• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] MS Aurora Love?

I bagged a few different QMS's in my early years and really liked them. The Axis is what replaced it. They share a lot of similarities. Neutral enough to hold any line but reliable HSS so they can fly through some mild winds and take a power rip. I'd say the Axis is a bit faster and flatter though.

MS is definitely an overlooked mold.

I have a CE QMS that feels awesome but pretty much end up deferring to a Gremlin anymore.

Hahaha we can only speculate at this point, as I have not gotten to throw one yet.

I don't know much about the older ones (I had a domey, beat Sirius with Ontario tooling, first run) but my new run MMS with the new stamp is pretty flat. Feels like a slightly smaller buzzz but flies like a fresh x comet. I hope the new run Qs and Qdust molded the same way.

No need to worry, the only bad disc I remember Millennium ever making was the first run Sirius Orion LS, which molded up with a totally flat lip, making it retardo understable. I believe they were recalled if I remember right.

No need to worry, the only bad disc I remember Millennium ever making was the first run Sirius Orion LS, which molded up with a totally flat lip, making it retardo understable. I believe they were recalled if I remember right.

Word. I'll order a newer QMS and report back. Might need to grab a Sentinel too. Really impressed.

I just realized that I haven't seen my gummy QMS in a long time. I think someone is stealing discs out of my stash.

How does the MS compare to the legacy Gauge? Really like the gauge but hate that I can't buy legacy locally.

I have not thrown the Gauge, but have seen it in action. I would say the two are comparable. Icon similar to Millennium Aurora and Pinnacle to QMS maybe?

I would check with ZJ for better info though, He used to either be a Millennium pro or just threw it a lot and is now Legacy so he can really give better insight.

How does the MS compare to the legacy Gauge? Really like the gauge but hate that I can't buy legacy locally.

Here is what I found. Tried to keep the fanboys out of it and went with the most trusted posts from trusted users.

It definitely falls between a QMS and Coyote. It can work a lot of lines

This fan boy found his CE QMS killer

Confirmed for CE QMS killer

This run of Icon feels like a Star/ESP mix. Nice and grippy with a little flex. Like Lion mentioned, some colors have more flex than the others. White, orange and green seem a little more gummy while the red, blue and yellow are a little more stiff. I've thrown seven of the different colors and the more gummy the less stable.

This disc is not flippy at all. Nice amount of high speed turn with a small amount of forward fade. Lots of glide and I know its cliche, but it does like to hold the line its put on. As a moderately noodle arm player this thing is perfect. It does and goes where I want and with minimal effort.

Feels like a Coyote or QMS in the hand and has very similar flight. I used to throw Cores and this is what I,always wanted my Core to be. I rememvber hearing about the Gauge forever ago and was very excited and I was not dissappointed AT ALL. If you like stavle to understable discs, the Gauge is absolutely worth checking out. Ghost throwers, this is the perfect compliment.

Support Legacy, play with confidence!

That definitely looks a lot like a QMS. I think the QMS is a speed 4... are these faster?

I picked up a 180 yellow icon first run gauge and after a couple weeks testing find it flies very much like my QMSs. I tested it beside my heavy seasoned z Buzzz and three QMSs and could see it easily slipping into the stable to understable slot currently occupied by a fresh QMS. My test subject has a higher shoulder and flattens off at the stamp. One of my three comparison QMSs (a ce qms) has a similar profile while the other two MSs, another CE and a gummy MSs were flatter and slightly less HSS. The icon plastic is stiff but still grippy, like a champion stiff star blend, if that make sense.

The Gauge would flip up from a shallow hyzer into a mild headwind where my seasoned Z Buzzz would hold the hyzer much better. The Gauge had comparable HSS to my Buzzz and its hyzer flip straight finish LSS helps it get similar distance with a touch less speed but a touch more glide than my Z Buzzz at the same power.

I prefer flat tops better for my flick, probably since that's what I'm used to when sidearm finessing my Buzzz. I had a few wrist rolls with the Gauge that turned a little more than I wanted but with some practice YMMV.

Legend is more stable Booter. If we get a round in soon I'll let ya toss mine. The Legends are like a new 180g CE QMS

It's a QMS/Coyote baby.

Latest posts