• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most overlooked ink removal technique!

thugjitsu

Double Eagle Member
So I like many have tried numerous ways to remove sharpie ink. Then it hit me! Now before I reveal this simple and widely used technique I'm going to say it is not perfect. If it's been on awhile this will simply fade the ink on the surface. If it's relatively fresh then this will remove it with no damage!

This technique?!

EXPO WHITEBOARD MARKERS!!!!

I remembered in school when kids would write on the whiteboard with sharpie the teacher would go over it completely with an expo marker and wipe it all immediately completely removing the sharpie. I thought hey plastic on our discs is relatively slick (champ especially) why not try it? And bam it worked perfectly. Ink that did not soak in was gone and ink that had was barely visible.

Hope this helps many of you :D

if the teacher used the wrong marker i didnt come off

I've used this method many times. Like the OP says, if it's fresh it works great. If the ink's been there a while it fades it and gets rid of most of it.

I think quite a few people have done this before. Never seen it work on ones inked for a while though.

null_zps6c5390df.jpg

This disc was completely colored in on the flight plate. As you can see there is remnants of ink but nothing and I mean nothing compared to what is was. I'm not saying I discovered something new but nobody ever mentioned it so I thought I'd step up and share the knowledge.

expo erasers only work with dry erase because they dont stick on the white boards... i mean a paper towel works just as well.

im not sure why you feel expo dry erasers will work any different then a piece of felt or cloth.

expo erasers only work with dry erase because they dont stick on the white boards... i mean a paper towel works just as well.

im not sure why you feel expo dry erasers will work any different then a piece of felt or cloth.

Erasers...?

He's talking about the markers. And yes it works well...old teacher trick....

EXPO WHITEBOARD MARKERS not the erasers...every now and then this pops up but yeah it works 60% of the time it works everytime.

Was the ink on top of the flight plate or on the bottom?

It was on the bottom. It was so dark if you didn't hold it up to the light you couldn't read the stamp. As you can see it's pretty darn clean. And that ink was on there awhile.

I wondered if it had any impact on the hot stamp. (it really shouldn't, dry erase ink isn't all that volatile.) Looks like it cleaned up pretty well.

The expo trick has no chance of damaging you're disc.

Not true. I've been using dry erase markers for years and you can mess up the plastic. Worst case was a Pro Katana with heavy ink that I tried to remove, the plastic started to peel off. Admitted I made quite a few passes over the same spots.

Latest posts