• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most "exotic" OR unusual Disc Golf settings?

Jim Mozola (Downtown Houston TX)

Jim Mozola plays just a few miles from the skyscrapers along Buffalo Bayou in Downtown Houston. Very nice views, especially on 9, that's the pic I attached.

Attachments

• jim mozola #9.jpg
    jim mozola #9.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 25
I played Cape Henlopen this past weekend (fourth time in a month). Course is great, I will have to dig up my pics. Saw all kinds of lizards and the cactus flowers were in full bloom. I really wish they had placed it a little closer to the water so you could actually see the ocean or the bay on a hole or two.

A course outside of Central City, CO plays through an old ghost town. The course is aptly named Ghost Town. It is very fun and I am itching to get up there and throw a round. Hmmmm maybe this weekend.

A course outside of Central City, CO plays through an old ghost town. The course is aptly named Ghost Town. It is very fun and I am itching to get up there and throw a round. Hmmmm maybe this weekend.

If you go Saturday and need someone to play with, I may be down for that!

Cayo District, Belize

and

Haleakala, PoliPoli, Maui

are the two most exotic I have done yet. Maybe the two courses on Oahu as well.

:D:D
Cayo District, Belize

and

Haleakala, PoliPoli, Maui

are the two most exotic I have done yet. Maybe the two courses on Oahu as well.

I was in Oahu at the beginning of May, the two courses there are pretty much non-existant. After reading notes on them on this site, I decided it wasn't worth it. One is closed during the week because it's on the college campus and the other is managed by locals and has temp baskets that have to be put out....I found plenty of other stuff to do while I was there though. LOL :D

Check out The Rim Rock in Utah, very cool desertscape with small red rock canyons and outcroppings all over the course, very different kind of place to play. It gets hot though, it was 105 the day we played...

Great contribution to the thread! Wish I could hop on a plane and check it out today.

Played a private joint in Colorado that started at 9000' and made it to 10,000+. 12 up to the top, 12 at the top and 12 back down, all object. The best was teeing from one rock outcrop to the next. Not much of a run up but the next step could be 6000' down. :sick: It was super cool!!

Does sound like a blast, man.

Played Golden Gate Park in San Fransisco last week, while I was visiting for a wedding. Most beautiful course I have played yet!!!!! In case you don't know Golden Gate Park is a world class park in downtown San Fransisco. Course had multiple elevation changes amongst the rolling hills in the park that lead to some excellent views off the tees.
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/JPayne/Desktop/Teris%20Wedding%20104.JPG

I gotta say I was not expecting this! Very unique idea. Seems like a great way to get some non-discers (ladies, perhaps?) out to a course. Now I'm trying to think of all the other things that could be a course....hmmmm.

Jim Mozola plays just a few miles from the skyscrapers along Buffalo Bayou in Downtown Houston. Very nice views, especially on 9, that's the pic I attached.

That's what I'm talkin' about! The picture drives it home for me. Any good restaurants within walking distance? I'm always hungry after a few rounds.

Folks, I appreciate EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE so far. Great stuff. Thanks for your part in building this thread!

The skyscraper one has me thinking of a temp course tourny I am going to at devou park overlooking downtown cincy should be a great time. Come on August.

Played Golden Gate Park in San Fransisco last week, while I was visiting for a wedding. Most beautiful course I have played yet!!!!! In case you don't know Golden Gate Park is a world class park in downtown San Fransisco. Course had multiple elevation changes amongst the rolling hills in the park that lead to some excellent views off the tees.

Ok lets try that again.

Attachments

• mini-Teris Wedding 099.jpg
    mini-Teris Wedding 099.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 11
  • mini-Teris Wedding 102.jpg
    mini-Teris Wedding 102.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 13
  • mini-Teris Wedding 104.jpg
    mini-Teris Wedding 104.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 11

:thmbup:

Jealous! Would love to experience this. Just mapped it out. It's a few miles from the infamous Washington and Cherry intersection where Zodiac struck, and surely more significant cultural spots.....

Latest posts