• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Scorpius

Is there any way to tell what run it is if it doesnt say? I have a bottom stamp that is poptop and is a nice stiff star plastic marked ssrp.

Are you subsidized by the government?

No.

I suppose I could have been more complete, though, in my explanation.

As in the sentence above, "though" is an grammatical aside or rhetorical comment in my original sentence. As such, it can be separated from the substance of the sentence by commas. Or it could be removed.

With it removed, the original sentence would read "I am quite sure, that if there were a Destroyer "L", Innova would market the hell out of it..."

You certainly could remove the commas entirely and it would read as a single thought.

Or you could leave the commas in and it could be read either as:

I am quite sure Innova would market the hell out of it...

OR

f there were a Destroyer "L" Innova would market the hell out of it...

The commas create severable clauses.

The least useful word in the original sentence is "that", as are most uses of that word (although not that last use, or this more recent one).

There is no Destroyer L. There are more and less overstable Destroyers. And I wouldn't doubt if, over the years, Innova has figured out some ways to control the outcome to some extent.

There is no Destroyer L. There are more and less overstable Destroyers. And I wouldn't doubt if, over the years, Innova has figured out some ways to control the outcome to some extent.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Possibly once upon a time, the variance just happened and some Destroyers were more overstable and some less. But nowadays Innova has figured out how to control it (or else they've gotten a mold piece that is adjustable in some way or else there are really 5 mold pieces, take your pick of theories since we can't go into the factory and look). Anyway, it makes a lot of sense when you consider that a lot of the light-weight Star Destroyers they run now are pretty darned overstable (because they have higher PLH and more concave wings). Innova is purposefully compensating for the loss in stability created by the lighter weight by tweaking the wing.

So I guess what you object to is my use of "L wing" and "X wing" since you would reserve those words for molds that are known to have actual different wing pieces. I guess that's fair. I still think there COULD be multiple wing mold pieces or one that is adjustable in some way, but your theory is as good as mine. The Destroyer mold might as well have different wing mold pieces for how much variance there is. I know there are different degrees of concavity so saying "X wing" still doesn't tell you a whole lot, but saying "L wing" to refer to those Destroyers that have straight wings seems like useful nomenclature...

I haven't thrown mine in a while, but as I recall it's very similar to the sparkle quantum I have. Definitely less stable than Sirius, and got knocked around by wind more than both. I didn't notice enough difference to experiment with it further, but perhaps I should.

I have 4 ZeroG. One is 160g with a pop top and it is almost as overstable as a first run Sirius. The others are all ~150g and flat, and they all started out quite understable (think Star Tern). The flat ones make great roller discs for me, which is what I use them for.

I've been looking at new destroyers popping up and am 100% convinced there are two different molds of destroyers. The embossed ones have a less aggressive wing and tend to be flatter, while the pre-embossed 4x's have a more aggressive wing but a higher PLH. The underside of the wing is rounded out on the embossed ones, while the pre-embossed 4x's do not have one like this. There may not be a Destroyer-X and Destroyer-L but the mold is definitely different

Just realized a mistake I made... the pre-embossed destroyers have a more aggressive wing, but a lower PLH. They still fly MUCH more overstable than the embossed.

Is there any way to tell what run it is if it doesnt say? I have a bottom stamp that is poptop and is a nice stiff star plastic marked ssrp.

As far as i know, the new ones have a cleaner stamp while the older ones have the ugly Scorpion stamp.

I've been looking at new destroyers popping up and am 100% convinced there are two different molds of destroyers. The embossed ones have a less aggressive wing and tend to be flatter, while the pre-embossed 4x's have a more aggressive wing but a higher PLH. The underside of the wing is rounded out on the embossed ones, while the pre-embossed 4x's do not have one like this. There may not be a Destroyer-X and Destroyer-L but the mold is definitely different

Innova does most likely use multiple wings only because they constantly share mold parts. This causes things to wear out and not line up quite right over time. But it also could very well just be one piece that molds differently. Based on plastic blend, color, temp, and a whole lot more they wing can fill in different ways. Source: My first run of Alpha had variances and it was a very small batch compared to how many Destroyers they run.

One would guess the Scorpius really is a destroyer judging by this thread. Either that or an English-teacher.

Go easy on my grammar, I'm swedish.

One would guess the Scorpius really is a destroyer judging by this thread. Either that or an English-teacher.

Go easy on my grammar, I'm swedish.

Lol. I know the Scorpius is very similar to a Destroyer, and I believe it shares some mold parts (the wing). There have been rumors both that the Scorp IS a Destroyer and that it IS NOT a Destroyer in the past, but I've never heard definitive confirmation. From my experience, I would say it probably uses the Destroyer wing but with slightly different bottom and top mold pieces. It is a little deeper, and it looks a tiny bit blunter when I put it side by side with my Destroyers, but the wing looks exactly the same (depending on the run of Destroyer and the run of Scorpius of course). The wing also seems to experienced the same sort of variance over different runs that you see in Destroyers.

As far as i know, the new ones have a cleaner stamp while the older ones have the ugly Scorpion stamp.

For the record, I actually LIKE the Scorpion stamp. In terms of bottom stamps, I think there were at least 2 runs before the current 1.7's and maybe more. I believe the older ones were penned SSC (maybe those were the same generation as first runs but I'm not sure), and the newer ones are penned SSRP or sometimes S-SRP. If you page back in this thread about 10 pages or so you can see people talking about the SSC vs. SSRP runs (although there's not a lot of consensus about flight differences). I've only owned the 2 bottom stamps, and I *think* they're both SSRP. One is definitely 2.1 vintage and the other is the new 1.7.

For the record, I actually LIKE the Scorpion stamp. In terms of bottom stamps, I think there were at least 2 runs before the current 1.7's and maybe more. I believe the older ones were penned SSC (maybe those were the same generation as first runs but I'm not sure), and the newer ones are penned SSRP or sometimes S-SRP. If you page back in this thread about 10 pages or so you can see people talking about the SSC vs. SSRP runs (although there's not a lot of consensus about flight differences). I've only owned the 2 bottom stamps, and I *think* they're both SSRP. One is definitely 2.1 vintage and the other is the new 1.7.

I've had three yellow first runs, pretty sure they were all marked SSC, while my white first runs and my blue 2.1s are marked SSRP. The yellow ones hade a smaller dome and was a little less stable.

I have 4 ZeroG. One is 160g with a pop top and it is almost as overstable as a first run Sirius. The others are all ~150g and flat, and they all started out quite understable (think Star Tern). The flat ones make great roller discs for me, which is what I use them for.
switching to light weight disc because of a neck injury. looking for a fh driver that is just a little more stable then the D3 i have.

It's definitely a thing. I don't know what actually causes it mind you. I don't know if there are actually 2 different wing mold pieces or if it's the way they cool the disc or if they can "tweak" that mold piece slightly or what. But they definitely have some control over it beyond just the plastic type. The Philo Destroyers show that. Philo wanted more understable Star Destroyers and they ran them with the L wing in lighter weights. They're still Star and lots of stock Stars even in lighter weights have the X wing and are very overstable, but I'm pretty sure part of what makesh ave the only the Philos less overstable is the L wing configuration.

I'm 99% sure that it's just the way that they cooled. I have some stock stars that have a similar wing shape and fly much less OS.

I'm 99% sure that it's just the way that they cooled. I have some stock stars that have a similar wing shape and fly much less OS.

Meh, I've written like 3 pages worth of posts on this going back and forth with ORDB so you can go back and read that if you want my opinion for what it's worth (not much). Some people are SURE there are multiple mold pieces, some people are SURE there are not. I have no idea which way it is, although I will reiterate that I believe Innova has some control over it (at least now they do, although probably not in the past).

Meh, I've written like 3 pages worth of posts on this going back and forth with ORDB so you can go back and read that if you want my opinion for what it's worth (not much). Some people are SURE there are multiple mold pieces, some people are SURE there are not. I have no idea which way it is, although I will reiterate that I believe Innova has some control over it (at least now they do, although probably not in the past).

Innova always had a lot of free reign in what they gave their partner brands. I think it is better now, but it was pretty messy when they just had to take what Dave D gave them. There are plenty of quotes about the past issues from every Innova partner brand. I've seen pallets of blank JLS at Disc Nation that Millennium swore was a JLS because Innova said so. When in reality we all knew it was a Polaris top. The old Millennium owners didn't care about getting that right. The current group seems to understand how important those details are to their fans now, which is a lot better way to do business. I think DM is just now getting some parts/molds exclusive which is hard to believe after all this time. The MD2 has had a lot of changes to it for example.