• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

meat hook definiton

For you, a disc that goes hard right pretty much right out of your hand. It's a disc that's really overstable.

Basically a disc that is too high speed for the person throwing it. "meat hooks" will hyzer out all the time.

A disc whose flight path looks like this (right for RHFH, left for RHBH):

images

First run yellow trak= meathookish

Groove= wtf? meathook

it's not always the arm of the person throwing it, it can be, but sometimes the disc can be super overstable.. and occasionally it can be a run of discs (FR Traks) where the production run is fine. I've also had 2 of the same discs that have acted very different, I have a stable Beast, but I had a friend who had one that was a meathook.

@fishy

those Traks are a fickle beast aint they? the FR"s turn like the dickens, the speckled lot stay almost entirely straight. im not understanding if its just me or if the production lots are different.

Basically a disc that is too high speed for the person throwing it. "meat hooks" will hyzer out all the time.

Not necessarily. The player could be throwing a disc that is within his speed range that is simply designed to fly overstable, which is a better choice that throwing something too fast for you as an overstable utility disc just because it acts OS because you can't get it up to speed.

Latest posts