• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

mobile disc dealer

would you buy from a "street vendor"

• yes

Votes: 41 52.6%
  • no

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • if i just happened to be looking for something he had

Votes: 35 44.9%
  • i would call the police and chase him away from the course

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I usually find something I like to buy when I go to a tournament. There is usually some cool dye jobs that I feel that I almost must have. I like to support them, too.

We have two local vendors here that sell from thier cars.
Both are respected players and are well established.
Both have new discs, as well as discs found by players on the course, which they will gladly return to thier rightful owners.
Both do alot to encourage disc golf in the community, as well as carrying a selection of fund raiser discs for local and national events.
I look for these people first when I need a disc, it helps the money stay in the area, and they usually have exactly what I want.

We have alot of options in this area, auto vendors, specialty disc shops, PIAS stores, and big box retailers, so there is no shortage of discs to be had locally.

Guy at The Sinks a few weeks ago had some pretty rare KC Pro discs. I was broke, but my buddies each picked up a few scores for the same prices as the 12x stuff. Either the guy was an idiot or he was being really nice. I like to think the latter. And if you dive into a pond or lake for my disc you're welcome to it.

Was wearing sunglasses, maybe a cap, dark hair, sort of an aloof personality, with a bunch of discs in tupperware bins out of the back of his SUV?

If so, that might have been Shan Trotter.

He's a local player sponsored by Dynamic. http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/

His discs are legit.

We have a couple mobile vendors, both are solid and have a brick and mortar front as well. My local club will sell discs at all local events as well as one of the mobile vendors. Who is part of the club too but those profits go to his pockets. We have a local store that has everything you can imagine under one roof that carries Discraft, Millennium, and Lighting, and Sports authority for all your over priced Innova Needs. Just 35 miles away is another brick and mortar store that is pretty awesome. So we have a few good options. We even have the kids that dive for discs in the river to sell or give back for a finders fee. I have no problem with this as they are diving in a river that most locals around here will not go in with out a giant raft, helmet, and life vest.

We have a local vendor that shows up at the peak playing times around here with a mini van loaded. Great guy and he also has a shop in town so buying from him is the same as going to a shop without the drive. Not sure if I would buy inked discs though. Our local guy only sells new stuff.

If the TD saw the guy and doesn't shoo him away I would go over and buy. If the TD asks him to leave, I will respect the TD.

I ruined a disc during round 1 of a tourney and I thought i had a good backup in the car...but when I tried it out during the lunch break it just WASN'T going to cut it, so I went to tourney central and just started shouting ANYBODY HAVE ANY (disc I'm trying to replace) OR (Disc I might be able to replace with with) OR (third choice but better than nothing!?) One lady had my 2nd choice, in star plastic, which I bought...but I really wanted Champ plastic. It made it through 27 holes but didn't retain the stability of new like a champ would have oi.

\/\/