• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most creative/useful/favorite player pack goodie

What would you like to get in a player's pack?

• Tourney stamp disc(s) - just plastic

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • Disc + Mini Clipboard + Scorecard

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Disc + Steel Water Bottle

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Disc + custom Pint Glass

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Disc + Handwarmers + sharpie

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Disc + Custom Koozie

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Disc + Mini

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Disc + Custom stamp Towel

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Disc + Pencils + Sticker

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Disc + Iron on Patch

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Nothing at all

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other: Please describe in thread

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
I voted other because I LOVE tourney discs but I also love hats. Throw a flexfit or even a snapback into the ayers pack along with a disc and you are automatically in my favorite TDs of all time.

The Issue with Players Packs...not everyone walks away truly happy with what they got. Not everyone likes Dri-Fit shirts, "x" brand disc, etc. However, a voucher for the tourny store is perfect, they get what they want. No players pack, even better, higher payout. Custom stamped towels are always sweet too, would like to see this more often again.

This.

Which didn't leave me an option in the poll.

I'm not a players pack fan but, if they're going to be given, a voucher is definitely the way to go. Even better if regular discs, custom-stamped discs, tee-shirts if they're decent, and/or dri-fits are available to choose from.

For myself, everything else listed in the poll, and every other type of item I've ever received in a players pack, end up in the trash. They are, inevitably, either something I don't want; or something I want but already have.

DD always finds one small item that I think is great in the player's pack. Even if it's just the sunscreen with the D clip from the chamber of commerce in emporia, that works great for the bag. Or a birdie bag and sharpie. Hand warmers are nice on a cold morning but I've never had them in a player pack they were just giving them out at the first teepad.

I like getting discs but I have enough plastic. I want a player pack where the tournament logo is printed on a nice Nalgene Titan water bottle. Umbrella or stool would be nice also.

I wish more tournaments provided lunch or player parties at host hotels, onsite, etc. instead of players pack with vouchers. I do not need more discs and most go immediately on ebay when I get home or given to newbies. This sounds insane but I also would like more tournaments to have more incentive for volunteers by giving them better players packs for spotting on courses and keeping play moving instead of all players packs going to only tournament players. For me the atmosphere is usually better than any players pack I receive. My favorite tournaments are,

Any tournament at Stoney Hill - I appreciate the players pack but do not think it is the reason to play here because the atmosphere, course and owners are worth playing this one. I have got to watch the Masters, the Carolina-UGA game and the 2010 Carolina-Alabama game at Chris's house on the property after wonderful days of tourney golf. Also, mini golf after rounds and the atmosphere and low key fun camping on one of the best courses in the world. Dinner at Roma's is also fun on Friday.

Mountain Disc Golf Experience - Several tournaments I have attended are well run but this is the best. James, Meredith and the rest of the staff are proactive in getting sponsors (numerous sponsors not 4 or 5) to ensure all players are happy with players packs, festivities as well as golf. The tournament is incorporated in the Mountain Sports Festival and there are bands at the Festival site each day. You also receive a great players pack with a shirt (years ago it seemed like every tournament I played I received a shirt with an Innova logo in the front left chest and tourney logo on back), discs and other items such as stickers. Also get to play in or watch Skins (depending on how you play) throughout Carrier Park during the Saturday night of Music for Ams and through the streets of Asheville for Open. They also feed breakfast and lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday which is included in entry.

Hall of Fame, US Masters at the IDGC - Both tournaments were fantastic a the IDGC and run impeccably. Received nice collared shirts for each, discs, lunch is on site for purchase which is a plus. The courses are 3 of the best in the world and the camping on the lake it fantastic.

High Country Championships - Just played this one for the first time, received dry fit shirt, patch, voucher, lunch both days and the course and people are worth the entry.

Savannah Open - Great staff and low key early in January. BBQ lunch provided Saturday and players party at BBQ restaurant with band, baskets and beverages. Players pack includes snack pack and each year something is new. I received a hoodie the first two years I played it and received long sleeve tees and maybe discs also over the years.

^^^ and prints from http://somanyroads.smugmug.com/. I have donated to many tournaments and vended at the Worlds and USDGC in the past and have had people ask about prints added to players packs. At the 2012 Charleston Classic, each player (180 total) and volunteers received a matted print of either Trophy Lakes or Hampton Park. I would like to do more of this, if any TD's are interested contact me for pricing.

Only one thing sticks out in my mind. The hoodie I got at The Rumble. I like dry-fit too, but my Rumble hoodie is my favorite by a lot.

So clothes are my choice, I guess. I never like getting a disc, but that's because usually I get something else that's a better sentimental type thing to hang on the wall, and it's usually a disc I don't throw.

Another thing I like about shirts or hoodies: when I get a disc or something like that, I put it in my bag and no one sees it again. When I get a hoodie, I wear it. People ask me about it, which lets me tell them waaaayyy more about disc golf than where my hoodie came from ...

That, or a "Rules and Etiquette" mini. I love those things.

One of the best return on investment. or rather smiles to cost ratio is...

Ice cream after the round. In the form of Costco or equivalent ice cream bars, sandwiches bulk packs. (bulk tubs and scoop is low cost per person for the ice cream, but you blow that gain with bowls, spoons,hassle, etc) Unit dose prepackaged is the way to go.
I think it can get down to .50 per recipient or something near there.
Great idea to consider adding an Ice Cream sponsor (they front you the $40)

Why is this a great option?
Ice cream has mass appeal (don't assume everyone wants beer! or is age appropriate for it!)
Low cost
Received at end of event - finish with a smile, even if scoring went terrible
Gift after tourney raises esteem of event in memory

Sometimes, consider even having the ice cream being an added thing non announced.
Super bonus!

Last edited:
We gave out today for the players packs a Custom Stamp Zing mini, Reusable scorecards, Chill towel, custom stamp water bottle.

Maybe it's just me, but I could care less about stuff like koozies, stickers, pencils, minis, and other stocking stuffer type brick-a-brack. :\

I'd rather have one decent thing stamped with a visually appealing tourney stamp that I could actually use or trade.

A hoodie would be great, but might be too costly - I don't appreciate high entry fees. If it's really that much, I can buy my own hoodie.

Last edited:
For our Winter Series at Cedar Hill (Nashville) this year, the focus was on good players packs. They were:
-Proto D1/D4 and DD discs (we got the first shipment of Prodigy discs, and DD had just released).
-Tourney printed hoodie
-Tourney/club camp time stool
-Personalized (Name on back jersey style) and tourney printed polo jerseys.
Best players packs I've gotten.
---This morning I helped check in at the Music City Open Ams, which is a whopping 202 player Am only B-tier tournament this weekend in Nashville! The premium players packs for people that registered early was: Tourney dri-fit, 3 Discs (Gateway putter, Prodigy F-series, DD/Lat disc), clipboard, stickers and a choice of either a tourney hat/towel, or a tourney camp time stool. Pretty awesome players pack, and super awesome turn out for this event. Watch out BG Ams, Music City is GROWING!

Last edited:

Koozies are useless garbage. IMHO.

^^^This! I like the sanding block idea, granola bars, candy bar, dri-fit shirt, chuckers chalk or the like, and ice cream sounds good. :clap:

I really like the pint glass idea, one of the best things I got was from the kc wide open. Dan Howard dyed nano and a pink grip mini, both of those look fantastic.

For our Winter Series at Cedar Hill (Nashville) this year, the focus was on good players packs. They were:
-Proto D1/D4 and DD discs (we got the first shipment of Prodigy discs, and DD had just released).
-Tourney printed hoodie
-Tourney/club camp time stool
-Personalized (Name on back jersey style) and tourney printed polo jerseys.
Best players packs I've gotten.
---This morning I helped check in at the Music City Open Ams, which is a whopping 202 player Am only B-tier tournament this weekend in Nashville! The premium players packs for people that registered early was: Tourney dri-fit, 3 Discs (Gateway putter, Prodigy F-series, DD/Lat disc), clipboard, stickers and a choice of either a tourney hat/towel, or a tourney camp time stool. Pretty awesome players pack, and super awesome turn out for this event. Watch out BG Ams, Music City is GROWING!

Certainly a great event but not for 640+ players and 3 days, don't get carried away now

Certainly a great event but not for 640+ players and 3 days, don't get carried away now

Hence why I said it's GROWING, not "we're here." You think BG ams started first year with 640 players? BG ams has been going on for decades, Music City Open for a few years...And honestly I don't know if Big Andy's (TD) goal is a BG Am style event, but he has gone from a normal 2-day b-tier ams and pros together on 2 courses, to a 2 weekend event 1 weekend pro, next weekend am. In the am field there are 3 different pools covering 5 different courses. This is the growth over 2 years alone...

Lunch is always awesome!!!

IF you like what is being served, of course.

The ice cream is something I never thought of. Offering something special for players coming off the course is nice, and different.

Latest posts