• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Most Irreplaceable Disc in Your Bag

aphilso1

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Discussion in a different thread got me thinking. I personally don't buy many limited run/tour series discs not because of price, but because I don't want to reply on a disc that is difficult to replace. So my question is this: what single disc in your bag is the most irreplaceable, and do you treat it differently than your other discs?

For me, that's a beat-to-snot 166g Biofuzion Getaway. I've been throwing it since the week that Bio Getaways were released 2 years ago, and Biofuzion is a plastic that breaks in more than most. There's just something magical about an overstable mold that is beat into a flip machine.

As for how I use it, I never take it with me on vacations or when playing a new course. And even on familiar courses, I won't throw it on a shot that has a high risk of loss. This bothers me a lot, because I don't like bagging a disc that I'm afraid of losing. So I will periodically pull it out of the bag, but it always finds its way back in because I miss its unique flight. It's a love/hate neurotic relationship.

Prior to switching to Prodigy I had a bunch of hard to replace stuff in my bag, proline leopards and ching rocs most notably. Now I just use stock runs of stuff that are in regular production so can replace anything fairly easily.

I have a Star TL in a unique gray-ish blue color. I've only seen that color one other time; a guy had a Teebird that was uncommon in its own right. It got to where I was more scared of losing that TL than throwing it, so I retired it and went and got a very-common-color TL to replace it.

No disc in my current bag is irreplaceable, though if I bag a Star SL, that would come closest.

I've got an older penned S-line FD, and it's a nice champy-star mix. Got it as an F2 from Innova in 2018. I've got plenty of other FDs (way too many), but this one is my special little guy.

My K1 Berg. Just because it's such a useful & unique mold. It's easy to replace. Short FH's & FH rollers with the Berg keep scores low.

Trying to move toward throwing stock/tourney stuff. Occasionally bag a CE Leo that's along these lines, just never throw around water.

So I'd say most irreplaceable right now is my Starfire. At a perfect wear in life, goes far with little deviation left or right. I'd mourn it's loss for a couple rounds.

I have 2 beat in MD3s that I got second hand that are beat into perfection. I get nervous/excited whenever I throw them because they fly amazing but are SOOOOOOOOO hard to replace.

Black metal flake champion thunderbird. Got my only filmed ace with it. Took it out of the bag because I don't want to lose it. Because of the color it's really hard to find after a drive especially in the woods. It is beat into a long straight glidy beauty. A good compliment to my other thunderbirds. Haven't been able to find another like it. Might have to try a pro thundy.

Underworld in now discontinued elasto plastic. I like gummy plastic (gstar) for my drivers and Innova doesn't make any turnover discs like the underworld. I found two more in Finland I have on the way but if those are lost its probably game over on that mold plastic combo.

I have a max weight Star Teebird that has been in and out of my bag for 3 years, finally becoming my go-to disc for all narrow fairway shots. It was originally too overstable to have much utiliity for me. Now, people sometimes inquire about this disc after I throw it, because it works so well. I should be starting to beat in another Teebird that will replace this one when it goes bye bye, but I don't want to throw anything else.

Vibram Ridge. But mostly because I don't want to pay the collector market value on those wonderful wonderful discs.

I use a seasoned XT Stud for putting, but I toss putters around a lot so replacing a lost Stud is easy.

A seasoned Plasma Insanity is my understable fairway. Unfortunately when I lose one it takes a couple of months to break in a new one. But I can change angles on a fresh Insanity and get by.

Everything else I throw is stock and easily replaced.

a perfectly seasoned LE GL Mercy that I use for throwing....I'd be super disappointed to lose that thing, Flips over with a little power, but otherwise will ride laser straight for me. Breaking in a new one would be terrible

Probably a 171g proto star Destroyer. I actually have more of them, but the Destroyer in my bag has been in there the better part of a decade. Its beat to absolute perfection (some high speed turn without being flippy).

Losing that disc would be a pretty severe blow. On those holes where I can't decide what driver to use, this Destroyer is what I reach for. It never lets me down.

I have a BT soft Harp that I use for about 95% of my approach shots. It's been in the bag for three years and I affectionately call it the flying taco because it's so beat up and warped.

If I were to somehow lose it I'd happily pay the finder twenty or thirty bucks to get it back.

Latest posts