• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid range set up?

I guess my question is are you looking for a true understable disc or a disc that you can use for understable duty?

Without that info here is a couple of the popular options. If you want something different then you have.

Z Comet - Nice neutral disc. It glides for days. Con it is very sensitive and will make you pay and pay for bad form.

Fuse - Neutral disc. It has great glide and is less sensitive then the comet.

ESP meteor - Understable disc that has decent glide

CHEERS - Koffee

I would recomend taking just your kc pro roc over to middle concho and bouncing it off of the mequite trees. It will get beat in nicely and then become understable over time. Then use that disc and your backup as a good pair of mids that you are really familiar with.

This will work if you put in the work...

I use...

Star Gator (overstable)
P-MD2 or Sirius Aurora MS (stable)
Star Stingray (understable)

After the P-MD2 gets beat, it will probably replace the Stingray for a short time. I should get a S-MD2.

I play in Odessa and Lubbock fairly often. I use premium plastic so the disc will last a little longer. You should probably consider that in San Angelo.

Last edited:
Z Comet - Nice neutral disc. It glides for days. Con it is very sensitive and will make you pay and pay for bad form.

CHEERS - Koffee

This is EXACTLY why I picked one up. I hope to play with it a while and fix my form.

if by understable you are looking for something can handle straight & anny duties then I would choose fuse over comet. both the fuse & comet can handle the duties but the fuse is much more characteristic of modern golf discs while the comet is much more lid like.

I play Ultimate competitively & there's a group of us that play 1 disc rounds with old school 40 mold midnight flyers. I personally like the comet because i love the glide & control of lids.

A comet is super easy to learn if can huck a lid. if u don't like having to finesse hyzer releases for a straight shot then you are not going to like the comet.

I want this thread to turn into the comet lovers thread.

Comet is the most fun disc to throw in my bag. When you do it right, it just goes

Latest posts