13.99, but that is cool...

no, i don't need more...no i don't need more....no i don't need more. Damnit why'd yo utell me about those at disc golf center :thmbdown:

Arrggghh, I ordered 4 black ones from the factory store just to check them out. According the to tracking number provided USPS completed delivery on the 11th and I have yet to see my box of putters :(
I spoke with Eric at the factory store today and he's sending out a replacement shipment. Hopefully it makes it to my apartment this time :)