• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini markers suck

I feel like a flat mini would get super annoying to pick up.

Mayhaps, but Marwede didn't seem to have issues with his cookie and Big Jerm has that plug that he uses. Also, something like a coin would have a sharp-ish corner and allow better leverage when picking it up.......IMHO

A kids play set of food items might have something to your liking... although they're all probably hollow.

They have burgers, tomatoes, fried eggs, etc. Not sure about regulation sizes, etc.

A kids play set of food items might have something to your liking... although they're all probably hollow.

They have burgers, tomatoes, fried eggs, etc. Not sure about regulation sizes, etc.

You could fill it with a little urethane glue or foam to give it a bit of heft.

I'm liking the fried egg!

I bag an Ice Hockey puck for pinging discs out of trees. Stores nicely at the bottom of my bottle holder in my bag? Can I use that as a mini as well?

I don't know the metric system or any specifics about hockey pucks but if it meets the criteria below you should be good to go.

"Mini Marker discs must have a circular shape, with a diameter ranging from 7 cm to 15 cm and a height not exceeding 3 cm, and can be made from a variety of materials (e.g. plastic, metal, wood)."

I bag an Ice Hockey puck for pinging discs out of trees. Stores nicely at the bottom of my bottle holder in my bag? Can I use that as a mini as well?
Yes, a standard hockey puck is a legal mini.

From page 4 of the PDGA Technical specs (as of 1/20/2021):
https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/manufacturer-guidelines

Mini Marker discs must have a circular shape, with a diameter ranging from 7 cm to 15 cm and a height not exceeding 3 cm. Mini marker discs can be made from a variety of materials (e.g. plastic, metal, wood).

The Mini Disc Golf Federation officially defines mini discs suitable for mini golf competition.
http://minidiscgolf.com/rules/

Requirements for an NHL hockey puck:
The puck shall be made of vulcanized rubber or other approved material, one inch thick and three inches in diameter and shall weigh between 5 ½ ounces and 6 ounces and be black in color.

Last edited:
I'm still bummed a half full beer can is "not legal".

If you spill your beer it's a putting foul fo sure.

Why do disc golf mini markers suck? Why do they all have to be convex on the top and hollowed out on the bottom? I just spent an hour looking for a coin shaped marker big enough to use for disc golf to no avail. Coins are just so much more efficient in a manufacturing sense and they are easier to fit in a pocket. If anyone out there is looking to start a business for disc golf, please think about making larger plastic (cheap), aluminum (sturdy), brass (refined), and silver (show off)coins for disc golf. You might only have a market of one person, but I would love you for it. In the meantime, im thinking about picking up one of these and taking a hacksaw to it. https://www.surv-kap.com/Brass-Markers?product_id=145

A 48 dollar mini that is gonna make my pants fall down, when I put it in my pocket???

My mini outrage just ain't that great.

I'm still bummed a half full beer can is "not legal".

If you spill your beer it's a putting foul fo sure.

I know I'd find a way to demonstrate balance and still spill the beverage.

Definitely a party foul, but could be a legal putt.

The pyrohyzers and the rubber coaster minis look awesome. The cookie thing is just to dunk on people :p

You want the rubber coaster minis. Picked one up from Latitude 64, double sided, flat and flexible. 3-1/2"dia and about 3/16" thick. Even has a bunch of tiny dots on it for extra grip to easily pick it back up. Photos attached. :thmbup:

Attachments

• Lat64-Mini.jpg
    Lat64-Mini.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Lat64-Mini2.jpg
    Lat64-Mini2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 13
Why do disc golf mini markers suck? Why do they all have to be convex on the top and hollowed out on the bottom? I just spent an hour looking for a coin shaped marker big enough to use for disc golf to no avail. Coins are just so much more efficient in a manufacturing sense and they are easier to fit in a pocket. If anyone out there is looking to start a business for disc golf, please think about making larger plastic (cheap), aluminum (sturdy), brass (refined), and silver (show off)coins for disc golf. You might only have a market of one person, but I would love you for it. In the meantime, im thinking about picking up one of these and taking a hacksaw to it. https://www.surv-kap.com/Brass-Markers?product_id=145

So, in a perfect world....what would your ideal dimensions for this coin be?

My issue is with placement of the mini, why reward a person by placeing a mini in front of your disc for slowing down the game. I feel if you need to use a mini it should be placed behind the disc. After all its a game of inches. Save your back and save some time, vote Change the Mini Rule !!!

We do a carabiner attached flat mini marker which can either be printed or done with an embossed top. Carabiner bit has been checked with Jeff Homburg and is approved for tournament play. It has helped me hugely in not losing a couple of minis a round.

Ux0UjLz

https://imgur.com/a/9GlMxZR

My issue is with placement of the mini, why reward a person by placeing a mini in front of your disc for slowing down the game. I feel if you need to use a mini it should be placed behind the disc. After all its a game of inches. Save your back and save some time, vote Change the Mini Rule !!!

I've argued for a long time that it should mark the back edge of the disc. Place over the top of your disc and then remove the disc from under.

The arguments against are frankly dumb.

Moving your lie forward by a discs diameter has always seemed an odd thing in the rules.

Latest posts