• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Mini Buzzz

I once played with a guy who used a bottle of gold bond powder as a mini

Way, way back, I knew a guy who asked if he could use a beer can as a mini ( I think there was no height minimum then, 1988ish).
The others in the group said yes, :D but only if the can was crushed.
He slammed the beer, :thmbup: crushed it and used it for maybe one hole.
He eventually found the mini, in his beat-up homemade denim duffel bag. :doh:

just got one while at BRP. Tossed it on hole 1...made it most of the way and hyzered out. Was very surprised that this was stable and that it flew so far. Really cool. I feel there NEEDS to be a basket made that is in between a mini basket and a regular, just big enough to make these buzzes a perfect fit, could be really cool.

I'm wondering if little baskets will be the next trend. These youth-size discs are going to explode.

Looking at potentially installing a mini course around a local restaurant that supports disc golf. Hate to invest in mini baskets if 'little' baskets will be the next big thing.

Why did I think these were bigger? Way smaller than I imagined.

Very cool tho

Why did I think these were bigger? Way smaller than I imagined.

Very cool tho

I finally saw one in person and got to throw it.

Way smaller than I thought.

Flies great though.

I think it would be awesome to have a medium basket course option.

Wouldn't take nearly as much land and newcomers would probably have more fun.

I finally saw one in person and got to throw it.

Way smaller than I thought.

Flies great though.

I think it would be awesome to have a medium basket course option.

Wouldn't take nearly as much land and newcomers would probably have more fun.

We have a local course that has mini baskets set up on the same holes that the regular baskets are set up on. Definitely adds a little variety to the course if you're looking for something different.

Any idea how these guys fit into a mini basket?

We have a local course that has mini baskets set up on the same holes that the regular baskets are set up on. Definitely adds a little variety to the course if you're looking for something different.

Any idea how these guys fit into a mini basket?

I've tried them on a few mini baskets they are too big.

From the PDGA:

The Buzz on the Discraft Mini Buzzz
This announcement is a reminder to mini manufacturers and players that the PDGA does not test nor approve mini markers. As long as your mini meets the specifications for a mini disc in the PDGA Technical Standards, it can legally be used as a marker. Several thousand Discraft Mini Buzzz minis were incorrectly marked with "PDGA Approved" on them. This "PDGA Approved" mark will not be added in subsequent production runs.
While the Mini Buzzz*is legal as a marker, it is not a legal disc to throw in PDGA-sanctioned competition. In addition, the large Mini Buzzz diameter at almost 15cm is too large for mini disc competition whether that be mini golf or setting WFDF mini records in field event competitions. To be used in mini competition, mini discs must be 4.5 inches (11.43 cm) or less in diameter. Mini disc golf uses the PDGA Rules of Disc Golf except for a few necessary variations in play and targets, which are listed on the Mini Disc Golf Federation (MDGF) website.

^ Glad to hear it is legal to use as a marker. Didn't want to worry about someone trying to call me on a ridiculous technicality in a tournament.

Anyone try these with kids? My buddy wants to take his 9 year old out with us and I was thinking this might be the perfect size for the kid.

I got one of these to toss around and let my kid play with and I wish that this size was more common.

My 7 year old son can throw one of these about as far as any full size disc (even light ones). They fit kids hands a lot better than full size discs.

My daughter is 2 and I looked at the Mini Buzzz and thought that it would be the perfect size to start teaching her to throw with. Proportionately it fits her hand like a normal disc would fit mine but with a little room to grow. After buying it, I gave it a test throw to see how it would fly if she were to throw it and it flies wonderful. Definitely buying one for my son due in January.

Anyone try these with kids? My buddy wants to take his 9 year old out with us and I was thinking this might be the perfect size for the kid.

Yep.

Lol duh, I went to discraft's site and they had a 6 year old driving with one with better form then most of my friends lol. I'm gonna have to pick one of these up. thanks.

Just got the mini black hole basket and hot dang the mini buzzz fits! It has to be a good putt to stick them but they do fit in there!

Been having a blast with the mini buzzz. Can't wait til my little guy can throw with me!

Mini Buzzz is awesome! I think I may like it more than my 7 year old and he loves it. More fun to throw than you'd imagine!:)

Latest posts