• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mountain Park DGC - Bernards Township, NJ

mmblink86

Birdie Member
In the coming weeks, I am planning on presenting a championship level 18-hole DGC proposal to the Parks & Rec Director of Bernards Township, NJ. The township already has 9-hole course (Harry Dunham) that has seen foot traffic exponentially increase over recent years.

Below is a link to a petition for the course:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/support-for-mountain-park-dgc-bernards-township

I would love to have dozens of signatures for my meeting, so please pass this petition to anyone you know who would want an amazing course in the CNJ area.

Thanks everyone!

I worked for Bernards Township for 12 years and installed Dunham Park DGC. I also designed a 18 hole course at Mountain Park until it was put on the back burner. I can help you with particulars.

I worked for Bernards Township for 12 years and installed Dunham Park DGC. I also designed a 18 hole course at Mountain Park until it was put on the back burner. I can help you with particulars.

PM'd. Thank you!

bump.

this course was approved, then cut from the budget, in 2006. the design is still viable on the land. this is definitely a reality!

thank you to those who have signed the petition. local support is growing rapidly, so i am going to town hall next week. keep signing the petition, and let me know if anyone would be interested in volunteering going forward.

I believe the Parks Director has returned from leave. I will be discussing the project and previous approval next week.

Some info on this project:

We are currently developing a proposal to present to the Parks & Recreation Board. The Parks Director is supportive of disc golf, and Bernards Township has plans to improve baskets and signs at Harry Dunham Park!

We will be presenting our design and cost analysis this fall!

Cool, thanks for the info JDD. Does that mean Harry Dunham will have 2 baskets per hole? I don't think the current Discatchers are in too rough of shape. 2 pin placements would be sweet. I've also just heard about your store, do you have a storefront anywhere?

Cool, thanks for the info JDD. Does that mean Harry Dunham will have 2 baskets per hole? I don't think the current Discatchers are in too rough of shape. 2 pin placements would be sweet. I've also just heard about your store, do you have a storefront anywhere?

We do have a storefront! We tent street fairs where we sell discs with on-site CC processing.

I will be posting our updated schedule of events shortly.

I must note, with the revenues we generate from Jersey Devil Discs, we promise to give back to the community. We have plans to sponsor a fundraising tournament next year as part of our overall proposal. Hopefully it will be a PDGA B or C-tier with a cash-added pot. We plan to play the Harry Dunham Safari Course