• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Scorpius

Meh, I've written like 3 pages worth of posts on this going back and forth with ORDB so you can go back and read that if you want my opinion for what it's worth (not much). Some people are SURE there are multiple mold pieces, some people are SURE there are not. I have no idea which way it is, although I will reiterate that I believe Innova has some control over it (at least now they do, although probably not in the past).

I think they 100% have control over it. They can(and have) been molding up destroyers to fit what people want them to be(ex.- during the bomber run of AJs, ppl wanted a more OS destroyer. Then when we got the more OS destroyer in the form o mcbeth destroyers, people waned a bomber run again, so they made the current embossed run).

just IMHO, YMMV

Anyone else throwing the base plastic Scorpius? I have 3 around 170-171g and I really like them.

I did some field testing yesterday comparing these to Z Cranks and Zero G Quasars. The Scorpius was the furthest and most consistent.

Picked up a 1.8 about a week ago. Amazing feeling plastic, softer than Innova Star that I've recently bought. It isn't gummy, by any means, just feels soft. Has pretty decent grip while still being a little smoother than Star plastic.

As for flight, this disc is beefy, I'm getting it to ~375' - 400' and it has a lot more fade than a new Destroyer. Also, the skip is out of this world. I'm talking a giant forward flare that goes around 60'. By this, I'm having to RHBH shots far more right than I normally would with a Destroyer when playing the skip because otherwise the disc will literally hop over the basket and never tough circle 1. Forehands are the same, but giving them a little flex and they bomb. I'm parking holes, at least pin-high, I used to come up short with Destroyers either forehand or backhand. Still produces a massive skip, though.

Great disc, though. I'll probably grab another soon to have on hand.

I got some sirius bottom stamps in. Run 1.8, pop top, goes straight a long ways and hooks up. Gonna try and beat one in for hyzer flipping. Great disc. Anyone else throwing 1.8s?

I got some sirius bottom stamps in. Run 1.8, pop top, goes straight a long ways and hooks up.

Barsby had a couple bottom stamped Sirus Scorpious and said they fly like the SDS Destroyers. you or anyone else have any thoughts on that who have thrown SDS Destroyers?

I have never thrown an SDS Destroyer, only 3 line AJs. From Barsby's ITB the stamp is different than the ones I have, and is from an earlier run that isn't as stable as the 1.8 run.

I've thrown SDS destroyers and I also had a tye dye bottom stamped scorp that flew very similar.

Anyone throw the lunars yet? I saw Barsby throwing a green/turquoise one at USDGC and Hall of Fame Classic. I think I saw a pink one in the DGPT quarterfinals. I got some today and hope to throw them this weekend. Wondering if there are any other reports.