• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More Bag Divider Options?

deBebbler

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I have a very old bag (Innova, I believe) that has lost its rigidity. It always falls over when I set it down, and I am starting to see wear on the bottom of the bag. I have had it over 16 years :eek: and want to keep using it as a pitch n putt bag. So I have been looking for an insert that would increase the rigidity of the bag, save wear on the bottom, and hopefully keep it standing up more often.

It holds 10 discs plus the putter pocket, and I was looking for something that might fill the pocket. All I have found are these:

competitionbagframea.jpg

bag_divider_insert_l.jpg

The first one obviously is not going to work, and the 6 disc divider will probably not fill the compartment. These have been the only ones I have found. Are there any alternatives out there (maybe holding 10 discs) that anyone has seen?

Thanks for any help.

Corrugated signboard would work to make a DIY copy of the first pic. Honestly though, if you are playing a pitch and putt, wouldn't only be carrying one or two discs?

Not sure the PVC route will work for a few reasons:

1) it won't offer any more vertical rigidity, and
2) the bag is so narrow, the short edge is what will have the discs resting on it, and the knuckles at the corners wouldn't allow discs to rest evenly.

I think I would only be able to have 7 or so discs resting on the pipe, and it would still be floppy. At $6, the 6-disc insert would have about the same effect, but would allow for the vertical rigidity, I would expect.

Unless anyone has a picture proving me wrong on that....

Honestly though, if you are playing a pitch and putt, wouldn't only be carrying one or two discs?

Not here I don't. Plus I FH and BH.

Also, I play in a lot of rain/snow, so I wanted something more durable than cardboard.

Last edited:
You can make a frame as vertically rigid as you want or need. This is the one I made for my Crunch Box, which is not a big bag at all.

Attachments

• DSCN0105.jpg
    DSCN0105.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 179
You can make a frame as vertically rigid as you want or need. This is the one I made for my Crunch Box, which is not a big bag at all.

That definitely is a sweet insert, but unfortunately the discs in my bag are oriented 90° the other way. My high sides would be front and back rather than on the sides. Those high sides would keep discs from going into the bag, and cut down the max load by at least 3 discs and i would be in the same boat as if I had the regular insert.

Courrugated signboard is usually plastic.

Sorry, I read that wrong. This could work. Anyone have a pic of this DIY in action?

Plus I FH and BH.

I didn't realize that I shouldn't be throwing the same discs forehand and backhand. :doh: Thanks for the heads up! :p

Sorry, I read that wrong. This could work. Anyone have a pic of this DIY in action?

Either fold it to look exactly like the first picture you posted or just fold it twice to make the two sides and a bottom.

Last edited:
That definitely is a sweet insert, but unfortunately the discs in my bag are oriented 90° the other way. My high sides would be front and back rather than on the sides. Those high sides would keep discs from going into the bag, and cut down the max load by at least 3 discs and i would be in the same boat as if I had the regular insert.

lol, well luckily the beauty of DIY is that you can do it yourself.

I didn't realize that I shouldn't be throwing the same discs forehand and backhand. :doh: Thanks for the heads up! :p

Yeah, yeah, I cant FH rocs comets putters and such, so it requires me to have some FH only discs.

Either fold it to look exactly like the first picture you posted or just fold it twice to make the two sides and a bottom.

OK, got it. Thx.

Sorry to be such a smarta**. If you want clean folds, remember to score the back side of the folding lines. Signboard is pretty thick stuff and won't fold cleanly (like corrugated cardboard) without some help. I would also say you could cut a template to make it essentially a box, but you'd lose a disc's (or two) space.

No worries, par for the course around here, myself included.

Gonna give this a shot, but I'm sure its gonna take me a few tries. Thx for the tip on scoring.

Check Revolutions website. They have both large and small internal frames available.

I got one in my large nightning bag that could fot in there. It can go from 6-16 easily. They ran out of business though I believe? They dont make the bags anymore. I got it for $20 and is an awesome bag.

I have a very old bag (Innova, I believe) that has lost its rigidity. It always falls over when I set it down, and I am starting to see wear on the bottom of the bag.

One of the hot new bag mods is to use a liquid plastic dip, like what is used to cover metal tool handles, to coat the bottom of your bag for durability and weatherproofness. It doesn't add much rigidity on its own.

On the signboard: I wrapped the corners of mine in duct tape to keep them from wearing on the bag. It's worked well for 2 years so far.

Also check the bag mods thread. I saw some cool ideas for making an internal frame with signboard and PVC. I made one out of just PVC but it ended up being a bit heavy.

One of the hot new bag mods is to use a liquid plastic dip, like what is used to cover metal tool handles, to coat the bottom of your bag for durability and weatherproofness. It doesn't add much rigidity on its own.

That process sounds like a real mess, but I will check into it.

Also check the bag mods thread.

Will do.

Latest posts